Show your new clubs thread

Got a set of Titleist 990 DCI's for 65 bucks used today. I just wanted to try cavity backs again. We will see. If I end up liking them, maybe new irons will be in the works after this year, or maybe even these. I could fetch a few bucks for the Mizuno's, so it wouldn't be as terrible of an expense.

I did notice that they hit the ball long, and when I checked the specs, they seemed to actually be a degree or so weak. Interesting there.

love those irons. one of my favorite sets ever were the DCI 962's. 2nd favorite were the 990's. saw a BRAND NEW set of ebay recently. man they are pretty when they are new

If you like those you will LOVE Nickent 4DX Pros. Same designer, same design principle, but softer.

If you like those you will LOVE Nickent 4DX Pros. Same designer, same design principle, but softer.

Yes, but the 4DX pro's weren't 65 dollars for the set. And need I bring up the left handed thing again?

Yes, but the 4DX pro's weren't 65 dollars for the set. And need I bring up the left handed thing again?

You said if they work you may be interested in new irons. And IIRC 4DX Pros are available left handed. As for price, they may not be $65, but they are not much higher.

You said if they work you may be interested in new irons. And IIRC 4DX Pros are available left handed. As for price, they may not be $65, but they are not much higher.

Nickent's website didn't give me the impression that they were, but oh well. I will probably wait until the end of this year. Decided to definitely go with the Titleist's for now, so I guess my beloved Mizuno's are on the market. Just in the rough process of finding my distances. I sailed a green by about 10 yards today.

The thing with Nickent's, aside from their very limited left handed offerings, is that no retailer around me carries them, other than Dick's and their tiny offering of RH 3DX Ironwoods. I wouldn't pay good money for a club without first hitting it, so I really don't have a choice with that one.

By the end of the year 4DX Pros could be VERY cheap and not be "good money". They are already only a few hundred dollars and when 5DXs come out they could be next to nothing. Just something to think about.

Whoa, Black Bett[i] (bam-A-lam) !

Whoa, Black Bett (bam-A-lam) !

I had trouble getting decent photos (they're still not great, but they are better than previous attempts), so my apologies for the delay.

I have been struggling mightily with my putting (which is usually the savior of my game!) and, as much as I love the look and feel of my Scotty, I needed to get back to a heel-toe weighted Anser-style putter. Unfortunately, $$$.

Enter JB and GG. I mentioned my predicament to them and they negotiated a deal with Mizuno as a belated milestone-birthday present for this oldish guy - basically, an offer I couldn't refuse. So, THANK YOU THP and MIZUNO!

Without further adieu, I present to you, Black Bett!

BlackBetti1.jpg

BlackBetti2.jpg

BlackBetti5.jpg
BlackBetti3.jpg

BlackBetti4.jpg

Spoiler
Oh, and for those who are too young to get the reference in the title:

[YOUTUBE]lMLnDuzgkjo[/YOUTUBE]

thats one sweet putter harry! congrats:clapp:

Nice putter, Harry! Congrats! :clapp:

I love the MizuNardi putters. I'd probably already have one of those if it were an Anser2. That style just suits my eye a bit better, but the one you got certainly looks sweet. I also like that you can custom order the BC series with different lengths and headweights.

The C-03 is an Anser 2 shape:

55365.jpg

The C-03 is an Anser 2 shape:

55365.jpg

Yep, that's why one's in my bag, extended to 36" with a Bettinardi midsize IOmic grip and the world's coolest headcover (which unfortunately advertises another golf website).

I really like the way Bettinardi putters feel. I've smacked around most of the other brands, but the Bettinardis just feel better to me when they impact the ball.

Very pretty, Harry. Happy (very belated) birthday again.

Sweet surprise harry! And THP goes above and beyond once again.

Glad you like the putter Harry.

very nice! thats 2 putters in as many weeks!

very nice! thats 2 putters in as many weeks!

I like to think of it as 1 putter and 1 objet d'art (since the SeeMore will never see a ball.)

Hopefully Black Betti gets the ball in the hole. It sure as heck is nice looking. Now we just have to work on those wedges of yours. As much as I have like the Ping drivers, I cannot stand those wedges...hehe

That makes for a very happy belated birthday, congrats Harry.

I just bought a Odyssey White Hot XG at the silent auction of the charity event I played in on Friday. No pics yet, but you all know what they look like.

The Heavy Putter is going to get angry.

That's the point isn't it?

You've gotta show the putter who's the boss every now and then! Let it know that it's replaceable!

Spoiler
Heh-heh. I said "who's the boss."

whos_the_boss.jpg

I think it was angry anyway, refused to get the ball in the hole and whacked me in the ankle the other day. My cousin thought it was hilarious because I was carrying a 5 lb. putter.:D

I think it was angry anyway, refused to get the ball in the hole and whacked me in the ankle the other day. My cousin thought it was hilarious because I was carrying a 5 lb. putter.:D

I have black and blue marks on my leg from hitting myself as I walk off the green. It's nice to know someone else does that too.

Nice putter, Harry! Did you play her on the course yet.

I am going to sell the Never Compromise. She was not magic and I did not love the feel.

I just got a Heavy Putter on clearance at Golf Galaxy today. I have a problem.
:bulgy-eyes:

Back