Open Championship Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

My team absolutely sucks. Lee, Kaymer, Gmac and Brendan Grace. Wtf was I smoking?

HAHA dude pass me some of whatever it is...

I just want to see slow mo of him and the way he compresses the ball. I can't get over it
You probably should. It could get creepy around here fast if this continues.

I kid of course. But seriously.

:bashful:

I like Adam Scott. Because he dresses well. From his sunglasses to his shoes, the dude is a sharp dresser. I want his wardrobe.

Got tiger, Els, gmac, and poulter ugh

My team's going to have to go absolutely HAM tomorrow for me to have a bit of a hope. I looked good coming into today but my guys crashed and burned today.

Hate to wish ill will on anybody, but I hope Scott slows down tomorrow. I'd like to see a tight finish.

I like mr. scott, just loathe the belly putter.

I want anarchy tomorrow, pure anarchy. I need mother nature to show up. An Open Championship without crazy weather is like peanut butter without jelly or hamburger without cheese; you can have it, and it's not bad, but it ain't right and it ain't what it's supposed to be.

I like mr. scott, just loathe the belly putter.

I want anarchy tomorrow, pure anarchy. I need mother nature to show up. An Open Championship without crazy weather is like peanut butter without jelly or hamburger without cheese; you can have it, and it's not bad, but it ain't right and it ain't what it's supposed to be.

Crazy weather would be pretty damn exciting

I don't like stevie williams because I think he looks a little to much like jerry sandusky, I can't get past it whenever I see him.

Yep. Bring on the wind and rain!

I picked Kaymer, and he crapped the bed after playing well last week. Oh well.

I wish the weather would come in and be uber brutal tomorrow. That's what I like to watch the Open for, but no such luck this year.

My team... Was looking great until today!

4d2ea29a.jpg

Tap tap taparoo

I agree with all of that....weather has been WAY TOO NICE this week...no wind blowing crap over....no sideways rain....no balls blowing off the green...with this kind of weather they could be playing just about anywhere.

I want some wind and rain for the final round!

Weather forecast for the final round, times are local to the course:
0600 to 1200: Dry with variable amounts of cloud, but also some sunny spells. Winds: South to southwest 5 to 10mph gusts 15 increasing 10 to 15 gusts 20, possibly 25mph by midday.
1200 to 1900: Dry with bright or sunny spells and variable amounts of cloud. Winds: South to southwest 10 to 15mph increasing 15 to 20 gusts 25 to 30mph.

So no rain, but it sounds like the wind will be a factor if the forecast is correct.

15-20 mph...hell I played in winds worse than that today.....where are those 30-40 mph winds that we always see??

So what do I win for none of my picks making the cut?

Round 4 pin positions are shown below. First hole shouldn't be too demanding as the pin is in the back. The 2 par 5's, 7 and 11, both have pins in the back which should set up well for running shots, perhaps one of the leaders makes eagle there today? 16 is way up front, that hole could be drivable with the wind helping at the end of the day, but it sets up better for a wedge approach. 18 looks to be somewhat close to the same position as it was in 2001 when Duval won.

AyY8IZfCUAAUF2o.jpg

Number 3 pin looks devilish, so does number 8.

For Smallville: Carlos Tevez, of Manchester City fame, is caddying for Andres Romero today!

AyZOsElCIAEDZs0.jpg

I think we see some movement today. I also think Tiger gets a little more aggressive and makes a run. Its time Woods, its time to make your run.

I think we see some movement today. I also think Tiger gets a little more aggressive and makes a run. Its time Woods, its time to make your run.

Somehow, I see this being like Phil in last year's final round: Tiger makes a great run on the front nine and gets everyone excited, then falls back on the back nine. Even with the additional wind today, I think Adam Scott would have to massively choke to lost this thing.

Back