Orange Whip & Peel Review

I might go buy one of these tonight or at the latest this weekend. I have seen this at my course and have been very curious about them.

How does this compare to the speed woosh? Same type of thing or no?

Nice review. I've had the Orange Whip for quite a while now and have to agree - it's a GREAT training aid. I absolutely believe it has helped my swing which in turn has led me to lower scores!!! For those of you unsure about paying $100 or so for this training aid, my opinion is if you're serious about lowering your scores and truly playing better golf, the $100 price tag is totally worth it!!! It's a relatively small investment in the game we all love so much!

That's also what I was wondering but we have been instructed to only discuss the Whip and not compare it to the other product. Maybe someone can start a thread on one vs. the other.

Just read the review, great job!

I'll have to seriously look into this as tempo is one thing I struggle with on the course.

I don't think the swoosh and the whip have quite the same target in mind.

The whip really does work on overall core fitness in addition to establishing a good swing plane and proper swing mechanics.

See, I knew there was something else I wanted to grab while I was on my binge this week of equipment.

Great review Jason, really well done dude. I'm honest to goodness intrigued by this, more than I ever thought I would be.

See, I knew there was something else I wanted to grab while I was on my binge this week of equipment.

Great review Jason, really well done dude. I'm honest to goodness intrigued by this, more than I ever thought I would be.
I love the OW, and it's a great training aid that you can carry with you in your bag. Don't know about the OP though, that might not fit :)

Trying to find a place that sells the OW. Not many places around me do, taking a ride in a few minutes to try to find one...

Trying to find a place that sells the OW. Not many places around me do, taking a ride in a few minutes to try to find one...

Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts all carry it around here

Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts all carry it around here

I saw that those places have them online. Unfortunately, we don't have any of those with in an hour of me hahaha. We have Golf Town which is like 45 min away but I don't think they carry it.

Nice write up Jake, I have swung the OW in GG and GS but haven't picked one up....I may have to do that now.

Nice review Jake. I'm off to PGA SS today and I'll have to give this a look.

This thing is way different from the speed whoosh. The speed woosh is all about increasing you SS, the Orange Whip is about improving balance, tempo, lag and increasing the amount you use your core when you swing. The OW is considerably heavier than the Speed Whoosh.

The speed swoosh has a duel purpose actually. You can use to increase swing speed like doc says but it also can be used to prevent casting the club. The ball has a magnet on it that you attach to the handle and if you cast it the ball will fly off the magnet letting you know that you released too early. Still like doc says these two training aids are vastly different.

These really interest me. Cool products that are now on my wish list.

Chestnutcheese,

The "Counter Balance ball" located on the grip end of the "Orange Whip" enables the the shaft to flex more. The additional flex in the shaft promotes lag, tempo and timing.

The weighting, counter-weighting and flex are the "KEY" components that make the "Orange Whip" a strong training tool.

If this explanation is not satisfactory, go to "theorangewhiptrainer.com" and re-post your question on their "E-Mail" section.

Or, go out and swing the Orange Whip and you will instantly know what I am trying to convey.

P.S. The yellow copy product appears to be a re-labeled "Batting Stick" seen on little league fields for the past 15 years. I believe Walmart sells them for $30.

Last edited:
I was wondering what the shipping size of the orange whip is? can it fit in a suitcase or does it ship at full length like a normal club?

I decided to pick one of these up. Liking it so far.

I was wondering what the shipping size of the orange whip is? can it fit in a suitcase or does it ship at full length like a normal club?

got mine from amazon. shipped in a club box. i dont think you want to try to fold it up into a smaller box. there's a warning on it about excessive bending.

Since this thread started I took a closer look at my orange whip. Not sure how the shaft is made but the orange ball at the end is a Maverick lacrosse ball. BAsic Lamkin grip.

I decided to pick one of these up. Liking it so far.

got mine from amazon. shipped in a club box. i dont think you want to try to fold it up into a smaller box. there's a warning on it about excessive bending.

Thanks for the info

Yeah I don't think you'd be able to bend it enough to get it into a suit case, not without doing some damage to it anyway. It just ships like a normal club.

i got away from using this but im back on it now as it seems to help me feel the swing plane better and not lay it off at the top.

I have had one for about a month and have not quite figured out how to use it properly I guess. I need to find a video that has some drills or something.

Howzat,

The key is to swing it back and forth multiple times without stopping. That's it.

If you swing it once and then stop. The thing is useless. It must be swung continuously for multiple swings to acquire the proper effect.

Example: I swing my Orange Whip continuously for 12 swings before every round.

Last edited:
Back