Wedge Finishes - Your Preference

I like a Slate finish or a dull black like the mp r-12's. Something pleasing to my eye looking down and seeing a muted finish. On pure looks nothing beats a Copper finish.

Black all the way. I had raw too, it was also nice.

Raw or BP.

I don't get why people even care. The oilcan and black nickel finishes, at least in the Vokey, all wear off after about 20 rounds and look like the regular versions. After my 56 turned to the normal color, I found a good deal on a 60 oilcan and bought it. 3 months later and they are pretty much the same color now.

I prefer the satin. Doesn't show a lot of wear and also has less glare than the chrome.

Black followed by satin. I just wish that the black would hold the color a bit long.

I don't get why people even care. The oilcan and black nickel finishes, at least in the Vokey, all wear off after about 20 rounds and look like the regular versions. After my 56 turned to the normal color, I found a good deal on a 60 oilcan and bought it. 3 months later and they are pretty much the same color now.

Not all wear that way. We don't all play Vokey's.

I've always been drawn to the black wedges. I think I could learn to like the raw though.

You had me concerned so I ran out to my car to check my wedges. The oilcan has certainly received some wear on the face, but my black nickel that I've been playing for 15 months looks exactly the same as when I bought it (& nothing like the chrome).

Satin finish for me.

Black is beautiful !

Raw or Rusty Black Ox. Copper is gaining some favor with me.

Black Nickle, but not full-on black.

I've always played chrome wedges but this set of black oxide J40's has me completely converted.

Last three have been satin, black nickel and raw and I think I prefer raw.

Raw because the rust increases spin.

<Thread goes into nuclear meltdown in 3...2...1...>

S*#T stirrer :laughing:

I like the black finish and the satin but I am leaning toward the satin as I don't really like the wearing that happens with the black.

I prefer a raw finish. Adds a certain character to the wedge.

satin, definitely, looks so classical

Always been a fan of satin or black... have all satin now but love the way black wears after time too.

Satin looks the best to me and has less glare in bright sun. Any other finish would be OK if the wedge is good except for those finishes that rust. Rust is ugly.

I prefer satin....it lasts like Chrome but without the glare issues in bright sun

Copper. I love the look of them against the ground.

Back