Wedge Finishes - Your Preference

Anything but chrome really, can't stand looking down at a club and getting blinded by the reflection of the sun. I would have to vote black/slate.

-Queue "Blinded By the Light" - Manfred Mann

I'd have to agree with "anything but chrome" but if I had my druthers I would choose this order:

Raw
Copper (Oil)
Black
Satin
Chrome (UGH!)

I'd have to agree with "anything but chrome" but if I had my druthers I would choose this order:

Raw
Copper (Oil)
Black
Satin
Chrome (UGH!)

Exactly this!

I have always been a fan of the satin type look

I'm ok with most finishes, but chrome is the last on my list due to the glare it can give at times.

Smoked stainless is always a good look.

Right now....Raw. It's been a few years since I gamed a rusted wedge, and I can't wait for my new ones to get here!

Probably satin for me. I don't like rusty wedges or the face wear on a black wedge.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Dark nickel love a dark wedge

Oil can!

I prefer my wedges to finish within 3 feet of the hole.

Some have soaked their wedges in coke to get that rust look. You may have tried but if not it's worth a try

Dunked in coke to get that rusty look? I was always under the impression Coke got the rust off?

Really like my CG16 in Black Pearl. Main reason is when I sit the club behind the ball the black finish makes it really clear and gives me confidence if where I'm going to strike when I can see so much of the face. I've had satin and other finishes but I dont get the same feel of detail or confidence.

Dunked in coke to get that rusty look? I was always under the impression Coke got the rust off?
It will take the rust off, but then darken the finish of the wedge. It's almost a "blue-ish" color coming out of the Coke bath.

Some have soaked their wedges in coke to get that rust look. You may have tried but if not it's worth a try

I did a black nickel Mizuno one time because it was a bit too shiny for me. It dulled the finish on the majority of the head but actually ate away the finish on the face above and below each groove.

my trusty rusty looks so good after i play in the rain and it sits in my trunk for a week. give me rust any day.

Rust on a wedge is cool if you can get by the negative connotation it has for car owners, etc.

I like mine to match my irons, but I don't mind some rust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back