Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All ready been through the whole thread, wanted to see what ping's website had to say!

I've been on there eyeing them as well dude.

Now that the top end of my bag is settled, I am pondering a new set of wedges. Dont know which ones yet. So many good choices out there right now.

Now that the top end of my bag is settled, I am pondering a new set of wedges. Dont know which ones yet. So many good choices out there right now.

J40s and mackdaddy2s come to mind

Tour Trusty's trump all for me, and not bc they're my sponsor, they're just really good.

Having played them all this year, J40 and Tour Trusty's win for me.

When my J40 wedges wear out I'm probably going to try and find some more J40's...pretty much says it all. If Bridgestone is smart the J42 wedges will be identical to the J40's because "if it aint broke, don't change things for the sake of change."

After hitting the Apex pro irons yesterday they are at the TOP of my really, really want list. They looked so much better in real life compared to pictures and felt so nice to hit, only trouble is I cant afford to fork out $2000 just for a set of irons.

Amp cell 2/3 hybrid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

After hitting the Apex pro irons yesterday they are at the TOP of my really, really want list. They looked so much better in real life compared to pictures and felt so nice to hit, only trouble is I cant afford to fork out $2000 just for a set of irons.

Wow that is a lot of coin that's for sure

I've been on there eyeing them as well dude.

It could just be the cold weather making me crazy but I like looking down at a smaller top line, but don't wanna give up the forgiveness. The i25 seems to fit nicely between my wants and needs out of a set of irons.

I'm pondering heading back to Dicks with their crazy clearance sale right now and getting a new hybrid. My current 3h is 17* loft (and I CANNOT hit it) and 4h is 21*. 5i is 27*. Both are the Walter Hagen XLR brand, steel shaft.

Any recs on a good loft to replace both my current 3h and 4h with one hybrid? I honestly very rarely pull out the 3h, partly because I can't hit it, but I've yet to be in a situation where I've thought "oh the 3h would've been better for that shot". They have Adams, Nickent, Cobra, and Cleveland Mashies on clearance. I also want to free up a slot for my chipper as well, which is why I'm thinking about consolidating the hybrids.

Tour Trusty's trump all for me, and not bc they're my sponsor, they're just really good.

Having played them all this year, J40 and Tour Trusty's win for me.

J40 and tour trusty > Hopkins in your experience?

J40 and tour trusty > Hopkins in your experience?

Yes. Both from a spin standpoint and the Tour Trusty with the K grind does everything the heel and heel/toe grinds on the Hopkins let me do.

Yes. Both from a spin standpoint and the Tour Trusty with the K grind does everything the heel and heel/toe grinds on the Hopkins let me do.
Interesting bit of info right there. I haven't had a chance to get my Hopkins wedges out on the course yet, but considering the revolving door that is the bottom of my bag, I'll keep these two at the top of my ponder list as the snow melts.

Wow that is a lot of coin that's for sure

It sure is Mike, the guy said so ill see you again shortly to order them and I thought not likely. I looked at rock bottom golf and can get the non pro version including shipping to my house for $1400ish saving about $600.

It sure is Mike, the guy said so ill see you again shortly to order them and I thought not likely. I looked at rock bottom golf and can get the non pro version including shipping to my house for $1400ish saving about $600.

Shaft upgrade? Is that the reason for the 2g price?

I didn't think msrp was that high on them.

Shaft upgrade? Is that the reason for the 2g price?

I didn't think msrp was that high on them.

Shipping to New Zealand might be costly.

The same shaft in all three? If not please share the set up....I ask bc the hi-rev & Hopkins head has gotten pretty stellar reviews.

No shaft upgrade, standard kbs shafts. That is the price we pay for them over here in our shops. That is why I'm looking over at the us to purchase, because it's cheaper to get them shipped from over there than buy off the shelf here.

Since #OwnTheSecondShot will probably be my first outside golf of 2014, I am glued to the Adams website. Specifically the XTD TI fairway wood and hybrid.

You're thoughts are very interesting! I hadn't been considering a tour trusty, but I can see how the k grind is similar. Thanks for making my decision a little easier!

You're thoughts are very interesting! I hadn't been considering a tour trusty, but I can see how the k grind is similar. Thanks for making my decision a little easier!

I like a little heel relief on my wedges.

I will say, I could game my Hopkins forever and be happy, I just spin the golf ball more with the Tour Trusty's than I have any other wedge but the J40's, likely all my craziness; but I'll take it.

I think it's time to look for a replacement for the g25. I need something higher lofted and she's too Jekyll and Hyde for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back