The ONLY Birdie I Despise: Flappy Bird!

I hate you Dan! You have ruined my alone time.

This game will be the death of me. I downloaded it about week ago and it has been one hell of challenge. I have only manage to get to 20 and I like to think i got lucky. What animal created this game.?! I don't see how there are people that have gotten to 99,999, my guess is they are hackers of some sort. I find it hard to believe that anyone let alone hundreds of people have reached this feat.

The ONLY Birdie I Despise: Flappy Bird!

Managed to get to 33 due to the fact the second half of the Super Bowl was not worth watching. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This game will be the death of me. I downloaded it about week ago and it has been one hell of challenge. I have only manage to get to 20 and I like to think i got lucky. What animal created this game.?! I don't see how there are people that have gotten to 99,999, my guess is they are hackers of some sort. I find it hard to believe that anyone let alone hundreds of people have reached this feat.

Yeah, purely hackers -- You'd have to eat a few meals and shower in the time it would take to get to 99,999

In the few times I have played, the best I have managed is about 16.....

This game is so stupid & addicting!!! I like it. :D High score is 16.

After seeing this thread and the references popping up other places in the media, I installed it last night...brutal, my best score is 5.

Well thanks to Canadan my wife is defiantly addicted. Her high score last night was 63. I kinda have given up on it where she can't put her phone down.

I'm up to 12, and my girlfriend downloaded it and got up to 6... she's now hooked

My students showed it to me yesterday and I knew that it would be addictive and probably piss me off. So I did not download it. I watched a video of LeVon Bell from the Steelers getting to 126 the other day.

After trying this quickly, and promptly deleting it, thought this article was interesting...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/tech/gaming-gadgets/flappy-bird-game/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

hahahahahaha

Over at Forbes, Paul Tassi wonders, "What does that say about society as a whole? Have we reached a level of boredom bordering on dangerous if we're spending our time en masse on something so pointless?"
I bet Paul is TERRIBLE at Flappy Bird. #YouMadBro?

I liked this section as it rang true to my thoughts:

"It's all tappity tap tap, death, anger and repeat until you notice an hour has passed, and you've only managed to get a high score of 3 points. You are a smart, successful human with a college degree and a job, and you can't stop steering a bird through a little virtual maze in the hopes of a double-digit score."

I find it hilarious that a simplistic game like Flappy Bird is causing people to challenge society as a whole, yet the garbage that is consumed on television from a gross percentage of shows continues with a shrug and a giggle. Forbes dude needs to come back down from the clouds and grab onto something.

I liked this section as it rang true to my thoughts:

"It's all tappity tap tap, death, anger and repeat until you notice an hour has passed, and you've only managed to get a high score of 3 points. You are a smart, successful human with a college degree and a job, and you can't stop steering a bird through a little virtual maze in the hopes of a double-digit score."

I think that speaks towards our human nature to be successful. The mind shouts at you that a game as simply designed as that cannot possibly be THAT hard, can it?!

I freaking hate this game!!!!

But it is so addicting

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

It got uninstalled from my phone with an all time high of one.

a nice little Flappy Bird article i came across today....

http://tabtimes.com/feature/tablet-g...url.google.com

here's a blurb i enjoyed:

It's not uncommon to lose your bird on the very first set of pipes. Players find scores of 30 or 40 brag-worthy. Although as an infinite game, scores of 1,000+ should be possible, encountering someone who's managed to break 100 is like meeting a celebrity

although...Canadan is already a celebrity in the eyes of many.

Downloaded it today. After about 25 tries, my high score is 8.

I've made a huge mistake.

Back