Good thing the area was remote.

Looks like a Kansas Grand Canyon.

Wow, that is some horrible umpiring.

[h=1]Woman left in chair with human waste, husband charged with elder abuse[/h][h=2]Roaches, maggots, flies and fly larva found near chair[/h]
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. —
A woman is in critical condition at an area hospital with severe bedsores after she was left in a chair for approximately 11 days, court documents said.
The woman's husband, Gary Raps, 58, of Independence, has been charged with second degree elder abuse, the Jackson County District Attorney's Office said.

Raps was charged after police were called to Centerpoint Hospital on Sunday after the staff noticed that Raps' wife had severe injuries on her body "consistent with obvious neglect," court documents said. Police went to Raps' home and found a chair in the living room covered in human feces and urine. There were also roaches, maggots, flies and fly larva covering the chair and its surroundings, court documents said. The house was condemned.

Raps told police "approximately eleven days ago his wife became ill and stayed in her recliner. He advised approximately four days ago she became immobile and stopped conversing," court documents said. Raps also told police that when her condition became so severe he had "basically given up on his wife and did not know what to do," according to court documents. Prosecutors requested bond be set at $100,000.

"It's scary. It really is, and sad," said neighbor Joanna Stewart. "If I had known what was going on, I would have called. I really would've."

A man who said he knows the couple but asked to identified only as a neighbor said the couple met at a bar and fell in love. He said he heard she had been living in filthy conditions.

"I thought that she needed help," the neighbor said. "I would want that done for my own mother."

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-cit.../21430940/-/my8f9l/-/index.html#ixzz2boaS3w8D

Not really local, but I don't think needs it's own thread!

Thousands apply for one-way ticket to Mars

(CNN) - Tens of thousands of people have sent in audition tapes to a Dutch non-profit in hopes of being picked for a chance of a lifetime. The organization Mars One is looking for people willing to give up their lives on Earth to become the first humans to live on the red planet. You just have to be at least eighteen years old to apply. There are at least 100,000 Earthlings who say they would.

The mission will cost $6 billion. Mars One is considering turning the video application process into a reality TV show in order to offset the costs.

"When you arrive on Mars, you will find a habitable settlement on the planet, but it's not finished yet. It's not your home yet. So the first half-year you will be doing a lot of construction," Mars One CEO Bas Lansdorp said.

He dreamt up this voyage in 1997 and is dedicating his life to accomplishing the mission.

"Groups that we have in training might drop out, or we might think that a group is not qualified, or someone in a group might be ill, and no longer eligible. So we will be repeating the application process every year," Lansdorp said.

It'll only cost you $38 to apply, which is about the average cost of a college application. But it'll take more than just your vitals and your interests. You have to tell Mars One what stresses you out, what frightens you and when you've experienced a situation with a culture different than your own.

"Landing it will be very, very tricky. Protecting the first four, and subsequent people, from radiation is going to be hard ... and maintaining health, with kind of minimal facilities, for the rest of these folks' lives, as they build up the settlement, I think will be a real challenge,” Lansdorp said. “And producing food on the surface of Mars. So there are a lot of obstacles."

Now remember, once you go, you can't go home again. But for some applicants, maybe that's a good thing? If you want to apply, the deadline for this round is at the end of August. But you'll have more chances, because Mars One wants to recruit multiple groups, in case people drop out of the program, and they eventually want to send additional missions in the hopes of having more than 100 Martians in the next 40 years.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/science_tech/thousands-apply-for-one-way-ticket-to-mars

[h=2]A Wis. man who changed his name to Beezow Doo-doo Zopittybop-bop-bop faces drug charges.[/h]Days after a Tennessee judge made news for changing a baby's name from Messiah, another man with a name to remember is making headlines.

The Madison, Wis., man who gained widespread attention after legally changing his name to Beezow Doo-doo Zopittybop-bop-bop in 2011 has been arrested in Iowa on drug charges, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

Beezow, as he is commonly known, was arrested July 20 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, when police noticed his turqoise van weaving along the road, Yahoo! News reports. When they stopped him, police found half an ounce of marijuana, Yahoo! reported.

Beezow, whose given name is Jeffrey Wilschke, was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia and operation of a motor vehicle without registration, the Wisconsin news organization reported, based on information obtained from a jailer and the Iowa court system.
The Iowa Judicial Branch online system lists four cases involving Beezow/Wilschke but -- as with all its cases -- it did not give details.

Beezow became famous in January 2012 when he was arrested for marijuana possession in a Madison, Wis., park and his unusual name attracted attention from all over the world.

The public made light of the name, but a closer look into the man's life by the Wisconsin news organization revealed a sadder story. Beezow has been in and out of the mental health care system and diagnosed with schizophrenia, which he disputes, the State Journal reported. He has said that he suffers from depression and post traumatic stress disorder from the abuse he suffered on the streets while homeless.
Beezow has said his name represents, in part, "the explosion of awareness of the interconnectedness of the infinite love in the universe."

Beezow has a trial scheduled for Sept. 17 on the felony charge, the State Journal reports. He could face up to five years in prison and $7,500 fine.

See news video here: http://www.thv11.com/news/watercool...urfboard-flies-through-Hawaii-mans-windshield

Amazing: Surfboard flies through Hawaii man's windshield

HONOLULU (CNN) -- A man was driving down the highway when a surfboard came flying at his car. Jerrin Ching still can't believe it. He has some scratches on his arms and a few on his face and that's it. He says, "This is just from the initial impact of the glass. I'm just thankful to be here."

Considering he was behind the wheel of a his car when a surfboard crashed through his windshield. The accident happened on the H1 Freeway eastbound just past the Punahou Overpass around 10:45 Sunday morning.

Jerrin, who lives in Moanalua, was on his way to pick up his friend at UH. He says, "And I was in the far left lane and there was a bus in the middle lane and all of a sudden I see this red thing come out of nowhere and turns out it was a surfboard and it just crashed through my windshield. It shattered right through. Yeah someone was watching over me."

Witnesses told police they saw the surfboard fall off the over pass then it bounced off the school bus. Jerrin says, "Then that's when it came to me, yeah kind of a freak accident."

And even though Jerrin was driving, the 2011 Honda Fit doesn't actually belong to him. He says, "Yeah this was my girlfriend's car, who was on Maui at the time. She was worried about me more than the car I guess, but her car's going to be fixed so that's the main thing."

And what's still a mystery is who the surfboard belongs to. His message to the owner is, "Can you please claim your board and I don't know, pay for the windshield or something because you almost killed me, yeah."

http://www.news9.com/story/23456704...five-people-pulled-from-lake-in-custer-county

Two Cars Containing Skeletal Remains Pulled From Lake In Custer County

CUSTER COUNTY, Oklahoma - The Custer County Sheriff's Department is seeking information from the public after the skeletal remains of six people in two separate cars were discovered in Foss Lake Tuesday afternoon. According to OHP, the cars were discovered during a training session with a new sonar device.

Crews pulled two vehicles from the lake in Custer County. The first was an early 1950's model car that had three bodies inside. Sheriff Bruce Peoples told the Elk City Daily News he believes the remains belong to a couple last seen in Canute in the early 1960s. The two were reportedly on their way to Foss Lake and never seen again. It's unknown who they believe is the third body.

The second car pulled from the lake also had three bodies inside, believed to be three teenagers reported missing from the Sayre area in the early 1970s.

Cops: Tired of Eagles music, woman stabs roommate
The Associated Press

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. — There apparently was no peaceful, easy feeling when a North Charleston woman allegedly stabbed her roommate because she was fed up with his listening to the Eagles. North Charleston police say 54-year-old Vernett Bader is charged with criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature following the Monday night incident.

An incident report says police responded to a report of a stabbing and found Bader's 64-year-old roommate with stab wounds to his arm, hand and elbow. The report says Bader grew angry as the roommate was listening to the Eagles and watching television with his brother. Police said she got a knife from a kitchen drawer and, when the men wrestled it away, went back and got another.

It was not known if Bader had an attorney.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/09/18/3007071/cops-tired-of-eagles-music-woman.html#storylink=cpy

Been a lot of talk about this obit on one of my other forums, interesting to say the least.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sa...william-mccullough&pid=166950349&#fbLoggedOut

William Freddie McCullough - BLOOMINGDALE - The man. The myth. The legend. Men wanted to be him and women wanted to be with him. William Freddie McCullough died on September 11, 2013. Freddie loved deep fried Southern food smothered in Cane Syrup, fishing at Santee Cooper Lake, Little Debbie Cakes, Two and a Half Men, beautiful women, Reeses Cups and Jim Beam. Not necessarily in that order. He hated vegetables and hypocrites. Not necessarily in that order. He was a master craftsman who single -handedly built his beautiful house from the ground up. Freddie was also great at growing fruit trees, grilling chicken and ribs, popping wheelies on his Harley at 50 mph, making everyone feel appreciated and hitting Coke bottles at thirty yards with his 45. When it came to floor covering, Freddie was one of the best in the business. And he loved doing it. Freddie loved to tell stories. And you could be sure 50% of every story was true. You just never knew which 50%. Marshall Matt Dillon, Ben Cartwright and Charlie Harper were his TV heroes. And he was the hero for his six children: Mark, Shain, Clint, Brandice, Ashley and Thomas. Freddie adored the ladies. And they adored him. There isn't enough space here to list all of the women from Freddie's past. There isn't enough space in the Bloomingdale phone book. A few of the more colorful ones were Momma Margie, Crazy Pam, Big Tittie Wanda, Spacy Stacy and Sweet Melissa (he explained that nickname had nothing to do with her attitude). He attracted more women than a shoe sale at Macy's. He got married when he was 18, but it didn't last. Freddie was no quitter, however, so he gave it a shot two more times. It didn't work out with any of the wives, but he managed to stay friends with them and their parents. In between his many adventures, Freddie appeared in several films including The Ordeal of Dr. Mudd, A Time for Miracles, The Conspirator, Double Wide Blues and Pretty Fishes. When Freddie took off for that pool party in the sky, he left behind his sons Mark McCullough, Shain McCullough and his wife Amy, Clint McCullough and his wife Desiree, and Thomas McCullough and his wife Candice; and his daughters Brandice Chambers and her husband Michael, Ashley Cooler and her husband Justin; his brothers Jimmie and Eddie McCullough; and his girlfriend Lisa Hopkins; and seven delightful grandkids. Freddie was killed when he rushed into a burning orphanage to save a group of adorable children. Or maybe not. We all know how he liked to tell stories.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...k-to-lie-in-bed-for-two-months-204258577.html

Spoiler
Are you a lazy person who loves to lie in bed all day? Then you might be a perfect candidate for a certain job at NASA.

NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, is looking to pay volunteers $10,000 to lie in bed for 70 days in order to study the effects of “microgravity” on the human body, according to a story published Monday in the Daily Mail. Simply put, microgravity is a very small force of gravity that makes astronauts bounce around seemingly weightlessly in space. It's also the state of the body when it’s in freefall. Since astronauts spend months at a time in space, scientists are continually studying how microgravity affects the human body.

The experiment is twofold: After participants are screened for health (they must be between the ages of 24 and 55 and can’t smoke, take medications, use hormones, or be pregnant or menopausal), they move into the Johnson Space Center for two weeks; there, they carry out daily activities so that scientists can observe their bodies in normal conditions.

Then they move to NASA’s Flight Analogs Research Unit (FARU) at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas, where they lie in a bed for 70 days with their body positioned so that they're tilted downward (head lower than feet), which mimics the physiological effects of microgravity.

Although NASA didn’t respond to Yahoo Shine’s requests for comment, photographs of study subjects portray them playing instruments and video games, surfing the Internet, reading magazines, and eating and drinking. Beds are also positioned side-by-side so that subjects can interact. Getting out of bed isn’t permitted, except when scientists test the body's responses.

Next comes the recovery period. For the following two weeks, people are allowed to stand up and slowly move around the facility and resume normal activity.

“Having people lie in bed for 70 days is a fairly easy way to study the effects of microgravity on the human body without actually sending people to space,” Ben Burress, staff astronomer at the Chabot Space & Science Center in Oakland, California, tells Yahoo Shine. “When the body is in microgravity, it’s in freefall, similar to the feeling you get when you skydive or ride to the top of a roller coaster — that brief moment when you begin to fall. That feeling can’t be created by standing, sitting, or lying down, so scientists adjust the body into a tilt that tricks the body into thinking it’s in freefall.”

Unsurprisingly, manipulating your body into such an awkward position can cause side effects. Because there’s a lack of gravity distributing fluids throughout the body, they settle in the face, causing bloating. Also, people tend to grow slightly taller because their spines are no longer compressed by gravity, and bones lose density and become brittle from lack of use. “It's unclear how these participants use the bathroom, but in space, astronauts use a suction device,” says Burress.

If it sounds appealing, you can sign up. But no worries if you don't qualify. NASA has a history of reaching out to the public for studying the cosmos. Back in 2007, in order to test whether humans could stay awake long enough to function on Mars (which has a 24.65-hour day), NASA added an hour to people's 24-hour day by exposing them to super bright lights for one month.

And in 2012, Forbes reported that the space organization put out a call for volunteers to live in a small enclosure with strangers and eat only astronaut food for four months during a simulated trip to Mars. With limited cuisine in space, scientists wanted to gauge whether people got tired of eating the same foods on a regular basis. The menu included astronaut ice cream, dried meat, sugar, flour, and no fresh produce. The silver lining: $5,000 and a round-trip ticket to Hawaii. Anything for science!

[video=youtube;-KbTsKJoxak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KbTsKJoxak[/video]

Man forced to dig up wife's body from front yard

STEVENSON, AL (WAFF) - After a difficult and emotional day, Friday marked the end of a fight to keep a man's wife buried in the front yard of their Stevenson home.

The city sued James Davis to get the body of his wife Patsy exhumed. James appealed all the way to the Alabama Supreme Court. Earlier this month, the court ruled against him. The city and Davis came to an agreement in which he will get his $10,000 appeal bond back, minus $687 for court transcripts. Davis said being buried in the couple's yard was Patsy's dying wish.

"Momma asked that she not be cremated, but the only way I can keep her here is by cremating her," James said.

The Jackson County Sheriff oversaw Friday's removal. Family members stood and watched the exhumation process, turning away at one point during a technical glitch. James Davis said he tried to maintain composure for the sake of the rest of the family. Looking back, James said he doesn't think twice about his decision to honor his wife's last wish. He said the bottom line is that you keep family close to you.

"If you bury a bird or a cat or whatever, that's a grave site. If people bury their pets in their yard and buries their family somewhere else, do they care more about their pets than they do their family?" asked Davis.

Patsy Davis' remains are expected to be cremated, then placed in an urn and given back to James Davis to keep at home.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/23978925/man-forced-to-dig-up-wifes-body-from-front-yard

Woman upset by 'WH0R' license plate
Missouri woman demanded new plate over 'offensive' word

WHOR-license-plate-Missouri-jpg.jpg

ST. LOUIS —A Missouri woman is upset about a license plate she was issued last week.

It reads "WH0R8X."

Deb Levy told KTVI it looks like an "offensive" word used to demean woman.

"Who would want to drive around with that word on the back of their car?" she said.

While it is missing an "e," Levy said most people who look at it see a dirty word. When she complained, she was told she would have to pay $17 if she wanted a new combination of numbers and letters.

"It is not about the money, but when I showed it to them they said it just said who," Levy said. "Can you spell?"

The Missouri Department of Revenue agreed to give her a new plate for free after KTVI called officials on Thursday. Levy said she is happy to be getting a new plate, but until she gets it, she is driving with her expired one.

"I won't put that offensive plate on my car," she said. "My daughter drives this car."

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/woman-upset-by-...23112552/-/wqwxjez/-/index.html#ixzz2lcpeTtXy

Lol, red car?

Ok that is em bare a$s ing! I guess Georgians have a different form of entertainment!

Could have been someone p(ass)ing through, maybe from Maryland even. :devil:

Police: Woman stabbed man with ceramic squirrel

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A 41-year-old man was left bloodied early Christmas morning after his spouse attacked and stabbed him with a ceramic squirrel for not bringing home beer, according to an incident report.

Helen Ann Williams, 44, was arrested Wednesday and charged with criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature. North Charleston police were called to a home in the 2000 block of Clifton Street around 12:20 a.m. for a domestic disturbance.

An incident report states officers arrived to find a man with a large amount of blood on his shirt due to a "large deep" laceration from his left shoulder to left chest area. He also had cuts on his face. The victim told police he went to the store to get beer, but returned home because the store was closed.

The reports states Williams was mad the victim did not bring home beer. She then hit the victim over the head with a ceramic squirrel, and stabbed him in the chest with it. Police say Williams claimed the victim fell and cut himself. When asked why she had blood on her hand and clothes, she said it was not the victim's blood and that it had been there. The victim was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Williams is being held at the Charleston County Detention Center. Her bond was set at $10,000.

3122740_G.jpg

http://www.kctv5.com/story/24313842/police-woman-stabbed-man-with-ceramic-squirrell

Small..... All I can say is wow

KG

Just Tapping Away

Back