The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned my local driving range got shut down last week. It's been on my mind all week and I am seriously thinking about leasing it. I'm not a risk taker though so I have some obstacles to overcome.

Sheesh.

Unless you have money burning a hole, I'd advise against it. Didn't you say in that post that he was losing money all the time?

Jesse, my deepest condolences. Thoughts and healing energy to you and yours.

Just found out my last living grandparent passed away tonight. She was in her late 80's and went out peacefully, but its always hard.

At the end of the day, its a good reminder to let let everyone you know you love them and enjoy every day as it is your last. RIP grandma Mathis.

So sorry to hear this man. Positive thoughts coming your way.

Just found out my last living grandparent passed away tonight. She was in her late 80's and went out peacefully, but its always hard.

At the end of the day, its a good reminder to let let everyone you know you love them and enjoy every day as it is your last. RIP grandma Mathis.
Sorry for your loss Jesse.

Im so sorry buddy. We're here if you need anything.

I just heard some very sad news about a former boss - a really gentle, good guy who happened to be battling depression. It is a very unfortunate reminder that this is a very hard time of year for some, as well as the fragility of life.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this bro. Your family will be in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear, jj.

Sorry for ur loss jj

Thinking about ya Jess.

I'm a big fan of yours Jesse. I'm sure she was an awesome lady.

Sorry to hear that JJ. Always tough to lose someone, thoughts and prayers going out for you man.

Sorry to hear this Jesse, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jesse, was just thinking about some stuff a bit ago, and the past few weeks you have had some trying times and stressful evenings. However, you are here every day with nothing but the best attitude and a great spirit. I think we could all learn a bit from you bro, I know I have.

You rock, bro.

I'm actually in a darn good mood for a change but seeing some of you guys having a hard time makes me feel bad. Getting out on the course today did a lot of good to my spirits in spite of the conditions. Can't wait for spring when I can start playing with a bit more regularity again.

I'm actually in a darn good mood for a change but seeing some of you guys having a hard time makes me feel bad. Getting out on the course today did a lot of good to my spirits in spite of the conditions. Can't wait for spring when I can start playing with a bit more regularity again.

Off til Wednesday. On the course today. Jack Daniels in your glass. Sounds good to me bro.

T&P's and sorry for your loss my friend

Off til Wednesday. On the course today. Jack Daniels in your glass. Sounds good to me bro.

No doubt. :) I had clutch shots in about every area of the round today, too. I hit some poor shots too, but the good ones outnumbered the bad. Really excited about the direction my game is going. Days off is just nice as I know the first couple of months next year are going to be busy as all hell.

Jesse, was just thinking about some stuff a bit ago, and the past few weeks you have had some trying times and stressful evenings. However, you are here every day with nothing but the best attitude and a great spirit. I think we could all learn a bit from you bro, I know I have.

You rock, bro.

Very kind words, and very much appreciated Ryan. It's crazy how much the people here mean to me and how happy I am to be able to spend time here everyday.

Unless you have money burning a hole, I'd advise against it. Didn't you say in that post that he was losing money all the time?

I think the issue was his rate was going to go up in the Spring. I found out what the current rate is and what it apparently will be raised to and I really don't think it is that bad. The range has all kinds of opportunity for improvement as it has been run under the good ol boy system for the past 5 years or so. It has a decent grass hitting area but has the opportunity for improvement as well as an expanded and improved mat area. I dunno, I have a ton of idea running thru my head and I honestly think I could take $10k and put into the range and stop the bleeding.

Luckily, this wouldn't replace my current job. With a Range Servant machine and a little weekend TLC I believe the range could support itself over the winter and then I could really pour it on in the summer and start making some major improvements and start paying off my investment. Of course, there are some negatives as well so I am really pondering this move. I am reaching out to some of my more business minded friends this week to try to find a partner to tackle this with me.

Please do speak with them. The amount of money it takes to get a range right in the world of golf is staggering. There are a lot of buckets that need to be sold and so many fail because of it.

Please do speak with them. The amount of money it takes to get a range right in the world of golf is staggering. There are a lot of buckets that need to be sold and so many fail because of it.

Thanks JB, this range has never been a lucrative range and I dont think it has the chance to be. It has been in the community for 25 years and is kind of a staple in the community, they just had a big community celebration a few months ago (ironic right?) where the mayor of Knoxville even attended. Considering I grew up and currently live only a mile away from the range, part of me just wants to keep the place open. Its also kinda cool that my grandfather owned a grocery store just 100 yards across the parking lot in the 40's and 50's so the area means a lot to me.

However, it's still business and if I can supplement my income a little it would be worth it...but if it's going to be a money pit all the sentimental stuff needs to take a seat.

I hope there are some smiles today, even if they're small they're smiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back