The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked on putting last nite and will again today. Range tomorrow then Charleston National Friday.

Worked on the over the top problem and I think it's getting better. Loving my cheapie eBay 910 D2 driver. It's kicked the R1 out of the bag.

Heading to the range here in a bit to work on short game.

On my way to a lesson, to tighten things up before LITA

This must be the post THP Event blues that I read so much about.
For the first time in the last 2 years I have no desire to hit the range and don't really feel like playing a round of golf either.

Sim session not going as planned lesson tomorrow to fix it hopefully

Sim session not going as planned lesson tomorrow to fix it hopefully

Not sure I would base it off a sim session. Your game has been coming along from what I've read. Need to tee it up after L.I.I.T.A

Not sure I would base it off a sim session. Your game has been coming along from what I've read. Need to tee it up after L.I.I.T.A

Iron swing is off

Had a really fun short game session tonight after a really solid 45 minute range session. I decided to put myself through a short game "gauntlet" of sorts. I put myself in different situations, and then rotated through those areas 3x. By the third time through, I was really getting some consistent shots and my dispersion was much better. This is something I will be doing a lot more as it was fun and it broke up the monotone practice routine that sometimes can be boring.

Here's a few shots that I was working on.

ezezu4an.jpg

5a8ebe7e.jpg

a9egazes.jpg

u2aby8a9.jpg

This must be the post THP Event blues that I read so much about.
For the first time in the last 2 years I have no desire to hit the range and don't really feel like playing a round of golf either.

Say it ain't so! Never thought I'd hear those words out of your mouth.

I am the opposite, I think I want to practice and play just as much, if not more. But that probably has to do with the fact that (despite my best efforts) I didn't have my best stuff down there, and now I feel a need to redeem myself.

Say it ain't so! Never thought I'd hear those words out of your mouth.

I am the opposite, I think I want to practice and play just as much, if not more. But that probably has to do with the fact that (despite my best efforts) I didn't have my best stuff down there, and now I feel a need to redeem myself.

I know...I feel sick.

I was at the range the other night and it was just complete apathy. Bad shot, great shot, I didn't care. I need some medicine or something...gonna force myself to play 18 tomorrow and hopefully get the itch back again. Otherwise I might as well start a house reno.

Had a great time at the range today, even though it was pretty chilly with the wind coming of the bay. I think that my recent issues with the driver were simply due to letting the ball creep back in my stance. I used an alignment rod to make sure it was just inside my left heel, and it seemed really far forward to me, but the results were great. I got some of my Moe-jo back, and was hitting my driver really well. I hit a few bad ones, but most were down the middle. I hit quite a few that were about as straight and as far as I can possibly hit one. I hit the driver a lot today, and strangely my back feels fine. I think hitting drives out of the center is a lot less stressful on my back, vs mishits.

Ok hawk let's here about the short game wizardry today

Ok hawk let's here about the short game wizardry today

I just answered in the other thread lol. Sorry! It wasn't really anything too groundbreaking, but having some eyes on me was helpful. Just a little more 'lag' (which a terrible term for it in this case, but the best i can come up with). These would be the shots I'm hitting from the 70/80/90 yard range. Little mini Hawkdivots.

Last nights range session was, well...interesting. Worked on a couple things my instructor gave me at my first lesson on Sunday. Didn't really sink in until I started watching the video I was taking of my swings. Went back to work and started to make sense. I wasn't understanding him correctly I don't think in the beginning. But after watching what I was trying to do, cleared my head and started over.

Fast forward to tonight's range session. Watched some of the video from yesterday and realized I was taking things to an extreme and just needed to focus on the basics of his instruction.

Take away has become easier (more shallow and not so upright), and keeping my head behind the ball and not leaning into it. Those two things are becoming easier to do, but forget some of the basics when concentrating only on those. My lower body tends to lock and disaster strikes, but at least I know what happened I think. Didn't take any video tonight but (for the most part) it's moved from all whacked out, to understanding the changes he wants to make more.

Will see what happens tomorrow playing with KC and MHG. Will at least have two sets of eyes to help me and then have another lesson tomorrow night.

Can't wait to see this combo in action tomorrow! I think you've found your match!

Yep, you will see a mix of awesome drives with spectacular misses lol (hopefully mostly first option)

I just answered in the other thread lol. Sorry! It wasn't really anything too groundbreaking, but having some eyes on me was helpful. Just a little more 'lag' (which a terrible term for it in this case, but the best i can come up with). These would be the shots I'm hitting from the 70/80/90 yard range. Little mini Hawkdivots.

A little shaft lean (I like that more than lag) is good. Too much though and you will sit there wondering how your wedge went full yardage on such a short swing. That'll leave you really really mad.

Yep, you will see a mix of awesome drives with spectacular misses lol (hopefully mostly first option)

I'll take the initial and will have camera for validation.

Decent range session tonight as I continued to work on staying connected with the left arm at takeaway. I hit almost every ball with a glove under my left arm pit trying to ingrain that feeling. Also worked on alignment and what feels setup in line with my target is actually 10 yards right of it. This is so frustrating as what I think is a nice draw is actually starting at my unintended target and missing 10 yards left. This was evident when I aligned myself correctly to the flag. Back at it Thursday night.

Man, I really need to get some good range time in. Short game has been decent lately but way to inconsistent with my longer clubs. Time to get back to basics and get the full swing back in shape.

I'm not going to have a chance to do anything golf related this week at all, I'm living through all your work and efforts lol. I love this thread!

Went to the range yesterday. Hit 100 balls, played 18, then putted for 2 hours. On the range i was working on getting the toe up earlier in my swing to fix my shut clubface. Really tried to focus on one swingthought. I kept one swingthought for half the bucket then, reverted to tinkering. My goal next time is to stick with one swingthought the whole time.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back