Have you hit someone with a golf shot?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I did tonight for the first time ever. Holes 7 and 15 are by each other, and I was on 15 tee and hit a hook (double cross) and caught a guy in 7 fairway on the ankle. My partner said he went down but thought he was being funny but stayed down longer than would be funny.

When I saw it going over there I hollered Fore, seven! but he never heard me.

He walked it off and I bought him a drink from the bev cart and told him to let me know how he was in the clubhouse after he got done playing. When he came in I went right up to him and he said he was fine, no worries.

But I felt horrible. It could have been SO much worse.

Have you hit someone with a golf shot?

Unfortunately, yes.

And it was on video.

And I still feel awful.

No, thankfully. I would feel awful if I ever did.

Yes. It's an awful feeling.

I never have, but my brother has once. My brother, dad, and I were playing together one round. My dad drops him off at his ball 150 yards away from the green, and takes the cart up a pretty steep slope about 30 yards left of the hole, maybe 125 yards away from my brother. My brother snap hooks his approach, into the moving cart from 125 yards away, right into my dad's thigh as he's driving up the hill. There was a bit of a bruise, but nothing major. We still tease him about it.

Yes. I smoked a guy 100 yards away in the ribs with a line drive hook. He was drunk and laughed it off but was black and purple. Said he was fine and I never heard about it again.

No, but I did blade a wedge into a goose once, felt pretty bad about that. I can only imagine that I would feel horrible if I hit anyone.

Never hit a person, have hit their cart though, and a goose once.

nope, but having been hit once I think I would rather be hit (depending on where it was).

No people. Smoked a goose in flight though. Felt terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never but I've been on the receiving end 7 times.

Yup.
I knew a 2 some letting me join them on a par 3. They waved me up, but stayed on the freaking green by the flag. Of course i hit it perfect. I could see them looking up to what seemed like my ball, then i saw one dude drop. Drilled him. Left a golf ball bruise on his leg. They had the balls to ask why I didnt yell fore.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I have never hit anyone, but, I have been hit. It was not a pretty sight, with quite a bit of blood and instantaneous swelling. It was in the face, and of course, ended my day. On another occasion, my playing partner was hit in the nose by a ball struck by another player in our own foursome. It was also pretty gruesome. Golf balls do quite a bit of damage.

Not that I remember. I did hit a shot that failed to elevate over a buddy's bag, hit the end of his driver shaft sticking out of the bag flush and snapped it in two. Yes, I replaced the club.

I smoked some arrogant prick that I used to work with in the stomach. He was on another tee box and just standing there watching me tee off and I sliced it and hit him in the stomach. He dropped like a sack of potato's.

Toe'd a 3W once and pegged a guy in the shoulder, he was on the edge of the opposite fairway. Yelled fore as soon as I hit it, buddy was chocked and started yelling at us.

Hit my instructor this past winter in his indoor studio.Hit a ball so bad that it caught the side beam of the net.The ball flew back and hit him in the right leg.Surprisingly he shrugged it off, I felt so embarrassed.

I smoked some arrogant prick that I used to work with in the stomach. He was on another tee box and just standing there watching me tee off and I sliced it and hit him in the stomach. He dropped like a sack of potato's.
this made me LOL.

I've never hit anyone. Hit a few carts & killed a prairie dog (felt horrible but I'm sure a hawk had it for lunch). I did get hit in the thigh from a skulled approach shot, left a huge bruise for a few weeks.

Played a 3v3 match one Sunday morning and my brother walked off the green and was by his cart watching. I hooked one from 130 out and hit the shaft of his putter which he was holding while standing. The shaft of the putter happen to block the ball from hitting his "shaft".

Never have and hope I never do. I did hit a deer once. Was aiming down the right side of the fairway and put it just a bit further right then I wanted and didn't even notice the deer till the ball was in flight. Hit it in the hind quarter but it ran off like nothing happened.

Luckily and amazingly not. Would feel pretty bad, have been on the receiving end, and it doesn't feel nice.

I have hit ducks and geese. The water is a dangerous place when I'm around...

Luckily for rooftops on carts or I could have taken out Hawk and MikeDean441 in a single shot. That wedge was pulled way left. Definitely not intentional gents.

No, I almost pegged artm in the ankle a few months ago though. I've been hit a few times not hard with chips or what not.

Downhill sharp dogleg right. group in front of us was in view at the corner, player hit his shot and cart dissapeared around the corner into the woods.. I hit a nice drive down the middle which would carry past the corner and as i am watching.. see a cart return from around the corner as if looking for a ball.. the ball seemed to hang forever as i tried to compute their movement with the flight of the ball we yellled but they drove right under it...

I have not hit someone else, but did have a couple of close calls that made me cringe. I have been hit once, and that really makes me even more vigilant about my own shots, now.

Back