RocketSauce

ManBearPig
Reaction score
Hello everyone. If some of you remember from a previous post, I just bought a brand new set of Precept Tour Premium Forged CB's to replace my old set that I've had for several years. After running across an auction on Ebay for a brand new set, which doesnt happen very often since they arent made anymore, i had to buy them. So today i thought i should take a few photos of them before I use them while they're still clean :banana:
3215804879_eac536df37.jpg

3216656892_4d202c1535.jpg

3215806503_c84f6020cd.jpg

3216656344_6ab07f7ff0.jpg

also, this is one of my backup sets which are the Tour Edge Forged V-Blades shown with Precept Tour Premium wedges
3216670080_b0e56410a4.jpg

Wow those are sharp rocket. You sure know how to find good deals. How much did they run you?

Wow those are sharp rocket. You sure know how to find good deals. How much did they run you?

i got em for $207 which included shipping, lol. sure beats the original $850 price in 2001 :act-up:

Wow Rocket those look GREAT!

How would you describe the feel of them?

Wow Rocket those look GREAT!

How would you describe the feel of them?

i love them. they are one of the best iron sets ive ever used, which is why i had to buy another set of them when i saw them pop up recently. they feel very similar to the Mizuno MP67's. Very soft feel yet with some forgivness as well.

Dang, that's kinda disappointing because I never really liked the feel to Mizzy's. But I won't retract my statement on how they look, possibly the best looking irons I have ever seen.

i love them. they are one of the best iron sets ive ever used, which is why i had to buy another set of them when i saw them pop up recently. they feel very similar to the Mizuno MP67's. Very soft feel yet with some forgivness as well.

Yuck! I don't like Mizuno either. To each their own. Glad you like them though Rocket.

Dang, that's kinda disappointing because I never really liked the feel to Mizzy's. But I won't retract my statement on how they look, possibly the best looking irons I have ever seen.

i was never a Mizzy fan either until i hit the 67's. i love those. these are solid, soft, but a lil more forgiving than the Mizzys though. and yeah, they look good too :clapp:

Yuck! I don't like Mizuno either. To each their own. Glad you like them though Rocket.

dang it, i wish i didnt say that, lol, now you guys prolly think they suck, hehe

Good deal Rocket, I never seem to run across deals like that. I'm the guy who ends up over paying for stuff.

Hey, I can't say they suck unless I've tried them, but even if we think they do suck, it only matters if you like em :act-up:

honestly though, they dont suck, lol. they are my favorite irons of all time. i might even pick up a 3rd set too. they havent made em since 2003 i believe

Two words...Pur Deee!!!!!!!!!!

Two words...Pur Deee!!!!!!!!!!

thanks man. yes, i do love the looks of these too. they have a VERY thin top line, which i really like, a slight offset to them, and the heads are just a smidge longer than the regular non CB version.

yeah, i also think they are one of the best looking irons ive ever seen as well. the double chrome finish makes em really stand out. plus i like that fact that you dont see many of these around anymore. especially in new condition :act-up:

Rock-et-Sauuuce. Rock-et-Sauuuce.

Sorry, like that song too. Anyway, how do you like your square FT-i 9 deg? I have driver on the brain at the moment and there's a great price on those and Dymos at 3ball.

Rock-et-Sauuuce. Rock-et-Sauuuce.

Sorry, like that song too. Anyway, how do you like your square FT-i 9 deg? I have driver on the brain at the moment and there's a great price on those and Dymos at 3ball.

i totally love it. i fell in love with it over a year ago when i demo'd it at my parents club, and bought it on the spot. its ridiculous how forgiving and easy it is to hit. even the mis-hits go straight. mine is a neutral headed one, so i can still turn it over or cut it when i have to. even though people say its hard to do with a square driver, its really not. im not even considering upgrading to the FT-iQ yet cuz im hitting so many fairways with it (if it aint broke, dont fix it, heh). some people say the square headed drivers are ugly, but i dont think this one is at all. this head looks smaller than other square headed ddrivers if you ask me. i think it looks good. but the best thing about it is the performance. i love it :banana:

Square Headed Drivers

Square Headed Drivers

Hey Rocket, I don't know about the square headed drivers but every hybrid I have hit in the last year with a square head has been solid strikes that travel a good distance for me, but I tend to hit hybrid clubs a lot better anyway can't use my cobra driver to save my life, that is prob why I'm going with those Bazooka Jmax's as my new clubs.

Hey Rocket, I don't know about the square headed drivers but every hybrid I have hit in the last year with a square head has been solid strikes that travel a good distance for me, but I tend to hit hybrid clubs a lot better anyway can't use my cobra driver to save my life, that is prob why I'm going with those Bazooka Jmax's as my new clubs.

yeah, im sure you'll be able to hit those pretty easily. i think Top Flite makes a decent set of hybrid irons too if Im not mistaken

Back