Wii - Tiger Woods 09

Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
I ventured out in the ice, to the corner Blockbuster, and laid my dollars down for my first adult Wii game.

I'm playing Twerpy at Bay Hill, she's Morgan Pressel, and I'm John Daly. So far, it's a freakin blast! I should have bought this ages ago!:banana:

That's awesome GB, I was wondering if that game is any good. So far the only Wii golf I've done is on the game that's included with the system.

I've been debating whether or not to get that for the Wii. Are the controls pretty responsive to what you are trying to do?

Glad you're having fun with it! :clapp:

Cool! I've tried to talk The Kid into that, but all he wants is Madden '09. Where my only skill seems to be running around randomly and falling down now and again for no discernable reason. Once I got the opposing team to trip over me.

All of which suggests that Wii golf may be lots of fun, but is unlikely to improve your golf skills.

Driver and iron shots are pretty responsive, and you can work the ball, which is pretty cool.

Putting, is kind of weird. The speed of your backstroke, determines the speed and length of your putt, short uphill putts are really hard, because it feels like you're trying to hit a 30 footer. You can 'preview' your putt, which is cool, and select different clubs in the fairway and off the tee.

I haven't figured out how to hit a punch shot, so I hit a big draw or fade around trees when I land off the fairway.

Keep in mind, that this is my first 'real' gaming console. I had an old Nintendo, and an old Playstation, but I never played with them (they were way outdated when I got them), so I've never played video games in my life. I'm figuring it out as I go.

Gummi,

Pressing "1" on the remote will cycle through your different shots (full, punch, flop, pitch, etc).

I thought the putting was awful. To make a 4 foot putt, you have to swing the same as a 30 foot putt if you let the system setup your putter for you. I've had rounds that would have been in the 60's turn into 80's or worse all because I was 3 and 4 putting EVERY HOLE.

Glad to see your having fun with it! the whole Wii thing isn't completley for me. At a friends house sure ill play it for a tad bit, but never go out of my way to play it

C'mon Lange, you can admit that you like the Wii here.lol

I'll have to pick up TW for ours, if it is better than the game that comes with the system.

C'mon Lange, you can admit that you like the Wii here.lol

I'll have to pick up TW for ours, if it is better than the game that comes with the system.

honestly i get bored of it within a half an hour, it bugs me that i could be doing the real thing instead lol

I have it for my 360 but not the Wii, I may look in to it as the Golf Version of Wii sports has gotten boring.

I'm just wondering if I'm the only person who has never used a Wii.

The Wii is greatness.

I played 2 tournaments last night, earning a little over $11K for my coffers in the game. (including a hole in 1 at Scottsdale!)

I don't like Kelly Tilghman insulting me for missing putts though, that's kind of degrading.

The Wii is greatness.

I played 2 tournaments last night, earning a little over $11K for my coffers in the game. (including a hole in 1 at Scottsdale!)

I don't like Kelly Tilghman insulting me for missing putts though, that's kind of degrading.

Definitely going to have to pick up TW for the Wii

Back