You're biggest pet peeve

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Ok this morning one of the things that annoys me the most happened. First I'll start by saying I really shouldn't be bitching about this. My wife does most of the laundry (like a good woman should :wink: ). I've told her on many occasions that it really gets me when she just takes the clothes out of the dryer and throws them into a basket. So this morning I'm looking for a shirt to wear to work and where was it? In the bottom of a basket. :devil: I had to throw it back into the dryer to get the wrinkles out.

Ok I'm done whining. What are some of your pet peeves?

Last edited:
My wife does most of the laundry (like a good woman should :wink: ).

uh oh ... Julie and Claire are going to get you for that one (ladies, I think only men should do the laundry, btw)

I have way too many pet peeves to mention here. WAY too many!

uh oh ... Julie and Claire are going to get you for that one (ladies, I think only men should do the laundry, btw)

I have way too many pet peeves to mention here. WAY too many!

I hope they take it easy on me because I'm still trying to recover from the last 8 lashes I got. :beat-up:

• People who don't turn on their headlights when it's raining (hard to see grey and silver cars on the highway on an overcast day with rain coming down);
  • People who are going straight who just have to be in the right hand lane at a stop light so anyone wanting to turn right has to wait;
  • People who are grown men who can't take care of a simple cell phone problem or simple car problem (that's a work issue I have);
  • People who have friends over to their house but instead of parking in front of THEIR house they park across the street in front of MY house - - - sometimes up the curb and in my grass. (When there is no one parked in front of their house and the driveway is clear.)

For starters.

• Golf forum moderators that act like dictators
  • People who say "heighth". 'Width' and 'depth' end in "H", so they're going to add one to the end of 'height' also.

2 of thousands ...

• People who drive slow in the left lane
  • Shoes and toys in the floor (I nearly break my neck every morning making my way to the kitchen due to this)
  • Spelling and grammatical trainwrecks. We all make a boo-boo now and then, but there's never an excuse for putting an 'e' in ridiculous.
  • People that tell me I'm single-handedly responsible for the destruction of the planet when I drive a classic car.
  • "Holier Than Thou" people
  • Living in a house with only one bathroom

I gotta agree with Smallville on the headlight thing, that is law in many states, but unfortunately it can't seem to pass here in Texas.

Ok this morning one of the things that annoys me the most happened. First I'll start by saying I really shouldn't be bitching about this. My wife does most of the laundry (like a good woman should :wink: ). I've told her on many occasions that it really gets me when she just takes the clothes out of the dryer and throws them into a basket. So this morning I'm looking for a shirt to wear to work and where was it? In the bottom of a basket. :devil: I had to throw it back into the dryer to get the wrinkles out.

Ok I'm done whining. What are some of your pet peeves?

Oh man, this one's too easy...
1. Men who won't do chores but will complain (b*tch about) how they're done. (Mine's been trained.)
2. People using "you're" when they mean "your."

I'll think of some real ones too. :angel:

We all make a boo-boo now and then, but there's never an excuse for putting an 'e' in ridiculous.

My (older) brother once said, in full seriousness, "I put the O in genius."

His wife and I froze for a second, before: "um, there's no O in genius."

His face was hilarious. It's now one of our best running jokes.

[*]People who don't turn on their headlights when it's raining (hard to see grey and silver cars on the highway on an overcast day with rain coming down)

I once hit a guy in Minnesota (just a little, changing lanes) when we were driving in driving rain: it was pitch dark with the clouds (and it was dawn anyway) and he didn't have his lights on...we were just going to exchange info when his passenger called the cops on me. The cop wrote the driver a $250 ticket and I walked away free.

So don't worry, they get it in the end.

[*]People who are going straight who just have to be in the right hand lane at a stop light so anyone wanting to turn right has to wait

How about people who block the left lane in a traffic jam turning left, when they could have turned one intersection earlier, when there was a left turn lane?

1. Men who won't do chores but will complain (b*tch about) how they're done. (Mine's been trained.)

I'll think of some real ones too. :angel:

:talktohand: I've got two words for you Bite Me. :tongue:

In response 1) I do help with housework/chores. I do laundry, sweep, wash dishes all that stuff.
and 2) :embarrassed: I'm human and I can't spell. I thought you were supposed to misspell on forums. It's all part of the environment.

• People who don't turn on their headlights when it's raining (hard to see grey and silver cars on the highway on an overcast day with rain coming down);
  • People who are going straight who just have to be in the right hand lane at a stop light so anyone wanting to turn right has to wait;

• People who drive slow in the left lane

How about people who block the left lane in a traffic jam turning left, when they could have turned one intersection earlier, when there was a left turn lane?

So we're all in agreement here: people can't drive for sh--!

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

-George Carlin

People using "you're" when they mean "your."

As is usual, you got there first!

:talktohand: I've got two words for you Bite Me. :tongue:

Do I get to, as well? :tongue:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

-George Carlin

Julie, meet Eracer. Just not here.

As is usual, you got there first!

If it makes you feel better, the first thing I did after reading the original post was scanning for your response...I felt a lot of pressure when I realized I was skiing a fresh slope!

Is Eracer a Carlin fan? Too bad I just couldn't stay, and take it.

Last edited:

Is it OK to admit that I read this post shortly after it was made, but took until now to realize it's spelled that way in the thread title? I am so embarrassed.

Is it OK to admit that I read this post shortly after it was made, but took until now to realize it's spelled that way in the thread title? I am so embarrassed.

You know, dear, you don't have to ADMIT these things!

Well, if you can't laugh at yourself, you probably shouldn't make fun of others!

And I LOVE making fun of others!

Well, if you can't laugh at yourself, you probably shouldn't make fun of others!

And I LOVE making fun of others!

I'll have to remember that line. I didn't even realize I misspelled it either. I try to avoid making myself look like an idiot. It's hard sometimes though.

Too bad there's no way to edit a thread title...

Okay, this isn't really a pet peeve. It's my rant for the day.

I spent this morning at a gorgeous, famous golf course. Very old line. Perfect fall morning--the course looked great, the golfers were having a blast.

Where was I? In the solarium, listening to a bunch of morons make presentations about hot new developments in my field. All of which were totally bogus. But I was good. I didn't stand up and point out that their underlying assumptions were untenable. I didn't even ask how many of these great new transactions they had actually put anyone into (see--I'm still so pissed I'm letting that end with a preposition).

But when I got back to the office, I did rework one of the spreadsheets with realistic assumptions just to prove how idiotic the supposed benefits are. I'd love to send it to the guy who presented it, but there's no point in gratuitously pissing off someone. I'll wait for a better opporunity.

You're stronger willed then me... I can't help myself Claire. I'll blast someone who's completely off their rocker in a meeting. It's made me wildly unpopular with some in my industry, but also very well respected with others.

You're stronger willed then me... I can't help myself Claire. I'll blast someone who's completely off their rocker in a meeting. It's made me wildly unpopular with some in my industry, but also very well respected with others.

Thanks, but it's a small town. The idiot sits on the board of a charity with my husband, so no need to start trouble.

I still wish I'd played the course, instead!

Last edited:
My biggest pet peeves...Wow, there are lots. Lot of stupid people out there.

Really drunk people. You know when they are sloppy.
Whistling. I hate it.
People that dont pay attention at a light and notice the arrow is green.
People on cell phones in restaurants.
People that think jean shorts from 1986 are still cool

Wow, I could go on and on.

Back