R9 Supertri vs. 910 d2.....Can anyone compare the two?

msdamailman

Reaction score
Handicap
My bag is set after a lot of tinkering, buying, selling, etc... Right now all i need is a solid and reliable driver. I currently own the r9 460 and 910 d2 and playing both at 44.5". Curious about the supertri but have read alot about too much spin. Can anyone confirm? I definitely DO NOT want alot of side spin. I am an 18 handicap and have always had good luck with Taylormade drivers and love the adjustability of todays drivers. Does anyone prefer the Supertri over the 910 d2 or even the r9 460? Thanks!

I own the R9 460 and love it. Tried the SuperTri on a monitor and at a Demo Day. And users are correct at least for me saying more side spin. One thing I don't need is that. But maybe with a little adjusting you could fix that. Wasnt able to adjust much when I tried it out. Friend of mine is a club fitter and he was at the PGA Show in FL. He told me the R11 was the real deal!!! I'm waiting to see if it is for me if the snow would ever melt. maybe try them both out? Hope this helps

Last edited:
If you need spin the ST is a fantastic driver mated with the right shaft. I loved it because I can use a little more spin with my weak sauce swing. I know that no one likes to hear it but your best bet is to get on a launch monitor and get your numbers. But to answer the question I do prefer the 910 over the ST, but the ST was a fantastic driver

Very different drivers. I preferred the launch angle of the SuperTri to the 910 (and R11 for that matter). The extra spin gives me some added carry and I have not had any ballooning issues.

Back