TexAg08

Buckle #12 Whoop!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Well today was worse than I have played since last summer!!! everything went right no matter what I did. are there any drills I can take to the range to work on to prevent this.

Did they go straight right or did the ball drift to the right? If they are going straight right and your setup ect. was good you are late squaring up the club with your hands. If the ball is drifting right it could be a couple of things. If the setup ect. is good I would work on staying down and through the shot longer. Try to get the feel of keeping the club head as low as you can for as long as you can through the hitting zone and past the impact position. Also check your ball position. If the ball is getting too far forward the ball will tend to leak right.

Thanks Amollerud, Its going straight with a big huge Fade or High long slice if that makes since I am comfortable at address I'm thinking I am pullin out of the shot (standing up at contact) I should focus on bearing down and stay in the shot?

A great drill to get the feel of staying down and through the shot is simple. I want you to stick a tee in the ground about a foot ahead of the ball you are hitting. I want you to swing through the ball and keep your club as low to the ground as you can (past impact) and feel like you are swinging out to clip the tee in front of the ball. Let me know if that helps you stay down and through the shot.

Back