DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I recently dropped into my local shop and I couldn't believe how many tee's are made these days. I won't even go into the gimmic tee's like the castle and brush tee's but what makes you decide what tee to play?

I personally own a wide variety of tee's... of course being a superstitious person I like to play pink tee's, for reasons I actually can't explain

I have been playing wood tee's, epoch tee's, stinger tee's, and zero restriction tee's

now, many of them claim they'll give you added control and distance but I do not believe this is the case.

what kind of tee's are you playing and why? do you think these tee's are just a placebo or provide actual advantages

I've tried them too. I like plain old 2 3/4" wood tees. I just bought a huge bag of factory seconds, 500 for $15. I should be good for this month:>)

I play Tattoo Golf Black tees

What are those JB? Shoot me one!
Just a regular tee with a design?

I thought this was cool, I'll never play this... it'll be in my velvet Ballybunion sack along with all my other small treasures

sankatytee.jpg

I just play standard cheap wood tees. My only requirement is that my long tees and my short tees be two different colors (typically, white and natural) so I can tell them apart more quickly.

Colored tees are fun, but I won't pay up for them. The lighthouse tee is cool!

I just play standard cheap wood tees. My only requirement is that my long tees and my short tees be two different colors (typically, white and natural) so I can tell them apart more quickly.

Colored tees are fun, but I won't pay up for them. The lighthouse tee is cool!

For my driver, I play 2 3/4" hot pink tee's... its only tee I will consistently buy. I like them for a few reasons... you're a bad ass for playing pink tee's, you can find them easier when they pop out of the ground, and they leave a nice trail on the bottom of my club so I can analyze where and what angle my club is entering

Sankaty Head is a pretty nice private club, they love small things like that

do people here believe that you gain added yardage using the zero restriction/epoch style tee?

I use the Zero Friction tees. I don't necessarily believe they add distance, but I only use one tee every 2-3 rounds instead of 6 or more wooden tees per round.

You know those broken tees you find on every tee box? Yes, those are the ones I play. I'll pick up a broken wood one before any other (i.e., plastic) if it's possible. If all I can find is a wood tee in one piece, I'll break it. I'm not anal or anything.

that's what I usually do on par 3's... I never buy small tee's

that's what I usually do on par 3's... I never buy small tee's

Same here. There's usually more than enough broken tees laying around to tee it up for an iron or hybrid.

I've used the Brush-T's, I actually like them quite well. One tee can last me several rounds. I just wish that the long ones for the driver came in orange, instead of yellow.

Nowadays, I use mostly Zero Friction tees. I took the time to measure where my ball should be teed up, and marked every single tee in the bag with a sharpie, so I push it in the ground the right distance. They don't break. I've been using them all summer, and have yet to break one. I've given a few away, and lost a couple, but still not broken one.

I keep short, wooden tees in my bag. I've always been able to find them, get them off a rented cart, or get them in a goody bag, and not needed to purchase any for those par 3 holes. I'm running low, I may need to pick some up one of these days.

You know those broken tees you find on every tee box? Yes, those are the ones I play. I'll pick up a broken wood one before any other (i.e., plastic) if it's possible. If all I can find is a wood tee in one piece, I'll break it. I'm not anal or anything.

I can't resist--a chance to use it in context! :poop:

You know I love you, Smallville! :lashes:

Back