My Scramble Tournament

MontyV

Reaction score
Handicap
soaring
Course: Champions Club at The Retreat

The winning team shot a freakin 52! Is this an unreal score or what? Being my first tournament I know some of you said there would be some cheaters but this is crazy. The course is the toughest in our whole county if not two counties. Our team did end up shooting 63 and we could have gotten maybe 59 with a handful of missed putts. This just seemed like a crazy score but whatever. It was fun, I drank alot, ate alot, smoked alot and I'm barely recovering and the tournament was Friday.

It's kind of sickening, to be honest. Why would anyone cheat at a charity golf tournament?

We played in one where the foursome entered handicaps of 28-30-36-36 and finished 16-under GROSS. Their NET was insane. They got booed so badly at the awards ceremony that the organizer of the event called them on it, told them they were no longer welcome, and gave them their entry fees back.

It's kind of sickening, to be honest. Why would anyone cheat at a charity golf tournament?

We played in one where the foursome entered handicaps of 28-30-36-36 and finished 16-under GROSS. Their NET was insane. They got booed so badly at the awards ceremony that the organizer of the event called them on it, told them they were no longer welcome, and gave them their entry fees back.

thats AWESOME! i hate those types too. same thing happened in a tounrament i played a few years back with the exception of the winning team getting kicked out. they got bood badly and everyone knew they cheated. in fact, they were probably the worst golfers out there, but they ended up winning by cheating

All proceeds did go to a charity and local youth organization so the winners won a trophy and that was it. Also in the winning group was the Mayor of the city :D So not many boos.

52 isn't completely unrealistic. Very hard, yes, extremely. If they were four solid players it is possible. Were there mulligans? I have played 4 person scrambles before and shot 56 and got beat by a 54. We even left 2 or 3 shots on the course. If you have a hot putter or two and hit some irons close it would be very hard, but possible.

I have seen 54 numerous times. We even got a 55 once in our group. However I have never personally seen a 52. That would be an incredible round.

Glad to hear you had fun, that's what it's all about...

I believe the term for your situation was "pencil-whipped"

Were there mulligans?

yes there were. I guess I totally forgot about that. We paid $25 for two mulligans, grand prize raffle ticket, five small prize tickets and two alcoholic drinks. Some people did buy quite a few so I guess that would make sense of the score. The only way our team would have scored that low is if we bought two each and didn't drink but then that would be no fun.

Back