DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone, I am in the market for a timepiece and I was curious what people here are wearing and why. I have family in Dubai and Bahrain and I have an opportunity to take advantage of family business contacts in order to obtain a nice timepiece. I have been in the market for some time but given the current economic conditions US prices are out of my reach. A 2008 Rolex goes for about 2500 USD in Dubai compared to 7000 USD here.

I have been looking at the Rolex Submariner and a few Omega models. I have been told that Omega's have had issues in the recent past and repairs are costly.

I think this is a beautiful model...

0851.jpg

I have 3 watches that I wear all the time. I rotate them depending on the occasion.
I have a Rolex (pepsi model) blue and red bezel
I have a Tag Carerra. Black with brown face and black rubber strap
I have a Franck Mueller Crazy Hours.

I had a 50th Anniversary Submariner (green bezel, black face) on my hand when I graduated from college. It was ready to be wrapped up and for some reason I felt guilty receiving such a gift (college graduation present) because the watch was roughly 7000 dollars. Looking back I am an idiot and I should have justs swallowed my pride and took the watch!

JB, the Tag Carerra Automatic is a fabulous watch!

Here are 2 of my three that I wear. Sorry about the bad picture, just took it now.
P1000158.jpg

interesting choice with the rubber strap... kind of the like the tuxedo teeshirt, formal yet you like to party

My Tag is my choice when it is completely casual. That is why I went with it.

shopping for one can be incredibly stressful, it's been a few years that I have been wanting a watch. It seems as if your choices are either a 400 or 4000 dollar watch... serious jump in quality

I love watches, problem is, I can't afford the ones I really am attracted to.

I've had a Breitling Superocean 38 Watch (blue face, Ocean Classic bracelet) on my wishlist for years.
Picture%20932.jpg

I've also always wanted a Doxa 750T (just like Dirk Pitt wears)
M_584_DOXA_SUB750T_01.jpg

I have to buy waterproof watches, because I forget to take them off before sticking my hand in water or going swimming.

For a super nice dress watch, I'd love to have a 1930's Minerva:
Minerva140Front.jpg

I have a Rolex Daytona with the black face. I also have a Troy Lee Designs one which is my favorite because it was the first thing my girlfriend bought me when we started dating. Ill post a pic later. I think im going to get another in the summer time. I want the GMT II with the Pepsi Bezel like JB has. Another company Im keeping an eye on is Zenith, they are not as popular and just as much money as the Rolex, but they are sweet. They used to do a lot of work for rolex.
Check them out.
http://www.zenith-watches.com/scripts/getpage.asp?pageid=0_0&langid=0

I wear a Rolex Daytona with a white face and red numbering in white gold.
The best thing about the watch, you know it's on your wrist at all times. I love the weight.

I wear a Rolex Daytona with a white face and red numbering in white gold.
The best thing about the watch, you know it's on your wrist at all times. I love the weight.

Yep it seems to be perfect, not to big, but just right. I wish they would of offered the red numbers with stainless steel model.

Wow, I always buy the $30 - $50 Casios at Wal-Mart! For WHEN I wear a watch.
ban-cha.gif

ban-cha.gif

The G Shock is a solid watch made by Casio. Costco had them for a while, I picked up one but my old roommate stole it from me.

ban-cha.gif

My watches are for fun mostly. I have Wallace & Gromit on right now. My favorite is a set of four watch faces that are hinged together to fit around my wrist. Only one works, and I get more comments on that one than any "real" watches or jewelry.

Last edited:
I don't wear a watch ... or any jewelry for that matter.

I have no idea why, except my cell phone has the time and I always have that on me.

And I spend the day in front of a computer screen with a clock in the corner.

What's really weird is that I hate bracelets but won't be without my watch. Maybe because it stays in one place on my wrist.

Just another thing for you to think about. Specifically, Claire, because I like to mess with her mind, but really everyone:

Do you wear your watch on your wrist or on your forearm? Most people I see actually have a forearm watch, not a wrist watch!

Just another thing for you to think about. Specifically, Claire, because I like to mess with her mind, but really everyone:

Do you wear your watch on your wrist or on your forearm? Most people I see actually have a forearm watch, not a wrist watch!

Just behind that bump of a wrist bone. But the watchface is on the outside, not the inside, of my wrist/forearm.

Hey, I may make it to 900 posts today!

When I arrived home tonight I found a Callaway Golf Magazine in the mail... in the same package was a Rolex Magazine!

Could this be a sign of fate?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I don't wear a watch ... or any jewelry for that matter.

I have no idea why, except my cell phone has the time and I always have that on me.

I usually use my cell phone as a pocket watch! Very rarely do I wear a wrist watch.

There it is guys...

OYSTER PERPETUAL SUBMARINER IN STEEL WITH GREEN ROTATABLE BEZEL

rolex_submariner_50th-thumb.jpg

You bought it?

Gorgeous DD.

There it is guys...

OYSTER PERPETUAL SUBMARINER IN STEEL WITH GREEN ROTATABLE BEZEL]

Nice and congrats, I like the green bezel.

Back