Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
. . . is on right now (ABC) in case anyone cares.

Phil Mickelson, K.J. Choi, Rocco Mediate, and Stephen Ames.

We are watching until FSU vs UF comes on.

That course is immaculate. I've never seen greens that perfect in my life.

I guess that's what you get when you have TV money and no one else on the course before you.

You got that right. They must have been rolled for 7 days straight without any play. They are gorgeous.

I'm still looking for the "Rocco Mediate Mute" button on my remote.

I love Rocco. He talks a lot but he is fun. I wish we had more of that. Kind of a throw back if you ask me.

How about that shot Phil just made?

EDIT: errr, I mean Stephen Ames...

EDIT EDIT: err, I mean Rocco.

Dang, what a hole.

ya that was crazy. when kj knocked it to 6 feet after the other shots, the crowd didn't clap or anything haha. number 9 was halfed so the first hole tomorrow is worth $250,000

Did anyone else notice that Rocco has ditched the Sabertooth that he loved so much at the Open?

i didnt pay attention while i was watching it, but ur right he left the tooth

I found myself not caring enough to root for anyone. And why Mickelson would get so excited about winning a few appliances for his vacation beach house is beyond me. The guy is a gazillionaire. I guess they told him to act it out.

I dont think it matters how much money you have. Winning a suite of appliances from LG would still be cool.

I dont think it matters how much money you have. Winning a suite of appliances from LG would still be cool.

Cool, perhaps. Thrilling, not really. Financially speaking, it's like me winning ten packs of gum.

Phil knows where his bread is buttered. LG is the event sponsor, and Phil knows that a couple of kind words builds a lot of goodwill. And even if the money doesn't mean a lot to Phil personally, he knows that a significant portion of that money goes to charities. And that wouldn't be possible without the event sponsor. It's just the right thing to do, and I'm surprised more of the players don't act that way.

Say what you want about Phil Mickelson, but he knows how to be a good employee for the companies that sponsor him and the events he attends.

Phil knows where his bread is buttered. LG is the event sponsor, and Phil knows that a couple of kind words builds a lot of goodwill. And even if the money doesn't mean a lot to Phil personally, he knows that a significant portion of that money goes to charities. And that wouldn't be possible without the event sponsor. It's just the right thing to do, and I'm surprised more of the players don't act that way.

Say what you want about Phil Mickelson, but he knows how to be a good employee for the companies that sponsor him and the events he attends.

Don't get me wrong. I like Phil and I'm sure he was doing the right thing for the sponsor. I just thought it was a bit over the top.

Cool, perhaps. Thrilling, not really. Financially speaking, it's like me winning ten packs of gum.

Don't get me wrong. I like Phil and I'm sure he was doing the right thing for the sponsor. I just thought it was a bit over the top.

So--let's see what Gary does for ten packs of gum!

Back