The Hockey Thread

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
I just thought I'd make a thread for the hockey players here, concerning maybe what team you play for, how you are doing in the season, and even what level you play at.

After reading DD's post about hockey equipment maybe you can even discuss that in here too.

I play for 16 yr olds (Midget) A1. The leagues in our province are AAA, AA, A1, A2. With alot of people quitting it is actually quite easy to make the AA team (which I played on last year) I decided not to try out this year and just have some fun seeing as this is my second or last year of playing hockey. Our team is currently 4-2-2. We have 22 games in a season and then playoffs.

I also just spent my paycheck on a new $250 stick which already got me 3 goals in 2 games :blob:

Discuss!

I'm sure I won't get much of a response because most don't play organized hockey, but I just thought i'd give it a shot.

I also just spent my paycheck on a new $250 stick which already got me 3 goals in 2 games :blob:

What kind of stick?

What kind of stick?

A Warrior Macdaddy:

showpic.asp

One piece. Im assuming at that price its a composite. Ive been out of the hockey stick market for a long time.

Yep, its a composite and also a one peice. Warrior just came into the hockey business 2 years ago, originally a Lacrosse brand.

How often do they break?

Warrior? I hate Warrior sticks. They never preform good for me.

Actually last night I picked up a Sher-Wood RM5 stick. I'm just playing bottom level hockey as I want to get in one more season for fun before I'm off to Oregon next year.

How often do they break?

It all depends on how rough you are with it, how often you play it, and weather you keep good care of it. If you leave it in cold climates all the time besides the rink, it will break because as it freezes the material gets weaker. I really don't break sticks that often, I also have another composite that has lasted me 4 years, so this one will prob break next year.

Warrior? I hate Warrior sticks. They never preform good for me.

Actually last night I picked up a Sher-Wood RM5 stick. I'm just playing bottom level hockey as I want to get in one more season for fun before I'm off to Oregon next year.

I love them alot, I actually looked at the RM9, which Really didn't appeal to me, it felt almost like the warrior, but the curves are wayyy to big. And I already have an RM5 that I don't use.

last year at the Pure Hockey warehouse sale I got two RBK O sticks for 200 bucks... well worth it, but my days of competitive hockey are long gone

2401122925_b102c3b780.jpg

Montreal Shell... my favorite piece of gear

last year at the Pure Hockey warehouse sale I got two RBK O sticks for 200 bucks... well worth it, but my days of competitive hockey are long gone

I was looking to get the O instead but couldn't find any, my assistant coach has one and says its not very flexy.

I love the flexible sticks so they just bend when you wire that snap shot.

Back