The Keto Thread: Resources and Inspiration

Oh man I used to do keto and I had great results... then again I also went to the gym 5-6 days a week as well, but eating healthy was obviously a big component of that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ha, that's been my plan the past couple months. In 2019, I've been great about hitting the gym, but before I started keto, I did not see much in terms of weight loss--more just changing my mass. Adding Keto into the mix was a game changer. The older I get, the more diet seems to matter to my body makeup.

I may as well chime in also. After visiting my sister's at Christmas I added another 5 lbs. My wife was on the Keto diet so I thought I would give it a try. On January 12th I started at 235.1 lbs and today I'm at 203.4 lbs.

I did however deliberately suspend the diet in March when we back to my sister's for 2.5 weeks, during that time I went with her husband done to Myrtle Beach with the boys for a week of golf. During that time I did take it easy on the chips and snacks, but I consumed my pre-diet portions of beer. During that 2.5 weeks my weight did go up 3.5 lbs but it was worth it. :act-up:

I still to this day still enjoy a glass of beer after most rounds of golf, but for diet reasons my general drinking is geared more towards red wine. We all have to make our sacrifices for our health. :D

I may as well chime in also. After visiting my sister's at Christmas I added another 5 lbs. My wife was on the Keto diet so I thought I would give it a try. On January 12th I started at 235.1 lbs and today I'm at 203.4 lbs.

I did however deliberately suspend the diet in March when we back to my sister's for 2.5 weeks, during that time I went with her husband done to Myrtle Beach with the boys for a week of golf. During that time I did take it easy on the chips and snacks, but I consumed my pre-diet portions of beer. During that 2.5 weeks my weight did go up 3.5 lbs but it was worth it. :act-up:

I still to this day still enjoy a glass of beer after most rounds of golf, but for diet reasons my general drinking is geared more towards red wine. We all have to make our sacrifices for our health. :D

That’s amazing you only gained 3.5 lbs... did you walk or ride? I’m at a point now, nearly 90 lbs down (265 to 175) where if I eat anything that drives me over 20g net carbs (think like a tablespoon of caramelized onions) I’ll gain 3 to 4 lbs of retained water weight over night. It’s super sensitive which provides many challenging situations but it’s all been worth it.

It’s had a profound physical and mental improvement in my golf game. In the past I started breaking 80 towards ends of my season but now I’ve been seeing 75-78 since mid May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s amazing you only gained 3.5 lbs... did you walk or ride? I’m at a point now, nearly 90 lbs down (265 to 175) where if I eat anything that drives me over 20g net carbs (think like a tablespoon of caramelized onions) I’ll gain 3 to 4 lbs of retained water weight over night. It’s super sensitive which provides many challenging situations but it’s all been worth it.

It’s had a profound physical and mental improvement in my golf game. In the past I started breaking 80 towards ends of my season but now I’ve been seeing 75-78 since mid May.

The 2.5 weeks was split up...
4 days driving 9 hours each day
7 days golfing 13 rounds + 2 travel days
The remaining time was visiting friends, family and shopping.

My sister is a great cook. We stayed a here place and food was always plentiful, we also ate out a restaurants 3 about every third day between family outings and getting together with friends.

We always golf in the south Myrtle Beach area and the courses we play carts are mandatory.

It's interesting how different people react to foods while Keto. I always slice up a whole onion to grill along with one of our Keto mainstays which is boneless thigh meat done on the Blackstone Griddle. That doesn't bother me at all but throw in a Keto friendly red sauce and I will gain 2-3 lbs overnight.

Greetings from France... doing my best to avoid the temptations here. So far, so good. Day one I logged 30,000 steps (11.5 miles!).

It’s hard ordering food here without speaking French because of the side dishes and sauces that are hard to interpret.

Back