Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the support, is you sister's dog's epilepsy under control? does he still have seizures? how often?

I have to admit I am a bit scared, we've had him for over two years and this just started yesterday and I haven't slept more than an hour since...

She lives around 4 hours from here so I had to reach out to get that info. Will let ya know when I hear back.

She lives around 4 hours from here so I had to reach out to get that info. Will let ya know when I hear back.

Thanks, I really appreciate it

Thanks, I really appreciate it

Here ya go, her reply:

Oh no...that sucks:( tell him that she takes meds twice a day (phenobarbital and potassium bromide). Her seizures are so much better, but she definitely has them every now and then. She used to have them daily, but she doesn't even have one a week anymore. We do have to get her blood levels checked once a year, to make sure that the meds she takes aren't at a toxic level. Wish him luck:)

Jordy loves Miller Lite
nydu8apu.jpg

Good chance this spaniel becomes our 4th in the next few days:

Cookie, by the look of instant love on your wife's face there, I'd say it's more than a good chance.

Just catching up with this thread, Martin I feel terrible for you buddy. I hope your pup can relax before making to the vet. You and your 4 legged love one will be in my thoughts.

urypuqe6.jpg

I just love his eyes. I hope they stay this blue.

Cookie are you sure that Spaniel hasn't already made that decision for you?

Dude - good luck saying no to that face

Thanks lol I'll need it. He's been very well behaved so far so no need to be a stern mean daddy yet lol.

thanks for everyone's support for my four legged friend, he is doing much better today as he had a good night of sleep without any incident, that feels great after having a seizure every time he fell asleep the day before.

the meds we got from them seems to be working to reduce the epylepsia but Fernand seems a bit dazed and lacks his usual energy, we will see if he can adjust to them or if we need to reduce the doses.

ymumygy9.jpg

Jordy on the trails for the first time since we rescued him. He tried chasing a model airplane lol

5e8u3ejy.jpg

Jordy on the trails for the first time since we rescued him. He tried chasing a model airplane lol

5e8u3ejy.jpg

That is awesome dude! Jordy as in Jordy Nelson?

nice looking dog there Tim, he looks happy

thanks for everyone's support for my four legged friend, he is doing much better today as he had a good night of sleep without any incident, that feels great after having a seizure every time he fell asleep the day before.

the meds we got from them seems to be working to reduce the epylepsia but Fernand seems a bit dazed and lacks his usual energy, we will see if he can adjust to them or if we need to reduce the doses.

ymumygy9.jpg

Glad to hear man!! Hope things continue to improve and you guys get the meds dialed in

Hope the pillow is good enough for him . Found him 3 weeks ago in our horse barn abandoned by his mom . Name is " solo" , for being the last one . Feed him every 2 hours with syringe ... Just became potty trained .. And eating hard food. We found him a home too .. Poor fella .. He can look out the window and give his family the middle paw for leaving him

Here are our 3 boys. Unfortunately, around a month ago our black lab (Travis) passed away. Hasn't been easy but these 3 help to cheer us up!

Ollie:

Rufus:

Rocky:

Cookie - so sorry to hear about Travis, but those three look like a happy group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back