The Travel Thread

Good luck and enjoy that family time.

My only time in MN was spent on a lake near Brainerd. I was probably around 7 or 8 and the family took a trip up there with grandparents. I remember the lake vaguely, but distinctly remember the huge statue of Paul Bunyan and Babe.

Good luck and enjoy that family time.

My only time in MN was spent on a lake near Brainerd. I was probably around 7 or 8 and the family took a trip up there with grandparents. I remember the lake vaguely, but distinctly remember the huge statue of Paul Bunyan and Babe.

Thanks. The Brainerd Lakes area has amazing golf and water sports activities which is why we chose to build a retirement home there. A lot of people have homes on the thousands of lakes in the area and spend summers "Up North". The population of the area balloons from about 75,000 in the winter to 240,000 in the summer.

Heading up to Maine after work for a short getaway.

Vegas in a month. Tour of the Grand Canyon booked. Excited to go back and enjoy NV

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Nope, you can travel in as many times as you want. Best if you update the address and contact details , but not crucial. Get your Esta in advance ,but make sure you use the government site rather than get ripped off by a service site that charges more.

My brother in law and his family are coming to visit for Easter weekend. Only had a few days to spend time with them.

Annoyed that JetBlue cancelled their flight yesterday and moved it to today. Now it’s delayed. I know that’s sorta part of the whole travel deal with flights but it’s still crazy to me that people pay all this money to fly on your airline and they just cancel/postpone it without offering any substitutions to the passengers. Delta had a handful of flights left yesterday yet they’re stuck waiting till today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm writing this up as I overlook the harbor and celtic sea out the front window of our airbnb in Cobh, Ireland, sipping my morning tea. This is my family's first vacation out of the country. In fact we travel very, very seldom. We spent the first 4 days "over here" in Edinburgh and St. Andrews. I have found the people over here to be SO, SO MUCH more amenable than back home in Massachusetts. I'm not simply talking the tourist industry people but specifically the common man and woman. They are so patient and laid back. I could literally live longer here i think. We found Scotland to be relatively cheap as a tourist. Damn, beer is as cheap as water! (don't bother drinking liquor over here as their "pour" is absolutely short, not even a finger, and i have found that true on every purchase). Currently, the locals have been celebrating the weather. It has rained once in my 9 days here. Not an all day rain but 5 minute showers or pours followed by sunshine. Every day around 68 to 70 degrees. We have been in Ireland for only 5 days. If you are coming and wondering about driving yourself. We are Traveling about the country in our rental Peugeot suv. Driving is not a "no brainer" after 37 years of "on the right", but is is very manageable. In general, motorways or free of traffic, so well marked, so well maintained, people are polite, and respectful. We have traveled a lot of rural roads. In general the roads are narrow, without exception. I believe the rating system is like M(otorway), R, N, A, B. A R or a N is probanly 60 to 80 kmh speed limit and as a reference a little more narrow that our single lane roads without any break down lane or parking lane. About 2 3/4 cars wide in total. A and B roads, and we traversed many because i want to see the "off the beaten path" are narrow. Two cars wide with every effort not to go off the side or hit the other guy. My passengers have finally relaxed a little but to say they "chit their pants" many a time is not far from exaggeration. B roads, well those are one car width with the smallest of pull overs on the road were you and the fellow driver can finagle just enough to squeez by each other. Practice being a great driver in reverse because you are going to have to back up to find one of those spots when you and "he" meet on the road! I find both countries to be similar to the rural Amish Country. Nothing but grass fields of rolling country and cows, sheep, and goats. ....to be continued

Single track roads are always a fun time. :)

Trying to plan something for next winter/spring. However planning with an infant is 100x more difficult than preinfant travel haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got upgraded for both legs to Clevetopia tomorrow.

Leaving Friday for a 12 day Vacation/Cruise that will take me to Rome, Florence, Cannes, Palma Majorca, Barcelona and Naples.

Just got upgraded for both legs to Clevetopia tomorrow.

Flying in on Delta? They kindly upgraded me too. Chances also look good for an upgrade on Sunday.

Flying in on Delta? They kindly upgraded me too. Chances also look good for an upgrade on Sunday.

No. No Delta for me.

Back