The Official 2019 MLB Thread

I think the White Sox might win the ALC. Twins and Cleveland fighting out for second place (or wild card)

Can't wait to wake up at 2:30 a.m to watch some Athletics baseball in Japan on Wednesday

Reports are saying Gio Gonzalez to the Yankees on a minor league deal with a $3 million incentive if he makes the mlb roster.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mike Trout gets a 12yr, $430M extension........thats just under $99,000 a day hahaha wtf

Mike Trout gets a 12yr, $430M extension........thats just under $99,000 a day hahaha wtf

BOO!!! Was hoping he would come back to Philly in a couple years, but who would pass up California life and 430 million now vs waiting two years? Nobody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOO!!! Was hoping he would come back to Philly in a couple years, but who would pass up California life and 430 million now vs waiting two years? Nobody.

I mean with taxes it's way less right? haha

Mets AAA is in Syracuse this season. That’s in between Albany and Ohio amirite Dean? Just sayin.

I didn't realize they took over the sky chiefs. Hmmm, MiLB, Golf, and Coleman's for some amazing Irish Food. Yeah, I can get down with that.

Still not enough yes worth $500

Still not enough yes worth $500

Should we trade Lindor now? Serious question. Theres no way we resign him and we can get max return now

Should we trade Lindor now? Serious question. Theres no way we resign him and we can get max return now
Might as well (or after this season) he's a Yankee in a few years

Not now but at the deadline for sure if you aren't contending... then in the offseason I would say most definitely yes.

Where is Verlander now talking about how owners don't want to spend money? Since that statement, they have spent over a billion bucks between Harper, Machado, Arenado, Hicks, Severino, and now Trout.

Wow! Just read about the Trout deal. Red Sox will probably be looking at something similar to lock up Mookie.

Where is Verlander now talking about how owners don't want to spend money? Since that statement, they have spent over a billion bucks between Harper, Machado, Arenado, Hicks, Severino, and now Trout.
There's going to be labor war come 2021, and that's not good for baseball. I've seen the words lockout a ton recently. Maybe this will help, but I'm not the people affected by it.

There's going to be labor war come 2021, and that's not good for baseball. I've seen the words lockout a ton recently. Maybe this will help, but I'm not the people affected by it.
IMO, the players are being really stupid about this.

Marlins made some solid moves this offseason. They got the brothers from Cuba and brought in some decent depth. Realmuto leaving wasn't the greatest but supposedly the young guy replacing him has an amazing bat.

IMO, the players are being really stupid about this.
They can't have their cake and eat it too, ultimately. I think the teams/front offices are reacting to the new rules in place and the players aren't liking what they've created.

Ouch, Michael Fulmer seeking his 3rd opinion, hoping to avoid missing the 2019 season with Tommy John surgery.

Ouch, Michael Fulmer seeking his 3rd opinion, hoping to avoid missing the 2019 season with Tommy John surgery.
Should have traded him when the value was high. Such a shame with such talent.

Should have traded him when the value was high. Such a shame with such talent.

I don’t really mind it, his numbers have declined since his ROY year, and this may give us an earlier look at Funkhouser, Manning, Mize, perez, Burroughs,faedo, or turnbull.

The Tigers have a lot of young top of the rotation type pitching prospects.
Although they may not choose to start their service clocks just yet.

I don’t really mind it, his numbers have declined since his ROY year, and this may give us an earlier look at Funkhouser, Manning, Mize, perez, Burroughs,faedo, or turnbull.

The Tigers have a lot of young top of the rotation type pitching prospects.
Although they may not choose to start their service clocks just yet.

Pitching, fantastic. We need to develop positional players who actually perform and we want to hold onto. Who is the last we did this with?

Pitching, fantastic. We need to develop positional players who actually perform and we want to hold onto. Who is the last we did this with?

Castellanos has had a nice run with the team, and turned into a decent player.

Parades, Cameron, Stewart, Castro, and Parker Meadows (who is a few years away), and Catcher Jake Rogers should be a nice player.

I think we are on a good track to see improvement soon (maybe next season), or at least have exciting young kids to watch.

Castellanos has had a nice run with the team, and turned into a decent player.

Parades, Cameron, Stewart, Castro, and Parker Meadows (who is a few years away), and Catcher Jake Rogers should be a nice player.

I think we are on a good track to see improvement soon (maybe next season), or at least have exciting young kids to watch.

Castellanos got a 1 year deal. Next.

We just don't develop meaningful talent and haven't in years. I hope that's changing in the current climate of MLB, but it's still years away from proving itself.

Back