PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

I just got the Valor and this thing is lightyears ahead of the Slotline mallet I have. I actually enjoy putting now, lol. Granted, I'm new (again) to the game, but I have never had a putter this good. I did try it up against a TaylorMade Spider, and I just stroked the Ping so much better.

PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

My lovefest with the Kushin C continues. I rolled it pretty well this weekend with a couple THPers, better today than yesterday. Distance control is great with the insert, and with the center shaft, the feedback from mishits off the heel or toe are immediately noticeable so a prompt correction for the next putt can be made. I thought for sure @mward was going to take it from me at the end of the round today.

I recently got the Sigma 2 Tyne. So far, I really enjoy it and it has given me increased confidence on short putts.

My lovefest with the Kushin C continues. I rolled it pretty well this weekend with a couple THPers, better today than yesterday. Distance control is great with the insert, and with the center shaft, the feedback from mishits off the heel or toe are immediately noticeable so a prompt correction for the next putt can be made. I thought for sure @mward was going to take it from me at the end of the round today.

It was a tale of two nines for you with that putter. Made a couple bombs, missed a couple short putts. Worked for you though!

It was a tale of two nines for you with that putter. Made a couple bombs, missed a couple short putts. Worked for you though!

The misses were definitely operator error.

Before I put the putter behind the ball, I make a stroke above the ball to compare sight line and line in the ball. I rolled a Fetch and really like the opening as I hover over the ball. Then when I confirmed alignment, it's putted really well. It could end up in the bag soon lol

Can anyone tell me what grip the PP60 is similar to? It might be in the thread somewhere, but I'm having no luck searching.

I tried to compare in the store a few days ago, and to me it's closest to the Superstroke pistol 1.0. Not exactly the same, but closest. I like the PING better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the Kushin-C for a while now and it continues to be the best club in my bag with another great day putting today. It probably sounds like a love fest for a putter that was given to me to test at no cost, but the truth is that if I lost or broke this thing tomorrow, I would go out and buy another one without question. The insert material and design does exactly what it claims: helps keep off-center strikes roll the intended distance and not give up momentum. While it has been a while since I adjusted the length, it was super helpful when I first got it to be able to dial in the length for an extended period of time and not have to try to "fit" my posture to an ill-fitting club. I know that some have had issues with the insert showing signs of wear, but mine had held up great and I would consider the overall club condition to be a 9/10.

For about 4 months, I have been playing my putter at 33 and 3/4 inches. Before my last round, I was putting on the practice green at the course and noticed that I was pulling most of my putts left which is not a very common miss for me. After taking a moment to check my stance, I felt that I should be a bit more over the ball so I adjusted my putter down a 1/4 of an inch (the next shaft mark) to about 33 and 1/2 inches. Went back tot he green and was much more accurate with my putting and went on to a good, but not great putting round.

If you would have asked me even a few weeks ago, I would have said that I was't doing to adjust my putter length any further. But I felt like I needed a small change that day and it was great that this putter had that option, which took all of 30 seconds. Also, after using this putter exclusively for over 40 rounds so far, the grip and adjustable shaft feel just as sturdy as the day I received it, and it has even be regripped once. Durability of the adjustable mechanism was a concern for me when I first started reading about the adjustable length feature. Now I can say that it should not have given me the slightest concern. No sloppiness at all on the shaft.

It was time for a grip change on my Tyne

So I added a black shaft wrap too.

468D0F811-7754-435D-844F-E573E4EA550C.jpegEDDADB2B-DE33-4EDB-A9F7-963EC3C0F453.jpeg6CC2DA91-ACDA-4E56-9B0C-19D3A934692C.jpegD646702F-34C2-4392-AE06-A7449A554ACE.jpegA58ACE5E-2591-468D-BB8A-7A277CBB7C06.jpeg

Well, the Kushin-C made it back in my bag for the last round I played after back to back 40+ putt rounds with the new putter. There was an immediate improvement of distance control and much better putt alignment in general. I still had a few operator error moments, but I also left a bunch of putts close enough to get off the hole in two, including a birdie and an eagle. The insert is so good, helping a novice putter like me with my distance control on toe-biased strikes.

Just picked up a Valor. The feel off the face is amazing. It's going to give my gamer a huge run for a spot in the bag.

My scotty is getting some work done so I was looking for a backup putter. The local course had a sigma 2 fetch at a steal of a deal so I picked it up.

Set it to my 33.75 inch length and I absolutely love it. It won't knock off the Scotty but I am digging it. The feel is really good and the ball really rolls well off the insert. I was worried after some reviews it would be too soft but I think it's fantastic with my hard golf balls. The fetch part is pretty swell too.

Is every Sigma 2 adjustable?
I worked with one at the PGATSS and the only had 35”. The guy said I needed a 34”. Could he not have known that they are all adjustable? DSG sells in different lengths so I can’t tell what is what.

Is every Sigma 2 adjustable?
I worked with one at the PGATSS and the only had 35”. The guy said I needed a 34”. Could he not have known that they are all adjustable? DSG sells in different lengths so I can’t tell what is what.
I am 99% sure they all are, unless altered aftermarket. The only ones I have seen that are not adjustable are those with replaced aftermarket grips.

I picked one up to roll some putts yesterday at PGATSS. Actually owned one about 4 years ago but found the shaft moved a little bit so we sold it. The one yesterday did not have that noise/movement and appeared to be stationary.

I am 99% sure they all are, unless altered aftermarket. The only ones I have seen that are not adjustable are those with replaced aftermarket grips.
Thanks! Is the wrench like a normal driver wrench or you have to have that wrench?

Thanks! Is the wrench like a normal driver wrench or you have to have that wrench?
I just tried my Cobra driver wrench on mine and it works no problem.

Back