Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

Prior to it did you normally have a putter with toe hang or no? Just curious if anything else changed other than going to an awesome putter!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Man I am kicking myself for not giving the Double Wide a go at ECPC. The sad part there is no reason I didn't, I just completely spaced out when I saw my numbers on the magic analyzer machine.

Prior to it did you normally have a putter with toe hang or no? Just curious if anything else changed other than going to an awesome putter!

Yes. I use this one.

22db36c4f1e2917fdd6612245e70709f.jpg

Man I am kicking myself for not giving the Double Wide a go at ECPC. The sad part there is no reason I didn't, I just completely spaced out when I saw my numbers on the magic analyzer machine.

I can’t decide on this one or a Marxman EXO Stroke Lab.

I absolutely love my Double Wide. I actually don’t want to try anything else at the moment.

If I was comfortable with a full size mallet the Marxman is tough to beat. I tend to gravitate to blades though and that extra junk in the trunk of the DoubleWide could come in handy.

Still loving my lag putting but I don't feel confident on shorter putts. I was much better inside 10 feet with a blade...

This insert and the feel of the putter are just confidence inspiring. I played a round on some ridiculously fast greens recently and it left me more trepidation than I realized. Yep. I've been leaving a lot of putts short lately. I needed some practice. I got out with the Vegas, Tuttle, and the Double Wide and determined to utilize my "short takeaway and follow through to hole" method regardless of putter. The Double Wide and Tuttle had a strong pace showing which is where I'd been struggling. The Vegas was hotter off the face and I needed to dial pace back a bit. Not sure how to explain it, but it seems I can always come back to this insert and shaft combo and find my way.

Yes. I use this one.

The Marxman EXO Stroke Lab has unseated my Marxman Stroke Lab. I like the color scheme better, and, just seem to putt a little better with the EXO. Both good putters for sure.

This insert and the feel of the putter are just confidence inspiring. I played a round on some ridiculously fast greens recently and it left me more trepidation than I realized. Yep. I've been leaving a lot of putts short lately. I needed some practice. I got out with the Vegas, Tuttle, and the Double Wide and determined to utilize my "short takeaway and follow through to hole" method regardless of putter. The Double Wide and Tuttle had a strong pace showing which is where I'd been struggling. The Vegas was hotter off the face and I needed to dial pace back a bit. Not sure how to explain it, but it seems I can always come back to this insert and shaft combo and find my way.

I spent a lot of time last week putting my Toulon and Stroke Lab to the test and the difference in roll was pretty amazing. The Stroke Lab doesn't put quite as good of a roll on the ball and the ball will die a little quicker but it's extremely consistent and predictable.

The Toulon on the other hand puts an impressive roll on the ball but I can't get it dialed in for distance, the ball just seems to keep rolling but I'll also leave putts short. It doesn't seem nearly as consistent to me.

With the Stroke Lab you just know what to expect from it.

The One was pretty impressive today and as usually shined on lag putts. I think I've come to the conclusion though that I'm just more comfortable with a flow neck than a plumbers neck like the One has. That just reinforced that the DoubleWide with a flow neck may need to happen soon.

The Marxman EXO Stroke Lab has unseated my Marxman Stroke Lab. I like the color scheme better, and, just seem to putt a little better with the EXO. Both good putters for sure.

This is the direction I am leaning.

If they made a green exo instead of red, I would not be able to control myself. and I don't like mallets.

The One was pretty impressive today and as usually shined on lag putts. I think I've come to the conclusion though that I'm just more comfortable with a flow neck than a plumbers neck like the One has. That just reinforced that the DoubleWide with a flow neck may need to happen soon.
DoubleWide with flowneck is just insane!

Saturday was the first day I noticed a major improvement in my putting. Left hand low and rolling the Stroke Lab Double wise bent to 67*. Doesn’t feel like I’m fighting myself anymore. Great sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double Wide, Double Wide ,Double Wide ,Double Wide , Need I say more LOL not coming out of the bag anytime soon.

I gave up on my SL V-line after just a few weeks. No feedback and I couldn't get distance dialed in on longer putts especially. Big loss of feedback coming from a Scotty. Traded it in for a Ping Sigma 2 Fetch yesterday that feels better than the SL on the practice green at least.

I'm still wondering about changing out the smaller grip for a larger one, it's just so much smaller than what I'm used to, having used SS for so long, anyone know a good place to get the larger stock odyssey grip? Or something similar, want to keep the weight as close to prescribed as possible.

I don't know the costs, but my recommendation would be to allow Callaway to do the regripping. They will make sure the weight is correct.

I'm still wondering about changing out the smaller grip for a larger one, it's just so much smaller than what I'm used to, having used SS for so long, anyone know a good place to get the larger stock odyssey grip? Or something similar, want to keep the weight as close to prescribed as possible.

I don't know the costs, but my recommendation would be to allow Callaway to do the regripping. They will make sure the weight is correct.

I used to say this route was the best as well but now after two calls with CS rep and their apparent disregard for the weight difference, I would say just do it locally and save the cash. Sucks that the marketing behind the product says to call in and send it to them for the regrip but the CS reps say otherwise.

Double Wide, Double Wide ,Double Wide ,Double Wide , Need I say more LOL not coming out of the bag anytime soon.

I experimented today and pulled the Double Wide out in favor of the Toulon Portland. Didn't make a putt and had two three putts. The Double Wide goes back in tomorrow!

I experimented today and pulled the Double Wide out in favor of the Toulon Portland. Didn't make a putt and had two three putts. The Double Wide goes back in tomorrow!
Is the Portland gonna be moved on to a new owner?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Is the Portland gonna be moved on to a new owner?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No. It goes in my back up bag. Besides, it is a "gift" from #TheGrandaddy so it holds a certain place in my heart! :)

No. It goes in my back up bag. Besides, it is a "gift" from #TheGrandaddy so it holds a certain place in my heart! :)

Understandable.

Back