First Look: TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe Wedges

I like both and while I disagree on the versatility between the Hi-Toe and the orginal PM Grind, I would definitely want to try the newer one (hits stores Friday I believe) to make the finite decision. Quite a few changes went into it and we have a pretty cool Quick Six interview coming up next week on them.

Oh I know there are changes, but I still don’t care for the looks comparatively. For me, in wedges I know everything is going to spin so looks get a LOT of weight, followed by feel.

Plus, the ATV grind was excellent for me.

I keep revisiting these wedges and a strong ponder on adding them to the bag.

I like both and while I disagree on the versatility between the Hi-Toe and the orginal PM Grind, I would definitely want to try the newer one (hits stores Friday I believe) to make the finite decision. Quite a few changes went into it and we have a pretty cool Quick Six interview coming up next week on them.

did you ever do a comparison to decide which you like better? i still have no idea what differentiates these two because they just look so similar to me. grind? face milling/groove design?

Get out of my head.

I shouldn't because I'm still really enjoying the heck out of my new level wedges, but these are just kind of stuck in my mind.

I keep revisiting these wedges and a strong ponder on adding them to the bag.

Crazy versatile. I love my RTX4's, but I do miss my Hi-Toe's at times.

So I just discovered I have a boat-load of redeemable TM points, which would knock $70 off my order. Seems like a perfect time to try out the a Hi-Toe LW.

JMB3;n8880888 said:
So I just discovered I have a boat-load of redeemable TM points, which would knock $70 off my order. Seems like a perfect time to try out the a Hi-Toe LW.

60.10 on the way!

After playing around with the Big Foot in 60* with my new gapping I'm going to play one of these in 58* and see what I think, the look at address and the finish are awesome!

I have a couple of the high toe 2 raw wedges. I have not been that impressed with the performance yet.. Dunno why..

I have a couple of the high toe 2 raw wedges. I have not been that impressed with the performance yet.. Dunno why..
What about them is not working?

What about them is not working?

Just not spinning like I think they should. But it could be scruffy greens. I don't know. I just expected more spin than I am seeing.

Just not spinning like I think they should. But it could be scruffy greens. I don't know. I just expected more spin than I am seeing.
That is interesting, because I noted that it didn’t seem to spin real well for me when I picked on up a year or so ago. I still have it and had thought about trying it again for use on those courses where I would have to lose a wedge to add a 5 wood.

That is interesting, because I noted that it didn’t seem to spin real well for me when I picked on up a year or so ago. I still have it and had thought about trying it again for use on those courses where I would have to lose a wedge to add a 5 wood.

I may try them again. But they are sidelined at the moment.

Back