Mizuno JPX919 Irons

$375. The set of JPX 919 Tours was priced to me at over $1200. Sorry, that’s a 1/3 not a 1/4.

$375. The set of JPX 919 Tours was priced to me at over $1200. Sorry, that’s a 1/3 not a 1/4.

I try not to pay retail if I can help it -- $929 for 7 irons customed by Mizuno is about as low as I can find without knowing someone... and they throw in a MCC+4 real deal grip. Suchadeal...

I try not to pay retail if I can help it -- $929 for 7 irons customed by Mizuno is about as low as I can find without knowing someone... and they throw in a MCC+4 real deal grip. Suchadeal...

That is a good price, where did you order from?

That is a good price, where did you order from?

discountdansgolf.com - if you order 7 irons, they take $50 off a pretty low price for the set.

Finally got my ferrule in for my G wedge to pair with the awesome DG120 so going to try and get that plugged in this weekend and then off to the shop to bend to 2* up in the event that we get a 50* day here. Not likely, but I'll be ready just in case!

Finally got my ferrule in for my G wedge to pair with the awesome DG120 so going to try and get that plugged in this weekend and then off to the shop to bend to 2* up in the event that we get a 50* day here. Not likely, but I'll be ready just in case!

44 and sun at the end of next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morton’s golf gave me 10% off my 8 club set - not bad.

Did it come out better than the 15% off at Budget? I know it works on these irons.

Did it come out better than the 15% off at Budget? I know it works on these irons.

Well I feel like a prize a$$ - I didn’t go thru budget because I couldn’t plug in recoils on the site. Clayton told me the other day you can call and customize and still use the code. * good to know going forward.

Played the 919 forged irons today. These are the irons I have been looking for for 2 years. They are surprisingly forgiving. They are long. The ball flight is perfect, high but strong. They feel wonderful when struck pure and give a little more feedback than the players’ distance irons, in my opinion. I pulled one of these irons on 11 holes and hit the green 9 times. It is interesting to me that they are as long as they are when the lofts are not quite as strong as so many of the players’ distance irons.

The one thing I am not sure about yet is how well they hold greens. The greens are now freezing in my neck of the woods and they are very firm. Nothing really holds well, not even little nipped wedges. I am planning on these being my irons for 2019, but will be hoping that they spin enough to give me consistent predicability coming into greens. Right now, though, I am a huge fan.

Reposted below with quote

I prefer to think of it as doing my part to support the golf industry. Constantly.

Thanks for the laugh. I'm also a consistent supporter of the golf industry. In all seriousness though, there are so many great products out there now with very few gimmicks anymore.

Just for comparison, here are photos of two 5 irons, Srixon Z585 and Mizuno JPX919 forged. They are virtually the same size, toe to heel. They have very similar offset. There is a little of the Srixon cavity visible behind the top edge at address.

Attachments

• E016B003-DD2A-4375-A88E-F98C0C486C24.jpeg
    E016B003-DD2A-4375-A88E-F98C0C486C24.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 3FF8FE6A-B089-416A-97AA-72A3855438B6.jpeg
    3FF8FE6A-B089-416A-97AA-72A3855438B6.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1EDE248D-9BCB-47F2-9115-FBBAB1DBD02E.jpeg
    1EDE248D-9BCB-47F2-9115-FBBAB1DBD02E.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 2
Just for comparison, here are photos of two 5 irons, Srixon Z585 and Mizuno JPX919 forged. They are virtually the same size, toe to heel. They have very similar offset. There is a little of the Srixon cavity visible behind the top edge at address.

Those are so close, both great looking irons.

How do the 919F compare to the z585s? Thank you

How do the 919F compare to the z585s? Thank you

I am not sure what you are asking. Those photos are comparisons. Do you mean playability?

Will put in this thread since pricing is discussed. Great deal on 919F on a flash sales - 2 sets available.

Got this a few minutes ago - if standard specs fit and you want a shop worn set of 919F - discountdansgolf.com (no tax, shipping included) EDIT - you can find standard specs at mizunousa.com, look for golf and pick 919F

RH MIZUNO JPX 919 FORGED 4-PW+GW DG 105 S300 STEEL STIFF FLEX...$797

RH MIZUNO JPX 919 FORGED 4-PW+GW DG 105 R300 STEEL REGULAR FLEX...$797

Last edited:
Will put in this thread since pricing is discussed. Great deal on 919F on a flash sales - 2 sets available.

Got this a few minutes ago - if standard specs fit and you want a shop worn set of 919F - discountdansgolf.com

Wow that is a great price !

Got this a few minutes ago - if standard specs fit and you want a shop worn set of 919F - discountdansgolf.com (no tax, shipping included)

If I hadn’t gotten the 1031s would have absolutely jumped on the R flex set.

Got this a few minutes ago - if standard specs fit and you want a shop worn set of 919F - discountdansgolf.com (no tax, shipping included) EDIT - you can find standard specs at mizunousa.com, look for golf and pick 919F

That is a phenomenal price. I had credit where I bought mine, so had no choice, but mine were over a thousand bucks.

I am not sure what you are asking. Those photos are comparisons. Do you mean playability?

Hello - yes how did they compare in forgiveness, distance and feel.
Thanking you in advance!

Back