Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Very surprise it feels softer than P790.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P790 isn’t soft at all... I was actually surprised it was forged to begin with.

P790 isn’t soft at all... I was actually surprised it was forged to begin with.

Correct. Not soft as solid forged but I thought it was decent. Not harsh tho.
I just surprise HM feels softer.
Maybe it’s time to retire the MP62. lol

My current set up is 6-PW 919 tour and 5 iron 919 forged all with modus 105s shafts. I haven't hit the hot metal pros, but lots of good reviews. After watching the video with Dan at Mizuno I am thinking about getting he 4 iron in hot metal pro instead of the forged 4 iron. I don't know if will be weird for distance gaps and combo to many different types of clubs for a combo set. I do love the current set up tho!

Golftown had a deal on Srixon balls so I picked up two dozen yellow Z Stars. I am hoping these will spin more because I am not liking the roll out on my iron shots while playing the Bridgestone RX balls. Hopefully this helps.

Here's the impact that the Hot Metals have had on my game. A friend and I have teamed up in our course's monthly 2-man scramble for several years now. Other than the fact that he's a great guy and doesn't want to hurt my feelings, the main reason he's teamed up with me is that I have a fair-to-middling short game. It most definitely has not been because of my iron play.

Yesterday, we had 18 iron shots. In the past, we likely would have used 2-3 of my shots, and the remainder would have been his because they either were better than mine, or mine would have been completely unusable. In yesterday's round, we could have used all 18 of my shots (that, in and of itself, is a vast improvement). We actually ended up using 14 of my iron shots! In 12 of those instances, he hit good shots; mine were just better for us.

You could argue that I'm swinging better. I'm sure that's part of the change. But, if nothing else, these Mizunos have vastly improved my confidence. I now truly believe I can hit a 6-iron again, because I've seen the proof. I now believe I can hit the occasional intentional fade or draw, because I've done it with these irons. I now believe I can thread a tight shot through tight openings because I've done it multiple times. I'm hitting my old distances, plus some. What's not to love about these Hot Metals?!

I said this in the JPX 919 video thread with @Canadan but anyone who is looking at a new set of irons and doesn't try the JPX lineup is cheating themselves. They may not be the best for everyone, but they are so good there is no reason to not consider them at all.

Here's the impact that the Hot Metals have had on my game. A friend and I have teamed up in our course's monthly 2-man scramble for several years now. Other than the fact that he's a great guy and doesn't want to hurt my feelings, the main reason he's teamed up with me is that I have a fair-to-middling short game. It most definitely has not been because of my iron play.

Yesterday, we had 18 iron shots. In the past, we likely would have used 2-3 of my shots, and the remainder would have been his because they either were better than mine, or mine would have been completely unusable. In yesterday's round, we could have used all 18 of my shots (that, in and of itself, is a vast improvement). We actually ended up using 14 of my iron shots! In 12 of those instances, he hit good shots; mine were just better for us.

You could argue that I'm swinging better. I'm sure that's part of the change. But, if nothing else, these Mizunos have vastly improved my confidence. I now truly believe I can hit a 6-iron again, because I've seen the proof. I now believe I can hit the occasional intentional fade or draw, because I've done it with these irons. I now believe I can thread a tight shot through tight openings because I've done it multiple times. I'm hitting my old distances, plus some. What's not to love about these Hot Metals?!

That is awesome to here Rebel4life!!!!!! Great to have the confidence in the irons and your ability to hit the shots you want to hit.

I said this in the JPX 919 video thread with @Canadan but anyone who is looking at a new set of irons and doesn't try the JPX lineup is cheating themselves. They may not be the best for everyone, but they are so good there is no reason to not consider them at all.

I can't get the Hot Metal Pro long irons out of my head.

The Hot Metals are special irons!!

I can't get the Hot Metal Pro long irons out of my head.
It has infected you. Good... give in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hahahaha! Seriously, I love the tech story, they sound good, and they went DEAD straight.
True. I have lighter flex shafts than previously and gained distance on my previous set.

The last 2 times I hit my HM Pros, I have struggled. Can't get the distances dialed in.

hahahaha! Seriously, I love the tech story, they sound good, and they went DEAD straight.

Oh man, this doesn't help my wallet at all.

Laser beam straight with the right shaft.

Maximum love.
Dan, maybe it was in the video, but what shafts were you hitting?

Played twice last week after a tough stretch and played really well. I love how long these irons are and since I switched to the Z Star ball I no longer have a problem with a ton of roll out. I am very happy with these!

Played twice last week after a tough stretch and played really well. I love how long these irons are and since I switched to the Z Star ball I no longer have a problem with a ton of roll out. I am very happy with these!

Good stuff!!! I need to think about these going back in the bag, the club and half distance lose compared to my 765's is significant.

I have developed a swing funk this past couple weeks. BUT...last night I had the course to myself and was hitting multiple shots from distances. I think I was trying TOO hard to hit distances and not swinging smooth for a distance. I do at this point have the gaps down with a nice swing. But at the third distance I hit, I felt it. It felt SO smooth. I think I am back on track. Crazy game!!!!

I have developed a swing funk this past couple weeks. BUT...last night I had the course to myself and was hitting multiple shots from distances. I think I was trying TOO hard to hit distances and not swinging smooth for a distance. I do at this point have the gaps down with a nice swing. But at the third distance I hit, I felt it. It felt SO smooth. I think I am back on track. Crazy game!!!!

I know what you mean. I try to make my last thought before I swing, "let the club do the work." That's my way of trying to be smooth. When I do let it do the work, it works beautifully, especially with these Hot Metals.

I went to Club Champion with OEM specs in hand and we built a set based on their shaft offerings... sans markup and fitting fee.

As a returning customer they take care of you.

Yep swinging hard is not the answer, smooth and easy will get the distances for you.

Just got a set of the hot metals and was just about to hit the range to see how they perform before my tee time tomorrow and of course, a massive storm comes in and forces me to turn around. Looking forward to some forgiveness and high launching irons...I hope.

Back