TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

Really liking the M5 fw. This is def better than the M3 fw from my experience. I currently have mine paired up with an AD DI shaft and it feels and sets up great. During last weeks round, I hit a cut around a corner on the par 5 11th from 256 on the green. It was such a great shot. Sadly I three putted for par...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hit my m6 3 times today. twice off the tee, once off the deck.

i can’t launch this thing high at all. and the shaft feels really heavy, like it has no action. i can’t turn it over at all. fwiw i was fit for this and couldn’t miss.

that said, i hit really good shots. arccos says my smart distance is 250, which is just a few yards behind my driver. my favorite shot was on a par 5. i had 272 out, and hit a low runner cut around the trees that ran up the neck just in front of the green. it came off perfectly.

i still need to figure it out, but today was certainly promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

M5 is still filthy.

High. Long. Easy. Bombs.

Took my m6 3 wood out for the first time yesterday. Sound is amazing, so muted which I love. Swing was terrible but it was really forgiving. Looking forward to hitting it in the warmth of Hawaii next week.

M5 is still filthy.

High. Long. Easy. Bombs.

Totally agree, really enjoying the M5 fw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any love for the hybrids? Really digging the look of the m6 in a 19*. I have a spot that needs to be filled in my bag.

Thanks

Any love for the hybrids? Really digging the look of the m6 in a 19*. I have a spot that needs to be filled in my bag.

Thanks

Have not really seen much traction on them. I am enjoying my GAPR's tho.

it's time for a last ditch effort after the m6 was a dud yet again. i'm going to email will @peoples club about this build, and see if he has any ideas.

i have a different oem's fw in a 5w, with the exact same shaft, built by will, and it's absolutely money. yet this 3w feels extremely dead, won't launch, and does nothing but bleed right. it's pretty much the polar opposite of what i experienced in my fitting, and makes me wonder about the build itself.

if he doesn't have any ideas, i'm probably just going to sell it. bizarre that the one club i was so excited about in my fitting has become such a disappointment in the bag.

I tried the new Epic Flash, F9, TS2 and M6 and the M6 was the longest (not by much) and by far the most consistent. I wanted to get something to primarily hit off the tee for times that I don’t need driver. The M6 off the tee on the monitor was going around 205-210m carry and 220ish total. The best hit went 215m carry and 230m total. That is ideal as driver isn’t too much further.
The guy in the shop, knowing my swing, asked me to then give it a try off the deck. Even though I was never going to be fussed if I couldn’t get a decent number off the deck, my 1st swing went just as far. I simply turned around and said “Change the grip please and SOLD!”
1st round today with it and I only hit it twice and both were off the deck. Not my local course so no short holes to use it off the tee. The 1st was a very heavy lie sitting down and I dug down after it and it came out with a low to mid flight. The 2nd was from a great lie in the fairway. Contact was great and it took off on one of the highest flights I’ve ever hit a 5w and it went dead straight. I wasn’t clever enough to get a distance on it unfortunately but i was super happy with the result with very little roll out from the wet ground.
The sound and feel are awesome when you put a good swing on one. I will post more thoughts in a few days time when I get back out for another round.

I tried the new Epic Flash, F9, TS2 and M6 and the M6 was the longest (not by much) and by far the most consistent. I wanted to get something to primarily hit off the tee for times that I don’t need driver. The M6 off the tee on the monitor was going around 205-210m carry and 220ish total. The best hit went 215m carry and 230m total. That is ideal as driver isn’t too much further.
The guy in the shop, knowing my swing, asked me to then give it a try off the deck. Even though I was never going to be fussed if I couldn’t get a decent number off the deck, my 1st swing went just as far. I simply turned around and said “Change the grip please and SOLD!”
1st round today with it and I only hit it twice and both were off the deck. Not my local course so no short holes to use it off the tee. The 1st was a very heavy lie sitting down and I dug down after it and it came out with a low to mid flight. The 2nd was from a great lie in the fairway. Contact was great and it took off on one of the highest flights I’ve ever hit a 5w and it went dead straight. I wasn’t clever enough to get a distance on it unfortunately but i was super happy with the result with very little roll out from the wet ground.
The sound and feel are awesome when you put a good swing on one. I will post more thoughts in a few days time when I get back out for another round.

M6 fairways are the best I've ever played. Without a doubt the most accurate

M6 fairways are the best I've ever played. Without a doubt the most accurate

I expected a few shots on the monitor to be high fades with a bit of an out to in swing but all I saw was a nice straight ball flight.
I just love the sound. I think the crown looks miles better than m2 or m4 and is way more subtle compared to those two

I expected a few shots on the monitor to be high fades with a bit of an out to in swing but all I saw was a nice straight ball flight.
I just love the sound. I think the crown looks miles better than m2 or m4 and is way more subtle compared to those two

Welcome to Twist Face on a fairway wood.

I still say it makes more sense here for amateurs as we do tend to be able to get a 3w at least close to back to square more consistently than drivers.

Welcome to Twist Face on a fairway wood.

I still say it makes more sense here for amateurs as we do tend to be able to get a 3w at least close to back to square more consistently than drivers.

Oh I agree completely. I like how you can actually see it on the fairway woods. Do you think that it works better on fairways when the face isn’t as wide or tall as a driver and you don’t have to stray as far from the middle for twist face to have its affect?

I had the best day today with my M6 5w. It was drizzling for most of the round and not much run.

1st tee shot of the day on a par 5. No practice swings as we were unsure if we’d play or not and I stripe one 215m down the middle. The ball went dead straight with a great high flight.
Another par5 this time off the deck for my 2nd shot and the ball finished 3ft from the green from 200m+ out. Since I waited for the green to clear just in case and my playing partners kept walking further up, they said that it would’ve run up had it not been mushy in front of the green. I originally got this club for off the tee but I’m just as happy having a dig with it off the deck.

I’m getting the confidence to just setup and swing and if I do my part I will get an awesome result. I’m sure I will hit some bad ones at some stage but I haven’t even come close so far. I’m sure that twist face is playing a huge role in this and the sound is great when you middle one. A definite must try.

i reached out to will about the 3w build he did for me. he said the m6 head is just very heavy. his suggestion was to cut the shaft down. that would make it play the same length as my 5w, not sure how that would make sense.

i hit it once in my most recent round. another low right bleeder that almost found the hazard. crazy thing is it was still as long as my playing partner’s drive that he hit well.

i really like that i have a guaranteed fade option off the tee, that will still poke a good distance. just need to tame that fade and get it to launch higher. basically i want it to perform like my fitting, which this build has failed to do so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can’t wait to try the M6 at Injected Speed next month (I’m hoping the opp will be there at least) as gaming the M5 abs now having the Original One has left me wanting to try the third member of the lineup as well.

I can’t wait to try the M6 at Injected Speed next month (I’m hoping the opp will be there at least) as gaming the M5 abs now having the Original One has left me wanting to try the third member of the lineup as well.

It will be interesting to see the differences for you between the 2.

M6 hybo shipped today. That's exciting. There is no thread for the hybrids and likely no traction for there to be one IMO, so I'll post in here until I get it in hand.

Thoughts on the M6 hybo? I picked up a 3H, just to get the 150% bonus towards the Mini. I planned to sell it, but I actually think it looks pretty good. I almost never play a 3H, but I always seem to have a TM 3H laying around, so I'll probably give it a shot first.

Thoughts on the M6 hybo? I picked up a 3H, just to get the 150% bonus towards the Mini. I planned to sell it, but I actually think it looks pretty good. I almost never play a 3H, but I always seem to have a TM 3H laying around, so I'll probably give it a shot first.

It was ok, just wasn’t spectacular at the time. I think a different shaft combo would be a different story maybe. Traded it in towards my original one.

It was ok, just wasn’t spectacular at the time. I think a different shaft combo would be a different story maybe. Traded it in towards my original one.
That sounds like my experience with the M4 hybrid last year. Solid club, but I could get more out of the Rogue 4H than I could with the M4 3H. So my younger bro got a free upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My M5 5 wood will be here tomorrow. I am really looking forward to seeing what this thing can do

My M5 5 wood will be here tomorrow. I am really looking forward to seeing what this thing can do

Rockets. That’s what it WILL do.

Welp, just read through this thread, and I will be sending the M6 hybo back for an M6 5W. Then I'll have a Callaway v. TaylorMade battle all year in my woods.

Rockets. That’s what it WILL do.

Absolutely. I'm still trying to wrap my head around my M5 3wood. Hit it 305yds off the deck into a big par5 tonight. It took off laser straight and FAST. All I could think watching it was "****, there's people on the green!!" Apologized for rolling one through while they were putting and got a congrats from them. Lol
Definitely a game changer.

Back