Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

What is the opinion on the Evenflow Green shaft? I had my best numbers with it. It felt very stable for a 55g shaft. Do any of the Granddaddy folks have Callaway's story on this shaft?

What is the opinion on the Evenflow Green shaft? I had my best numbers with it. It felt very stable for a 55g shaft. Do any of the Granddaddy folks have Callaway's story on this shaft?

I didn't get a chance to try that shaft but I think a few of the guys were able to and one or two may have been fit in to that shaft but I can't remember for sure. I think there were some positive comments about it though.

I haven't tried it in the driver yet, but I went with the 65g shaft in my fairways, and I really like the feel. Agree on stability too. I'm usually a R/S tweener, depending on the shaft, but this one felt plenty stable in R flex.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'd love background info too....I was told just a stiffer mid/softer tip of blue but it certainly doesn't feel tip soft

I was fit into the 45g EvenFlow Green and find it very smooth feeling. I am getting good distance and I'm not sure if the high ball flight I am seeing is due to it totally, the ERC totally or just a combination of the two. I have a couple other shafts I can throw in it for comparison but the weather hasn't been conducive to getting out for prolonged range time. I am playing and scoring so well with it as is that I don't want to swap in another shaft and take it out on the course without testing first.

I was fit into the 45g EvenFlow Green and find it very smooth feeling. I am getting good distance and I'm not sure if the high ball flight I am seeing is due to it totally, the ERC totally or just a combination of the two. I have a couple other shafts I can throw in it for comparison but the weather hasn't been conducive to getting out for prolonged range time. I am playing and scoring so well with it as is that I don't want to swap in another shaft and take it out on the course without testing first.

I'm in a Flash Sub Zero head 9* lofted up and the 55g Reg evenflow green.....my trajectory has been mid but with easy ability to alter with tee height.....much easier than M3

Based on what Project X said it’s the same profile as the EF blue with the only difference is the green is firmer in the mid section.

My time testing out shafts the EF Green is a sold shaft and will hold up to most swings

Based on what Project X said it’s the same profile as the EF blue with the only difference is the green is firmer in the mid section.

My time testing out shafts the EF Green is a sold shaft and will hold up to most swings
Definitely not worried about breaking down the shaft with my 94 mph SS. My main concern is I used their Recoil (lighter) shaft in a Fusion a couple of years ago and it was really bad for me because I just hooked it so bad when I missed out on the toe. I tested the Flash and had excellent success with the EF Green, but I wanted to make sure I am not getting myself into that situation again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Definitely not worried about breaking down the shaft with my 94 mph SS. My main concern is I used their Recoil (lighter) shaft in a Fusion a couple of years ago and it was really bad for me because I just hooked it so bad when I missed out on the toe. I tested the Flash and had excellent success with the EF Green, but I wanted to make sure I am not getting myself into that situation again.

That may have been more of an issue with that head - the Fusion is in that high launch/light (and probably draw-biased) category of drivers Callaway makes.

I was absolutely blistering this thing on the simulator today! I love the feel you get from it on well struck shots and it's making it tough to stay patient for the season to get here.

Hmm, noticed the 50% trade in bonus ends Sunday. Looks like I will have to decide whether I pull the trigger pretty soon. I also might go custom, but not sure. I just dont like that gold and green. That said I have never hit a brand new driver that I wanted to buy immediately so everything else about this club is screaming at me.

Hmm, noticed the 50% trade in bonus ends Sunday. Looks like I will have to decide whether I pull the trigger pretty soon. I also might go custom, but not sure. I just dont like that gold and green. That said I have never hit a brand new driver that I wanted to buy immediately so everything else about this club is screaming at me.

Don't notice at ALL from the address position! JUST DO IT.....

The M1 was not really known for its forgiveness. I loved that driver, but only when I hit it well.

I’ll agree on that. I’ve hit some drives that defied belief with my M1 430. I also like that I can get the loft down to 5.5* on that club, can only get to 8* with Callaway’s standard stuff-I wish I could go lower. The forgiveness on the M1 430 is horrible though. You either smash it or it flies 220 yards into the rough. Also love the crown on the M-series, I feel it helps me line up better.

All that said I hit a standard Flash and saw enough forgiveness there to make me give it a go, and will be using the Flash SZ this year, absent me absolutely hating it. I was very unimpressed with the M3 440 last year, I thought I had a dead club head, but after hitting another, it just wasn’t a good club. At least for me. I just need to commit to using a Callaway driver enough that I get comfortable lining it up. That’s been my only issue with them. I can groove them on the range when I can tune my setup from the same location until it’s doing the same general direction. But on the course, most of my rounds follow the same progression. First couple holes I miss right, next couple I put down the middle, and by the end I’m usually fighting to keep it from going too far left. This has been the trend with the 816 DBD Alpha, Epic SZ, and Rogue SZ. Also only being able to loft down past 8* has been an issue, but not insurmountable.

I’m going Flash SZ for 2019. I’ll learn how to line it up if the forgiveness is anywhere close to what I saw with the regular Flash and what I keep hearing about here. Unless I win something else before I get it, then I’ll go that route for the reviewing aspect. Which is always a possibility here:)

Yup with a Orange Ad DI shaft it should go real nice with my orange RTC bag.

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This driver has blown my mind twice this year.

Someone tell me a crazy story about theirs.

12/12 FIR at Pacific Dunes. (I’ve probably played 30-40 rounds at the Bandon courses and never remotely come close to a number like this... much less anywhere else, ever)

Having playing partners who like to give me **** being forced to compliment my tee game.

Hitting a low heel shot at a local course on a cold winter day, having it be in the middle of the fairway easily at my really good summer distances and thinking to myself something like “wow, wth”

The majority of my swings have been on a simulator but the forgiveness I'm seeing with it seems ridiculous. The ball send to want to work back to the fairway on mishits. I don't take a ton away regarding distance because I don't know how accurate those numbers are but man the forgiveness seems to be picking up just where it left off on California.

12/12 FIR at Pacific Dunes. (I’ve probably played 30-40 rounds at the Bandon courses and never remotely come close to a number like this... much less anywhere else, ever)

Having playing partners who like to give me **** being forced to compliment my tee game.

Hitting a low heel shot at a local course on a cold winter day, having it be in the middle of the fairway easily at my really good summer distances and thinking to myself something like “wow, wth”

12 of 12?!?!?!

No way! That's huge, buddy.

12 of 12?!?!?!

No way! That's huge, buddy.
Yep, and on most of those holes I had a much smaller number into the green than usual. It was a special day, the kind that makes you want to keep coming back out to play more.

Yep, and on most of those holes I had a much smaller number into the green than usual. It was a special day, the kind that makes you want to keep coming back out to play more.

You're the envy of the room with those percentages, dude.

I believe it, too. These drivers, man....

So what was it that blew your mind about the club?

So what was it that blew your mind about the club?

There may or may not have been one or two drivers during Range Day that flat out had me laughing at the results. This may or may not be one of them. In a couple weeks, you may or may not here a LOT more about it. Right @JB?

And if that wasn't enough, the big number I hit with it in Florida? Obnoxious.

There may or may not have been one or two drivers during Range Day that flat out had me laughing at the results. This may or may not be one of them. In a couple weeks, you may or may not here a LOT more about it. Right @JB?

And if that wasn't enough, the big number I hit with it in Florida? Obnoxious.

That's pretty cool to hear. This has me so Curtis to see how my drives compare to last year on my home course. The driver I gamed last year gave me the best results I've ever had so there are some big shoes to fill.

That's pretty cool to hear. This has me so Curtis to see how my drives compare to last year on my home course. The driver I gamed last year gave me the best results I've ever had so there are some big shoes to fill.

So "Curtis" lmao greatest autocorrect ever or no?

Thoughts @ArmyGolf?

Back