Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

First swing with the new set Lolol I’ll take it
7732f4825452cb9d37552550cb94268c.jpg

Is it because you did it in boots?

Interesting conversation with my CS rep at Callaway, he said all irons are checked with a lazer device for loft and lie prior to boxing.
I asked why they do not include a sheet with the measured specs in the box since if they are act doing this it would be a great QC step, he had no answer and when I told him how far off my lies were he had no answer except it could have been the machine used and the guy doing it.
I agree 1 even 1.5 deg off could be user error or the machine, but 3 * I am not buying it.

Anyway I went ahead and ordered a set of Pro 19's with catalyst 100 6.0, into the breach again I go...if he can confirm all is in stock for normal delivery not a month out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So I had my lofts adjusted last Wednesday and this past weekend I had some of the best ball striking days I've had in quite sometime, from AW to 5iron. I'm not saying the small adjustments in loft made me find the center more, I'd say that would have more to do with lie, but just confidence at address went a long way.

I was happy and no matter which club I pull from the bag I swing it like my 9iron. It took so long to instill this thought process but I told myself to just stick with it and I was happy with the results.

I love the forged feel!

I crave hitting these. Especially 6i-AW. The 5i and are doing a little dance right now but she'll come around.

I was a bit concerned about being able to game the pros in the combo set, but man was I wrong. Dealt with some 25-30 mph winds today and about 42* and man, I am just so excited about where my game is headed. The combo set is perfect for me, I think. Little thicker in the standard apex but still love the looks, but I really love how square the pros sit at address. They feel like absolute butter, almost like the ball isn’t even there. So easy to elevate and hit whatever distance I needed. I’m ecstatic with these. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuck out for my first nine of the year this morning. It was cold and windy. The kind of day where my old irons would result in a few stingers when struck off the toe.

It's going to take me a while to get my gapping right, and to knock off the winter rust. But the feel of these clubs is absolutely addicting.

Since I was out on my own I was just dropping balls at different distances (and wind directions), just to hit fun looking shots.

It's going to be a fun year.

Definitely noticing a slight uptick in distance with these(yeah I know they have very strong lofts). About 5-8 yards on average for me. I will also say in combination with a swing change I have made and the Elevate shafts, I have never hit balls this high before. I love hitting iron shots now. These things just continue to climb with little to no ballooning. When you have always been a mid trajectory guy all your life and now you are reaching another gear, it’s pretty cool to say the least.

Definitely noticing a slight uptick in distance with these(yeah I know they have very strong lofts). About 5-8 yards on average for me. I will also say in combination with a swing change I have made and the Elevate shafts, I have never hit balls this high before. I love hitting iron shots now. These things just continue to climb with little to no ballooning. When you have always been a mid trajectory guy all your life and now you are reaching another gear, it’s pretty cool to say the least.

It's crazy how high these launch with those lofts & this package. I'm chomping at the bit to get these back out on the course. If it weren't raining on Friday I'd be playing some hooky. Will most likely play on Sunday.

I am pretty sure I mentioned this earlier but I was really worried about the lightness of the Elevate shafts as I have typically always played a shaft that weighed in at or above 120 grams. In combination of my longer swing, I am making such better contact and not picking the ball as much. Starting to develop a little bit of a divot now. I was so worried that I wouldn’t get through the shot and actually come out of it but it has been the complete opposite experience.

I am pretty sure I mentioned this earlier but I was really worried about the lightness of the Elevate shafts as I have typically always played a shaft that weighed in at or above 120 grams. In combination of my longer swing, I am making such better contact and not picking the ball as much. Starting to develop a little bit of a divot now. I was so worried that I wouldn’t get through the shot and actually come out of it but it has been the complete opposite experience.

Elevate 95 or the tour? I hit the tours with the pros and just pushed a lot of the shots to the right.. they're only 3 grams lighter than current shafts so I dont even know if it's that, but maybe my tempo is too much for those?

Trying to do my inernet homework before I ready settle down and contemplate buying

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So played 9 today and I was hitting the standard Apex so flush. This was the first time playing them in warm weather. It was 74° and little to no wind today and I hit a shot with my PW twice that went 145. I overshot both greens on both of those shots. One was a par 3 115 uphill and I flew the green a country mile. I tried to hit a soft PW and it went very straight but very long for me. The second shot that flew way past the green was from 125 and flew way past the green, hit the cart path and bounced OB. My last set of irons, the Steelhead XR, I hit my PW 125 on a good day. I was playing the CS Truvis Stars and Stripes today. I honestly didn't hit a bad iron shot, was just long, a lot longer than I'm used to. Gonna have to adjust a little.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Took the AW, PW and 9i to the range yesterday for a quick bucket. Was hoping to work on distances but the wind was sooo crazy it was hard to figure anything out, so it turned into just hitting for good contact, ball flight and landing it close to my intended targets. Wind was in my face and to the right most of the day so a lot of shots were high and just got higher and higher for me, which honestly was pretty cool to see. I've never turned my head that far up to watch a ball in forever. This was probably the first time in awhile that I had "two club" wind, and some shots felt like "three club wind" but was fun just to see how the ball reacted and if I ever come across it I have some yardages to keep in mind, even if they were from old Srixon range balls.

Contact was great, and I continue to love the sound these clubs make, added some wear marks to the hosel, but I will blame the wind :)! I am not one that can draw on demand that much, but the times I tried yesterday to try and combat the left to right wind seemed to work well. Had one or two that were closer to a hook than a draw, but that's on me. Hoping next range session the wind is calmer and I can really focus on getting these distances dialed in, along with bringing a 7i from my old set to compare and hopefully shorten the learning curve on yardages.

Fun to wake up to a shipping notification, apparently the Pros will arrive today. That was a lot faster than expected

I’ve got to say.

And I mean this.

Probably the most fun and infatuation I’ve had with a set of irons in 3-4 years.

They’re pretty much addictive to hit, and as my swing has finally come back to me, they’ve only become more so.

I’ve got to say.

And I mean this.

Probably the most fun and infatuation I’ve had with a set of irons in 3-4 years.

They’re pretty much addictive to hit, and as my swing has finally come back to me, they’ve only become more so.

They are truly phenomenal. I just yearn to hit them. Especially the pros.

I’ve got to say.

And I mean this.

This makes me happy

Your cash boss man....good luck looking forward to seeing the finished product with the UST's

Wait till you see what Danny is cooking up for me. It will be black and red but a little surprise too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wolfpack?

Hahaha! That would be awesome but no.

Has anyone with some real range or course time been able to hit slinging hooks or slices when needed?

Has anyone with some real range or course time been able to hit slinging hooks or slices when needed?

Yes, I’ve moved the ball both ways with these irons.

last round with the Combo set this morning and put up a pretty solid 82, of course it could have been sub 80 but for the putter....played a 6,000 yd course so most of the approaches were with the 8 iron down so I am feeling real good about the incoming Set of Pros. I have to say the reg. APEX 19 did very well on the few shots I needed them, just a nit picking thing on my part to go all pros and I wanted the Catalyst back in the bag.

Callaway did me a solid on the trade so it was cheaper to just reload then change shafts. Tracking says they are on the truck to be delivered by 3pm, truly amazing really I ordered them Tuesday. Obviously they had them sitting there and just had to cut and grip them. Ordered the set 2 deg. strong so they play like the combo set pros.

I'm actually happy with what I am gaming, but the Pro Combo is eating at me.

Back