Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Got my apex combo set Tuesday. There is no evidence on the receipt that they built them to the specs I ordered. +1 strong. Heading to golf galaxy to have them checked today. Anyone else ran into this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Receipt probably won’t list it but the order sheet to Callaway should.

I know in the past they had color codes of paint on the hosel that meant certain lie angles, kind of like Ping. Not sure if they still do that or not. I'd also call Callaway CS, they will help you out.

Yes they do. Should follow this

Callaway Golf Lie Angle colors are applied to the top groove (see photo below) of face nearest toe. ...
Blue = 3 degrees upright.
White = 2 degrees upright.
Green = 1 degree upright.
No Color = Standard Lie.
Gold = 1 degree flat.
Red = 2 degrees flat.
Yellow = 3 degrees flat.

Yep they’ll take trade ins and give you 90 days no questions asked return policy. Best in the business when it comes to returns.

Do you know if they are matching any specials like Callaway, TaylorMade, or Golf Galaxy with and extra trade in bonus?

Do you know if they are matching any specials like Callaway, TaylorMade, or Golf Galaxy with and extra trade in bonus?

Yep. They offer the trade in bonuses as well. That’s how I’m buying irons in store later.

Callaway Golf Lie Angle colors are applied to the top groove (see photo below) of face nearest toe. ...
No Color = Standard Lie.
Gold = 1 degree flat.
Red = 2 degrees flat.
Yellow = 3 degrees flat.

Thanks my lie is standard. I ordered +1 strong through the set and nothing on my paperwork to show that.

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Just got back from golf galaxy and as suspected my clubs were not +1 strong loft. Golf galaxy bent them for free. Might want to have your custom order checked.

Just got back from golf galaxy and as suspected my clubs were not +1 strong loft. Golf galaxy bent them for free. Might want to have your custom order checked.

did your order from callaway reflect this loft adjustment request? my order lists everything, including my lie angle and swingweight requests.

i guess i'll definitely be getting mine checked when they come on monday. my understanding is their customer service is great about fixing these issues, but it would be nice if qc was a bit better on the front end.

No Color = Standard Lie.
Gold = 1 degree flat.
Red = 2 degrees flat.
Yellow = 3 degrees flat.
They'll also use the same color codes as paint fill on hosel markings.

Like so:
cafe62023ec99faafc4c948740b542c4.jpg

did your order from callaway reflect this loft adjustment request? my order lists everything, including my lie angle and swingweight requests.

i guess i'll definitely be getting mine checked when they come on monday. my understanding is their customer service is great about fixing these issues, but it would be nice if qc was a bit better on the front end.

Yes my order reflected it and golf galaxy looked it up in their system. Callaway Customer service is great but their qc needs improved. They are assembled in Mexico. Ha
d8697d4664285eacfe39f4e9627e3cee.jpg
82eb6f2ce6022009013a210cfa62a7e9.jpg

Like so:

I didn’t know they did this. So yours are red 2 degrees flat? Mine are black letters so I’m assuming that is standard which you have as “no color “?

Yes my order reflected it and golf galaxy looked it up in their system. Callaway Customer service is great but their qc needs improved. They are assembled in Mexico. Ha
d8697d4664285eacfe39f4e9627e3cee.jpg
82eb6f2ce6022009013a210cfa62a7e9.jpg

So what does the last sentence you wrote have to do with quality control?

Like so:

And I thought that I got green because I'm a THP member. :thinking:

I didn’t know they did this. So yours are red 2 degrees flat? Mine are black letters so I’m assuming that is standard which you have as “no color “?

These aren't mine, but yes, that's the idea.

And I thought that I got green because I'm a THP member. :thinking:

I always thought the color was a bonus lol. Have sone MD that are red flat and green upright. Good info though.

Not the best ball striking today but good misses, except for a few fat shots to the right and 2 shanks. One of them on a 103 yard hole oooof.

Still getting acclimated to distances but every round I’ve played with them has been windy so I I’m still just clubbing up in a headwind and playing below the flag on helping wind.

Struggled on all the Par 3s today with bad swings and poor club selection.

Oh well. Great when you find the middle of the club face. Easy game.

The more I swing this combo set the better I like it, hit some pretty solid iron shots today.

It’s go time tomorrow!

4eb5d28c76f15cd979644c30ca6fd688.jpg

Niiiiiiiice - congrats!

Pretty excited to give them a go tomorrow. Definitely going to be testing these for a bit to see the VFT in action in the scoring irons

How is front-to-back dispersion with these? Any “hot spots” off the face like CF16? I’m tired of losing 10 yards on a slight mishit, but i don’t want distance jumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How is front-to-back dispersion with these? Any “hot spots” off the face like CF16? I’m tired of losing 10 yards on a slight mishit, but i don’t want distance jumps.

I hit about 5-6 iron shots today dead center but grass stains on on the bottom 2 grooves. I think it’s a D-Bag comment when people say “caught that a groove too low” but it’s a fact when I did that it landed short each time, but dead straight.

Now on a tee or fluffed in the rough you can catch it middle center and it’s flushed. Gotta work on doing that from the fairway. I’ll take it though.

I am finding them to be spot on consistent, we played in a pretty good wind today and for the most part hit distances as expected.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back