Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

I’m a higher handicap golfer that can’t tell any difference between them and chrome soft. I do like the alignment stripes but my buddies say I spend too much time adjusting the ball to align to the cup.

Drain the putt, they will quiet down. :clapp:

Finally got a chance to play 9 holes on my home course. I decided to give the ERC one more chance and brought a sleeve me to compare it to my Snell MTB-Black. Hit a few comparison shots on a few different holes and really liked the feel of the ERC ball on this particular round. Distance was very comparable and in some cases longer than the MTB.

Got to the 9th hole and was still undecided whether the ERC was worth the price based on the performance when comparing it to the MTB. I got to the par 5, 9th hole and had only hit a comparison shot here and there and never really hit both balls from tee to green, so I decided that I would do it on this long par 5.

This hole is a dog leg left and you can take a shortcut by hitting your tee shot over a small hill on the left. I hit the MTB first and ended up nicely in the fairway about 230 from the green. It was a quality strike, at least based on my abilities. Next I hit the ERC along the same trajectory and it flew a little higher but with what seemed to be a more penetrating delivery. I would rate it about the same quality of a strike.

When I got to the balls in the fairway, the ERC was at least 20 yards ahead of the MTB in the center of the fairway. I was impressed because for once the strikes were comparable.

I hit the MTB with a Cobra F9 3w and it landed about 25 yards short of the green. That’s pretty much how this hole plays for me.

I hit the ERC with the same club and was shocked to see a really nice penetrating flight to the left of the green. It was hard to see the result of the hit because there’s a small hill and if you catch it right, it will funnel the ball right down towards the green.

As I approached the green, I could see my MTB on the right side of the fairway in a perfect spot for a pitch to the green.

But then I saw a ball on the green about 12-15 feet from the pin. No way! Yes, it was the ERC sitting on the green that I had just reached in 2 and had never been able to do this in the past. It had delivered an Eagle opportunity to me that I seldom get. Had it not been for the poor condition of the greens, I probably would have made that Eagle, but as it was, I ended up with a birdie.

The MTB ended up with a par. Score 1 for the ERC which now completely reversed my position on how I feel about this ball. I’m definitely going to play my next round with the ERC only and see how it does. I have a feeling it’s going to do really well.

I've still 11 of these from the dozen I bought. Tried one and wasn't a fan (soft and shorter than my Bridgestone RX) but after reading so many glowing reviews I should give them another try.

I do enjoy the triple track though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Now that the temps are warming into the 60’s by the time we finish and the course is beginning to dry out I am really seeing the benefit of this ball off the Flash woods and ‘19 Apex irons. I broke out Game Golf earlier this year and it showed my typical drive at about 220 with an occasional long drive per round in the 235 or so range, maybe on a downwind hole and usually just one drive anywhere near that distance.

The last several rounds in better conditions I am seeing multiple drives in the 245-260 range! For example, playing from the senior tees today (a Friday concession to the guys I play with) #10 was a short par 4 playing 256 according to the cart GPS. I normally just lay up with an iron but said what the heck. In calm conditions my drive was in the right greenside bunker just about pin high and I really didn’t feel like I struck it all that well.

Irons I am carrying a full club and maybe even more on full shots with a nice high trajectory. I see a little more roll out than I would get with a higher spinning ball but not exceptionally so. I have no issue with greenside spin as I don’t typically play those check and stop shots anyway. I will admit if I come to a par 3 with a front pin where I need a little more spin I do hit the CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the ERC during my practice round last Sunday. The course was hosting a regional 4 ball tournament which meant the greens had been rolled and some interesting pin placements had been selected. Even with the tougher than usual conditions the ERC reacted the way I expected throughout the round.

I will be "borrowing" my wife's dozen yellow ERC for my league tournament tomorrow. :secret:

I've still 11 of these from the dozen I bought. Tried one and wasn't a fan (soft and shorter than my Bridgestone RX) but after reading so many glowing reviews I should give them another try.

You really should give them another try. I also play the RX from time-to-time, but recently found that the MTB-Black was longer. I think you may find that the ERC is better than your first impression. Just finished with a chipping and putting session with the ERC and it seems to checkup very nicely and holds the line very well on putts.

If you still dont like them after the next try, I would gladly reimburse you for your 10 remainders. I am local!

If you still dont like them after the next try, I would gladly reimburse you for your 10 remainders. I am local!
I'll let you know. Hoping for good enough weather to play Sunday.

fde38102c7974b3ab9020ce80368a407.jpg

I think that @JMan & @MWard wanted to see some wedge numbers between the ERC Soft & Chromesoft...

I think that @JMan & @MWard wanted to see some wedge numbers between the ERC Soft & Chromesoft...

You’re a good man, Charlie Brown. Thank you

Thanks really like being able to see the side by side numbers. Like the extra spin the CS gives for stopping power.

I'll let you know. Hoping for good enough weather to play Sunday.

Thanks - pretty much kidding, but would gladly. I am digging this ball. If you are in the Bay Area, should be nice tomorrow. I think this rain should be stopped. Hope you have a great round!

Do you think your could repeat this comparison hitting to a 50yd target? I’m curious to see if the spin gap opens a little more.

Do you think your could repeat this comparison hitting to a 50yd target? I’m curious to see if the spin gap opens a little more.

I’ll try to get you some numbers on 50 yard wedge shots the next time I work.

I played this ball today. I was quite pleased. Soft and Straight of the tee and some spin on the short irons. I could put this ball into play permanently without question.

Bought a dozen of these to try out. Admittedly I thought this ball was “gimmicky”! Thought the lines and price tags for a non urethane ball was a bit questionable....

Boy was I ever wrong! Loved these balls today. The feel off irons is superb. The triple track is no gimmick and it’s a great putting aid. Yes, you can paint them on too any ball, but having them already on there was nice.

Off the putter the ball gelt nice and soft. Heck, I played this ball today alongside the new TM project A and thought the ERC felt WAY BETTER and didn’t have that “clicky” sound the TM’s had. Had better results with the ERC all around

The ball checked up more than enough green side as well

I AM A BELIEVER!

Pro gave me a sleeve to try out as he knows that I prefer a soft ball, I'm hoping to get to them this week.

Wasn't really interested in trying them but that's mostly due to the alignment aid as I don't use them. The lines won't bother me though, lines or bands on range rocks never did.

Virtually any ball can be a ball worth testing I so I'll give it an honest assessment.

Bought a dozen of these to try out. Admittedly I thought this ball was “gimmicky”! Thought the lines and price tags for a non urethane ball was a bit questionable....

Boy was I ever wrong! Loved these balls today. The feel off irons is superb. The triple track is no gimmick and it’s a great putting aid. Yes, you can paint them on too any ball, but having them already on there was nice.

Off the putter the ball gelt nice and soft. Heck, I played this ball today alongside the new TM project A and thought the ERC felt WAY BETTER and didn’t have that “clicky” sound the TM’s had. Had better results with the ERC all around

The ball checked up more than enough green side as well

I AM A BELIEVER!

You ABSOLUTELY CRUSHED THIS BALL TODAY. You could tell when you switched balls, it didn’t sound the same and neither was the flight. Plus the lines work so well off a certain Rose Gold Putter which go unnamed #ToulonGarageAtlanta

This is your ball.

A quick observation:
I played a white ball today and used only the markings on the ball to line up putts. It is very different looking down on a white ball with no lines compared to the triple track ball. With the triple track it is much easier to get your putter aligned to the line you want compared to the ball with out. You can tell if your putter blade is open or closed with the triple track easier than without the lines. ]
No just make it spinnier for around the green and I could play it.

The triple track is no gimmick and it’s a great putting aid. Yes, you can paint them on too any ball, but having them already on there was nice.

One may be able to paint three lines on any ball but as I understand it, the colors, the thickness and the distance apart the lines are are all part of the science, not just the fact that there are three lines.

One may be able to paint three lines on any ball but as I understand it, the colors, the thickness and the distance apart the lines are are all part of the science, not just the fact that there are three lines.

Probabaly so!! I definitely noticed the difference using a ball without the triple track. I missed it for sure when it wasn’t there

I played this ball at the start of my round for 2 holes and came away mixed. I want to preface by saying it was only 43* when we teed off so I really put no weight on some of the results but off the driver it seemed to be quite a bit shorter than what I would see with the Chrome Soft X I was also using. Iron distances seemed to be similar though and the ball feels very good and has a nice, soft feel even in the cold which is my preference.

What I continue to love is the Triple Track. That could be a game changer for me this season on 3-5 foot putts. As long as I see the correct line and line it up properly it feels like the putt should be an automatic make. Triple Track may be one of the best things released this year and I really hope this comes to the Chrome Soft lineup soon.

Put these in play again today and they just aren't for me. Drives were shorter and leaking right, which I'm usually straight to small draw and shorter. Irons weren't a good feel for me. Played the first 4 holes in 7 over, switched back to my Bridgestone tour B RX and finished the last 14 holes in 4 over.

Really want to like these but it just isn't happening. Good thing there are so many balls to choose from. If Callaway ever puts the triple track on the CS, my back up ball as I like them and can get them locally, I'll give those a try as I'm a big fan of the TT.

Used this ball with the CS during yesterday's round with positive results. The Triple track helped a lot with lining up my longer putts and believe it helped with my putting confidence as I drained a 10 and 15 footer for pars on holes 2 and 3. I am good for 1 during a round, but two back to back drove the confidence up. Off the tee the ball seemed to go farther but with the ground being so soggy and wet I am not sure about what kind of roll I would have gotten if it firmed up. But did notice the times where all 3 of us were in the fairway I was just a hair further, which usually wasn't the case in the past when we hit the same club. Spin was still pretty good on the par 3s shots I had, but I think it might have been due to having fresh wedge grooves for the first time in 5 years, plus very soft greens. On chips, I honestly didn't really have a lot of good chips, but the times I did it did roll a little more than I expected, and went back to a CS for a few holes and immediately noticed it checked up more. Have to agree the ball does travel a little further for me and reacts very well on full shots into the soft greens while rolling out more on chips, which I actually prefer. Triple track helped me with making good strokes on the long putts (that I took my time on), since I focused on making square contact. It's very rewarding to see the lines roll true without much deviation. Looking forward to using these balls more next time out, especially if the course firms up a bit.

Got in my first round with the ERC Soft yesterday. I'm sure I'll have some more detailed (and maybe relevant) thoughts as the season gets into full swing here in the Northeast, but a few quick impressions...

This ball seems as long as anything I've played in the recent past (ChromeSoft, AVX, B-330 RX, a smattering of others). I am only willing to say "seems" at this point for a couple of reasons: one, there are still winter tees at my course, so the vast majority of holes aren't playing the full distance they do during the season. Because of that, it's hard to truly compare landing spots, distances left, etc. That said, I certainly seemed to be closer to a good number of greens compared to my pre-snow winter golf.

The flight looks right in line with what I was hoping it'd be. This is super promising, I think. Again, winter golf (temp was probably about freezing at the time we teed off) and I also had new irons in the bag, but from the first swings of the day, if I made respectable contact the flight was high, not too crazily impacted by the wind, and straight.

I'll put spin in the way too early to tell camp. Some shots seemed to have enough stopping power and then some ran a little further than I'd like. Greens were also in mixed condition where some were a little wet, some were frozen. Hopefully I'll have a better idea of a true spin answer within the next few weeks.

Really like the Triple Track for tee shots and putting. Also interesting for when you get lift, clean and place days for iron shots and chips. Durability seemed right around normal - played 18 alternating between the same two balls and didn't really have to take either out of play.

All in all, a very interesting first round out and will be curious to see how these do when the course (and my game) is more in line with it's regular shape.

Back