2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

i'm with you. if i fly once a year, that's a lot. i despise flying.

Once a year means your $85 rounds out to $17 per trip.
Depending on the airport you are flying in and out of, that sounds like a steal. :D

Chris, thankfully, with you likely leaving first thing in the morning, MCO shouldn't be too bad, but plan to arrive at the airport no less than 90 mins prior to departure, especially if you have to check a bag. Security there can bottleneck. Hopefully you'll be okay that early.

Once a year means your $85 rounds out to $17 per trip.
Depending on the airport you are flying in and out of, that sounds like a steal. :D

but for what? the convenience of getting through the line quicker? i can honestly say that as infrequently as i fly, i don't recall waiting in line more than 15-20 minutes. $85 is not much money, maybe i'll go ahead and do it. we are planning to fly out as a family in january for a ski trip. might make sense to do it.

Just so you know, the $85 for precheck is good for 5 years, and as long as both you and your wife get it, your kids automatically get precheck, without them having to purchase it.

If there's any chance you'll travel internationally in that time, for only $15 more, you can get Global Entry as well, which will help when you return to the US. With GE, each family member would have to purchase it.

but for what? the convenience of getting through the line quicker? i can honestly say that as infrequently as i fly, i don't recall waiting in line more than 15-20 minutes. $85 is not much money, maybe i'll go ahead and do it. we are planning to fly out as a family in january for a ski trip. might make sense to do it.

I guess it depends how much you value your time haha.
Then add keeping your shoes on in a disgusting airport. Your belt on. Your laptop in your bag.
Im not selling it, heck I hope less get it and keep me moving quickly. :ROFLMAO:

Can’t get outside today, so this will have to do

D7F70388-7CC3-455F-9370-3D1167CDF264.jpeg

Flight home after losing is going to be really miserable then.

At least you will have had a good time doing it.
I have to imagine driving home after losing to a group led by the cast from Superbad would be MUCH worse :LOL:;)

Getting precheck is one of the best investments I've ever made. Just the fact that I don't have to take off my shoes and belt and unload my bag made it worth it for me and I don't even fly that often.

Pro Tip: for those of you with a short layover make sure you're wearing good shoes. My first flight got delayed and my already short layover got cut even shorter. As soon as we landed I cut through the plane and literally had to run across the airport to get to my next flight. I just made it and was the last to board the plane. Man I was scared I would miss my flight and had I not ran I would have.

I assume with the roughly six hour flight back, if @zbeekner4 and I are on the same flight, you might want to reserve an extra middle seat for Goldie to ride in.

1572371414217.gif

Last edited:

man, i can't wait to see your face when we play. unbeknownst to my handicap and scores i've been posting since finding out i'm in the event

I’m not familiar with that...

i'm doing a little reconnaissance tonight. pics to come later...

How is team ZooCrew shaping up? Do we get to see the final roster before hand?

New guys in place of AJ, Harry, and Velardo: Bill Pickleson, Evander Foffly, and Kendrick Benson... never heard of em.
Just sayin' they may have to dip into the tour staff if they want to keep that belt.

Just sayin' they may have to dip into the tour staff if they want to keep that belt.
That would be great if Sergio showed up and went berserk and you still take the championship!

I’m really looking forward to following my favorite golf event. Still hard to be on this side of things

I’m really looking forward to following my favorite golf event. Still hard to be on this side of things

It's going to be awesome to follow along with this group of guys this year, but also completely brutal! I know we had our time in the event but it was sooooooo good I just want to be back!

I just can't wait to see the Phireside with Phil from The Hideaway

It's going to be awesome to follow along with this group of guys this year, but also completely brutal! I know we had our time in the event but it was sooooooo good I just want to be back!

I have a feeling you will get into it. You would be a great scorer ?

I have a feeling you will get into it. You would be a great scorer ?
I may just have to block off my work schedule to make that happen.

Knowing we have all the alums support is huge. Can’t wait to carry on this tradition.

Knowing we have all the alums support is huge. Can’t wait to carry on this tradition.

Always. I will always support this event and our teams.

Back