2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

I’ve done the online fitting. Also got the RX. Curious to see if the live fitting matches or if they suggest something different

Do you remember when the RX came up? I ask because E12 Soft was the recommendation until I submitted driver distance. FYI - I'm not a long ball hitter. Driver distance changed recommendation from E12 Soft to Tour B RX. Maybe E12 Soft will be the recommendation....

Do you remember when the RX came up? I ask because E12 Soft was the recommendation until I submitted driver distance. FYI - I'm not a long ball hitter. Driver distance changed recommendation from E12 Soft to Tour B RX. Maybe E12 Soft will be the recommendation....

I don’t remember off hand. I’ll do it again tomorrow and see what happens.

In the online fitting I’m either the Tour B RX or the E12 soft. I bought a dozen of the Tour B RX to test but played in the wind with less than my normal swing so inconclusive. I plan to grab some of the E12 Soft to try as well.

Online it seems to come down to driver distance to determine the ball they recommend. It appears the Tour B RX is the ball they recommend the most. I’m planning to get out tonight so hopefully I’ll have a better idea what I like better. All that said, I can’t wait to see what they fit me into and the thoughts they have about it. I’ve never thought too much about what balls I play other than what they feel like off of the club so this is super interesting to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did the fitting again today and it went to the Tour B X. It's between that and the XS it appears depending on what I enter for shot shape. Fade is the XS, slice is the X. I have a few sleeves of the RX. I'll have to grab a couple sleeves of these options too and see how they do. Again, I'll defer to the experts though when the time comes and play whatever they recommend.

Did the fitting again today and it went to the Tour B X. It's between that and the XS it appears depending on what I enter for shot shape. Fade is the XS, slice is the X. I have a few sleeves of the RX. I'll have to grab a couple sleeves of these options too and see how they do. Again, I'll defer to the experts though when the time comes and play whatever they recommend.

I did it online today too. It put me into the TourB XS. I think that will be too spinny for me, but it didn’t ask the question,”does your drives go to their apex and fall straight down”? That’s a pretty key thing for us high spin folks.

I’m still going in with a 100% open mind. I bought a sleeve of the XS at the course today and used them for short game practice. Oh my! They are great! I just fear that I’ll not combat the wind well with something that has that much greenside control. I have not hit anything more than a 15 yard pitch with them yet so I could be way off base, and I hope I am! I can’t think of any ball ever that I’d like more on less than full shots than the XS. The RX definitely gets the job done on full shots. The XS is supreme on short shots (the RX ain’t bad here, but it’s no XS). Why can’t the ROG be amended so that we can play what ball we want for each shot? USGA, I demand a change... lol.

I love them both, in their own separate ways! Both are great at what they do. Hopefully I’ll be good enough to use the XS again someday!

Spent time on the range and practice putting green today. Lots and lots of wedge swings. My goal is to bring a solid wedge game to Firestone.

Tomorrow is an interesting day. I'm co-hosting a trade delegation from Portugal at one of our facilities. My prep includes Renaldo, golf, and business stuff. The Portuguese Ambassador to the US is attending. His goal is trade. I'm going big picture on him tomorrow and it includes a THP event in Portugal. Hope @JB likes this idea. :D

I'm heading to the course after the meetings with the intention of walking 27+ holes. Long, warm, June days with lots of golf are the best! TGIF!!!

Just got done watching Canadians ball fitting at Bridgestone! I have a feeling my results are going to surprise me as well when this is officially done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent time on the range and practice putting green today. Lots and lots of wedge swings. My goal is to bring a solid wedge game to Firestone.

Tomorrow is an interesting day. I'm co-hosting a trade delegation from Portugal at one of our facilities. My prep includes Renaldo, golf, and business stuff. The Portuguese Ambassador to the US is attending. His goal is trade. I'm going big picture on him tomorrow and it includes a THP event in Portugal. Hope @JB likes this idea. :D

I'm heading to the course after the meetings with the intention of walking 27+ holes. Long, warm, June days with lots of golf are the best! TGIF!!!

This. This is the kind of dedication I need in a partner.... Me? I spent an hour and a half at the range, 6+ hours putting my little fellas Xmas present together (jumbo trampoline-ugh!), and 4 hours coaching baseball on my “day off”.

I “should” be in prime golf shape come July??, !! Lol!

Have fun with the ambassador, and while I imagine Portugal ?? has some great courses, I’m not sure @JB would be down with that idea, haha! If he is though, sign me up!

Last edited:
I did it online today too. It put me into the TourB XS. I think that will be too spinny for me, but it didn’t ask the question,”does your drives go to their apex and fall straight down”? That’s a pretty key thing for us high spin folks.

I’m still going in with a 100% open mind. I bought a sleeve of the XS at the course today and used them for short game practice. Oh my! They are great! I just fear that I’ll not combat the wind well with something that has that much greenside control. I have not hit anything more than a 15 yard pitch with them yet so I could be way off base, and I hope I am! I can’t think of any ball ever that I’d like more on less than full shots than the XS. The RX definitely gets the job done on full shots. The XS is supreme on short shots (the RX ain’t bad here, but it’s no XS). Why can’t the ROG be amended so that we can play what ball we want for each shot? USGA, I demand a change... lol.

I love them both, in their own separate ways! Both are great at what they do. Hopefully I’ll be good enough to use the XS again someday!

Online fitting put me into the Tour B XS.... actual fitting with Adam put me into the RX. So far I have 2 9 hole rounds under my belt with the RX ball and have shot a 41 and a 44. I'm pretty happy with the results, now if I could just make a putt....

This. This is the kind of dedication I need in a partner.... Me? I spent an hour and a half at the range, 6+ hours putting my little fellas Xmas present together (jumbo trampoline-ugh!), and 4 hours coaching baseball on my “day off”.

I “should” be in prime golf shape come July??, !! Lol!

Have fun with the ambassador, and while I imagine Portugal has some great courses, I’m not sure @JB would be down with that idea, haha! If he is though, sign me up!

Meetings went well and the group extended numerous invitations to visit Portugal. They promised great golf, warm sunshine, and low taxes. Sounds like Florida! Unfortunately they didn’t say anything about airfare. . I’m told Portugal = Paradise!

Sent final payment to GolferGal this morning. Locked and loaded for a great trip to Firestone next month. The adventure starts in 31 days!

Played 9 holes on Weds and Thrs and then 18 yesterday. Each round was a steady decline in my abilities. Need to right the ship here soon or Firestone is going to eat me alive. I’m hoping I just need more swings. This spring hasn’t been the best conditions to get out and play a bunch.

Went to the range to try work some things out. Iron striking was good but could not hit the driver or hybrids on the range at all. Hoping to get in 18 today if the weather cooperates. I need to get some more rounds and practice in before this event.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

With the US Open coming up this week and seeing all the releases for what they will be wearing it got me thinking:

We are one month out. Too early to be thinking about scripting?

Announcement.
Teams will be announced this week.

1st post updated with the teams.
Didn't want to wait anymore : )

Let's go @pkorf !!!!!!!!

The Teams
Zack Kupperbusch & Adam Rehberg - Bridgestone Team 1

Elliot Mellow & Heather Arnold - Bridgestone Team 2

Pkorf & GMan79

Vortex & Hoosiermess

Nerdy_81 & Pete379

djt311 & SmiterOfPv1x

We got this Pete!!!!

@gman79 time to do some work homieeeeee

I bet @jdax is going to have a field day with this.

A show is a must for this I think!!!!!!!!!!!

1st post updated with the teams.
Didn't want to wait anymore : )

Sorry @dtj311 looks like you drew the short straw:)

Boom! This is going to be a blast x10!

Is this one where we get to choose team names? Asking for a friend. (No I’m not! I’m in this puppy, YESSSSSSSS!:))

Back