2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

Doubt Tiger is playing John Deere so it's possible. That said; meeting Fred Couples ranks higher on my list.

Freddie & Nick Price maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was able to get out today and play way more golf than I had expected. 18 this morning followed by another 18 this afternoon. Played decent and drove the ball great. Iron play was decent and short game was blahhh blaahhh blaahhh. However the putter was starting to heat up on the second 18.

I did miss some fairways but but am I glad to see distance and height back in my golf game.

Was able to get out today and play way more golf than I had expected. 18 this morning followed by another 18 this afternoon. Played decent and drove the ball great. Iron play was decent and short game was blahhh blaahhh blaahhh. However the putter was starting to heat up on the second 18.

I did miss some fairways but but am I glad to see distance and height back in my golf game.

Right back at ya partner...played through soaking wet conditions on Thursday evening. Hit balls and worked on swing today... Indoor putting while watching US Open tonight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Right back at ya partner...played through soaking wet conditions on Thursday evening. Hit balls and worked on swing today... Indoor putting while watching US Open tonight.

Thatta boy! Win or lose we will be ready to have a freaking blast!!!!

Match play round (singles) this morning as part of a season-long club event. Played well on the front and was up 3 after 9. Leaked oil on the back 9 but had a great up & down out of the bunker on #17 to win the match. Wedges game was solid today. Can't wait to see how the Tour B XW-1 wedges perform!

Our course will host the state open this year and greens keep rolling faster and faster. Hopefully, this will help the transition at Firestone.

Excited to meet the Bridgestone crew. Spent some time today checking out their social stuff. They look like they will be a blast to hang with both on the course and off.

Thatta boy! Win or lose we will be ready to have a freaking blast!!!!

Oh just knock it off fellas! Lol

I don’t have time for much of this practicing crap. I’ll be playing 36 (at minimum) the week leading into it, but right now I’m just trying to survive.

I’m going to stick with the theory that a lot of my lifetime best rounds, I’ve gone in a little rusty.

I’ve been swinging a weighted club trainer to just try and keep my swing speed up a couple dozen times a night. I haven’t even had time to get out the SuperSpeed sticks. No worries, point me in the direction of the tee box and tell me, let’s go! I’ll be ready.

And if not, I’ll be ready to have a blast. That much I’m planning on regardless of what kind of golfer I am at the event.

I plan to play well. But if it’s not there (and that’s usually a hole by hole thing for me), I will guarantee that I’m 100% event ready and will bring the fun. I can’t guarantee that I’ll end the event with the same number of Bridgestone balls that I start with.

I’ve never carried one, but are ball retrievers allowed? :)

Excited to meet the Bridgestone crew. Spent some time today checking out their social stuff. They look like they will be a blast to hang with both on the course and off.

Count me in on that! I can’t wait until they kick my butt all over the course, but the chance to play against them is exciting. It’s going to be a culture shock all the way around for me. I’m used to being the best golfer in the group and having to take a driver type swing at an uphill 20ft putt. Slow doesn’t even begin to describe the greens I’m used to. I’m truly scared of the greens at Firestone, lol.

I won’t be the best golfer and I’ll have to learn to putt on real greens. I’ve putted on them before so that part should be doable. It’s been a long time since I haven’t been the best golfer in the group. I’m not even very good but my usual playing partners are even not gooder. My middle son gives me a run for the money anymore, but he has a mental block playing against me, ha.

Oh just knock it off fellas! Lol

I don’t have time for much of this practicing crap. I’ll be playing 36 (at minimum) the week leading into it, but right now I’m just trying to survive.

I’m going to stick with the theory that a lot of my lifetime best rounds, I’ve gone in a little rusty.

I’ve been swinging a weighted club trainer to just try and keep my swing speed up a couple dozen times a night. I haven’t even had time to get out the SuperSpeed sticks. No worries, point me in the direction of the tee box and tell me, let’s go! I’ll be ready.

And if not, I’ll be ready to have a blast. That much I’m planning on regardless of what kind of golfer I am at the event.

I plan to play well. But if it’s not there (and that’s usually a hole by hole thing for me), I will guarantee that I’m 100% event ready and will bring the fun. I can’t guarantee that I’ll end the event with the same number of Bridgestone balls that I start with.

I’ve never carried one, but are ball retrievers allowed? :)

The good news for Bridgestone Operations is every time I step onto the course there's a high probability of burning through a sleeve of balls. Today was better than average...only two in the water. Oh well, just bought 4 dozen RX so I should be good until the event. :D

Let’s go boys!!

3c8793b4932ebdc5c9daf39b13be50a2.jpg

It looks juicy for sure... I’ll get some coverage tee’d up for this one... Going to need the caps of the players.

Has this happened yet? I’m fifty posts behind.

Yeah we assigned teams and caps were given.

Yeah we assigned teams and caps were given.

The event is mid July... One month out.

Not yet... I’m working on The Ben Hogan Experience at the moment...

Nice! Love seeing when teams are announced!

1st post updated with the teams.
Didn't want to wait anymore : )

Awesome!

The Teams
Nerdy_81 & Pete379

We got this Pete!!!!

No doubt brother

Most current update: 15.2

Strengths: Decently long. Hitting the correct green from the wrong fairway. Pretty confident with a wedge. Chipping is usually ok. Putting is the best part of my game.

Weaknesses: Tight courses. I can be a bit of a sprayer. Will lose a ball or 3 per round. Take too many risks. Can make 4 pars in a row and then completely forget how to golf for a couple holes.

We'll work on that. Look forward to it man. Ill get my info posted here shortly.

Well gentlemen, I'm in recovery from our invitational this weekend. I only played ok but it was a lot of fun and kind of a nice set up for Firestone, in keeping a positive attitude despite some struggles on the course. That should be easy, this seems like a fun group already.

Not unrelated, I'm no longer open for tequila shots at 10 AM, regardless of the chaser...

double post

Well gentlemen, I'm in recovery from our invitational this weekend. I only played ok but it was a lot of fun and kind of a nice set up for Firestone, in keeping a positive attitude despite some struggles on the course. That should be easy, this seems like a fun group already.

Not unrelated, I'm no longer open for tequila shots at 10 AM, regardless of the chaser...

Was is a go big or go home kind of day? Tequila shots at 10 is bold move.

Just so you know, I'm a hard pass on this one too. I played in a charity event last week and they had Two Ginger drinks (whiskey, ginger ale and a lime wedge) after the 5th hole. Those are tasty beverages but will likely forego one until the Firestone clubhouse after our round.

Was is a go big or go home kind of day? Tequila shots at 10 is bold move.

Just so you know, I'm a hard pass on this one too. I played in a charity event last week and they had Two Ginger drinks (whiskey, ginger ale and a lime wedge) after the 5th hole. Those are tasty beverages but will likely forego one until the Firestone clubhouse after our round.

I hadn't really intended it to be, I....Well I knew it would be but I didn't want to go that big. It's a fun event, Thurs-Sat, and it might have been rougher than it needed to be.

I'm normally a couple beers every nine holes or so kinda guy, just to take the edge off and loosen up a touch. Now that our big tournament is over I'll get back to that. I did have a chip in on Saturday so that was nice.

I hadn't really intended it to be, I....Well I knew it would be but I didn't want to go that big. It's a fun event, Thurs-Sat, and it might have been rougher than it needed to be.

I'm normally a couple beers every nine holes or so kinda guy, just to take the edge off and loosen up a touch. Now that our big tournament is over I'll get back to that. I did have a chip in on Saturday so that was nice.

giphy.gif

This is a big prep week for the Bridgestone Championship. I'm playing in a Pro-Am on Wednesday afternoon. Very curious to see how my index travels to another challenging course. Apparently I agreed to participate in a semi-serious skins game too. My pro said to bring extra money for the game. Ok!

I've been training for Thursday and Friday. It's the Summer Solstice and we're celebrating with a two day trip to Sand Valley. Three rounds each day. The course is about three hours from my house. We're departing Thursday morning at 4:00. First tee time is 8:20. We expect to finish the third round around 8:15 - 8:30 PM. We're staying at the resort and repeating the same drill on Friday. First round is 6:30 AM. We're driving home after the third round.

This trip is going to leave a mark. If it doesn't kill you, then it will make you stronger!!! At least that's the story right now. :bulgy-eyes:

My Bridgestone carry bag is going to get a serious workout. I'll post some photos.

Sunday is another 36. First round is 4 ball match play event. Second round is fun with friends. The good news is I walk 99% of my rounds and this led to dropping 10 lbs in the last 6-7 weeks. Can I lose 5 more this week!?!?

Have you guys received your wedges yet? Or will you get them at the event?

No wedges yet. I imagine at the event... They teased a giveaway on their gram account for the XW-1s...

I use scratch wedges and bought a RTX 3 a while back - RTX 3 is sooooo heavy, wondering how these will compare to scratch.

Back