Meet Your 2019 Grandaddy Team

So who's the cougar bait this year? Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

i'm not familiar with their preferred prey. my money is on snickerdog right now.

Zack is the youngin of the group so far. I'd place my bets on him. I predict they'll go as young as they can right off the bat.

2008076744f3c40b2e9a08945b287c79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Total Cougar bait! He's no Mr. SoS but I think he will get some attention at the Nest!

We will be sharing that one.
We better make sure they're driving a minivan then, cause I don't plan on letting the nest derail me!

Zack is the youngin of the group so far. I'd place my bets on him. I predict they'll go as young as they can right off the bat.

2008076744f3c40b2e9a08945b287c79.jpg

Maybe if he stops shaving and doesn’t cut his hair until post Grandaddy, this one has a chance at survival. That being said, might as well start the GoFundMe now for the search and rescue costs.

Maybe @jdax can reach out to a bookie and get us some odds on him making it out okay.

Someone make sure he's hydrated before going to The Nest that night. He's going to need it.

Great thread. It's good to put a face with the names of some guys that have helped me out in my time here.

What is worse, being selected early and having months and months of prep and waiting, OR Being selected last and cramming the prep in but not having 6+ months of anticipation?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What is worse, being selected early and having months and months of prep and waiting, OR Being selected last and cramming the prep in but not having 6+ months of anticipation?

I fell right in the middle for the most part. It still feels like it is taking forever for the days to go by.

You always want to be first, but I could see how many would lose so much sleep with the anticipation of what's to become. I can image the adrenaline level just spikes every time each of you sees a post or just simply think about golf. Sleeping would be very difficult as you play each day out in your head every night.

You always want to be first, but I could see how many would lose so much sleep with the anticipation of what's to become. I can image the adrenaline level just spikes every time each of you sees a post or just simply think about golf. Sleeping would be very difficult as you play each day out in your head every night.

When I had previously witnessed people post about how they think of this event everyday, I quietly thought, "really? every day?" Now I understand.

i think the only time you can put the words "worse" and "grandaddy" in the same sentence is as follows: what is worse, saying goodbye to everyone on the last day, or the first day back to work when you realize it's all over?

i think the only time you can put the words "worse" and "grandaddy" in the same sentence is as follows: what is worse, saying goodbye to everyone on the last day, or the first day back to work when you realize it's all over?
Well of course, I suppose there are different ways to say it

Maybe if he stops shaving and doesn’t cut his hair until post Grandaddy, this one has a chance at survival. That being said, might as well start the GoFundMe now for the search and rescue costs.

Maybe @jdax can reach out to a bookie and get us some odds on him making it out okay.

Sorry fellas, I already found my cougar and married her. 3 months older still counts as a cougar right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had previously witnessed people post about how they think of this event everyday, I quietly thought, "really? every day?" Now I understand.

It doesn't stop once the event is over either. I think every single day since the event ended something has happened that made me think about it.

So who's the cougar bait this year? Lol

Not to pander, but if someone can stuff me into their checked luggage, I'll fall on a cougarnade for the team, my wife will understand.

It doesn't stop once the event is over either. I think every single day since the event ended something has happened that made me think about it.
This is no joke. Not a day goes by that I don't talk or think about the event and I miss you guys like hell!

This year will be 3 years for me and I still use my GD bag daily, still carry my GD backpack as my primary laptop & overnight bag, still wear my GD shirts & hats to golf in...I'm still angry at my dog for chewing up my favorite Hideaway hat (the only one in the pro shop in my size ie big enough to fit a basketball)...I still tell the randoms I tee it up with.

I have to say that I have been totally fine waiting since contest 2. No problem there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well of course, I suppose there are different ways to say it

pretty much what jourdan just said. for the sheer opportunity to be a part of it, i can't imagine there is a bad time to get that call!

but i will say, although the grandaddy does have a competition with the most coveted belt in all of sports on the line each year, the competition is one (some would say smaller) piece of the larger opportunity and experience. i say that because for other events that are more heavily focused on the competition, i can see how it might be more beneficial to get called up with some advanced notice to give you time to practice and get your game where you want it to be. personally, i don't think that applies to the grandaddy, but that's just my take.

pretty much what jourdan just said. for the sheer opportunity to be a part of it, i can't imagine there is a bad time to get that call!

but i will say, although the grandaddy does have a competition with the most coveted belt in all of sports on the line each year, the competition is one (some would say smaller) piece of the larger opportunity and experience. i say that because for other events that are more heavily focused on the competition, i can see how it might be more beneficial to get called up with some advanced notice to give you time to practice and get your game where you want it to be. personally, i don't think that applies to the grandaddy, but that's just my take.
All the insight is wonderful, from an outside standpoint it appears that camaraderie is the #1 aspect of the Grandaddy and there is nothing wrong with that.

Hard call.

I was the last contest winner last year, I’m lucky enough to have good enough weather that I was able to keep prepping until we left. So it wasn’t an issue for me, not having months of anticipation was cool, but I think the anticipation is a big part of the event, so....I lean towards being picked early in the year, being best, and being picked later being relegated to “better” status. You get more time getting to know the majority of the team.

Being picked at all is awesome though, if I had to do it again I don’t really care where you pick me. Just pick me.

I've seen the thread lengths on the Grandaddy events. For me to go through them to fully learn from other's experiences, I'd want to be considered for 2022.

Back