Cleveland CBX Wedges

Going off memory they are .355 taper.

that was my guess but wanted someone to confirm.

Thanks guys!

Come on Cleveland, money in hand, in-patiently waiting for the new CBX wedges!

* They have started their products have a 2 year rotation period & a lot of their products are on sale now. Others in here have herd a few rumors as well.

Thanks to a mistake at a local shop yesterday....I had the next release in hand.

Thanks to a mistake at a local shop yesterday....I had the next release in hand.

Agree, Please do tell ! Was it still the CBX name or CBX 2? look feel, etc. Did they say a release date?

Do tell...

Agree, Please do tell ! Was it still the CBX name or CBX 2? look feel, etc. Did they say a release date?

While I don't have an NDA, I don't want to giveaway too much because I know they are still under embargo. I snapped some pics and when load them at the appropriate time.

To me, the profile looked sleeker and I thought the sole gave a bit more heel relief.

We will have all of the info everybody needs come Monday morning on the THP Home Page, including in hand pics and a full tech breakdown.

While I don't have an NDA, I don't want to giveaway too much because I know they are still under embargo. I snapped some pics and when load them at the appropriate time.

To me, the profile looked sleeker and I thought the sole gave a bit more heel relief.

I like the sound of this. I loved these wedges when I played them, and I’d game them again in a heartbeat.

We will have all of the info everybody needs come Monday morning on the THP Home Page, including in hand pics and a full tech breakdown.

Perfect, I will probably get my 2 current model CBXs back from getting reshafted (2 be fair they were both busted but still) on monday.

Thought I posted this earlier but must have forgot to hit submit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link has been removed from above post as that site has been asked to take down the article and offered to comply.

Link has been removed from above post as that site has been asked to take down the article and offered to comply.

Gotcha my bad. I thought it was from Golf Digest.

Nice my 58 is worn out and needs replacing. This is good timing!

Is there any other club info coming from Cleveland on Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was kind of hoping I'd be done with club purchases for 2019, but if Cleveland somehow found a way to improve on the CBX wedges, I'll be in for 2 (if not 3).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just received the email "Something Big is coming! The next generation of forgiveness 40 years of short game design and leadership REIMAGINED Stay tuned 07.29.19"

I own CBX 50 52 54 and 60. Didn’t see anything in CBX2 that really leaps out and makes me want to replace any version 1 models

BobA;n8621846 said:
I own CBX 50 52 54 and 60. Didn’t see anything in CBX2 that really leaps out and makes me want to replace any version 1 models

I agree. All of the reviews on the original CBX said the sole grinds were plenty versatile, but now for the new release all the same reviewers are saying the originals weren't versatile enough... $74 for certified pre-owned original CBX on global golf vs. $140 for a new CBX 2. I think I know my decision.

agdickson;n8875438 said:
I agree. All of the reviews on the original CBX said the sole grinds were plenty versatile, but now for the new release all the same reviewers are saying the originals weren't versatile enough... $74 for certified pre-owned original CBX on global golf vs. $140 for a new CBX 2. I think I know my decision.

Or $85 brand new from Budget Golf with the THP Coupon. #FreshGrooves #NoSweatyHands :D

I am in the camp that prefers the CBX 2 and I have numerous posts in this thread talking about how the original CBX had plenty of versatility.

Been thinking about these lately. My greenside play has been atrocious with my MD4's and I'm ready to admit I need all the short game help I can get. Pondering a 58 to use from sand and greenside rough.

Anyone with a shallow AOA having good luck with these? I had a hard time with RTX3 off tight lies.

JB;n8875447 said:
Or $85 brand new from Budget Golf with the THP Coupon. #FreshGrooves #NoSweatyHands :D

I am in the camp that prefers the CBX 2 and I have numerous posts in this thread talking about how the original CBX had plenty of versatility.
I wonder if some of it is a mental block, a player sees the thicker sole and assumes they can't use it in a variety of situations. I personally can vouch for the versatility of the original CBX. I understand that the thicker sole can scare some people away, but I've never had a problem hitting it out of tight lies, or opening the face up a smidge on reasonable FW grass. That said, I'm not going to attempt a flop off of the hardpan or anything... but I probably shouldn't do that anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rallo;n8875530 said:
I wonder if some of it is a mental block, a player sees the thicker sole and assumes they can't use it in a variety of situations. I personally can vouch for the versatility of the original CBX. I understand that the thicker sole can scare some people away, but I've never had a problem hitting it out of tight lies, or opening the face up a smidge on reasonable FW grass. That said, I'm not going to attempt a flop off of the hardpan or anything... but I probably shouldn't do that anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think so. I also think a variety of media outlets put that info out there, without either trying it, or making the assumption. Can it be opened and closed? Sure can. As much as some muscle back wedges out there with heel relief and such? No. With that said, a few of those traditional designs suffer from an ease of variety through manipulation, and then have a very rounded leading edge that takes some of it away (in my opinion). Sole width, rounder leading edge, more mass, etc all offer more forgiveness.

JB;n8875538 said:
I think so. I also think a variety of media outlets put that info out there, without either trying it, or making the assumption. Can it be opened and closed? Sure can. As much as some muscle back wedges out there with heel relief and such? No. With that said, a few of those traditional designs suffer from an ease of variety through manipulation, and then have a very rounded leading edge that takes some of it away (in my opinion). Sole width, rounder leading edge, more mass, etc all offer more forgiveness.

This is all comparative. My old CBX I could open slightly without worrying, but it was a completely different beast to a C-Grind MD4 for instance. For anyone who wants to chip a shot over a golf bag from two yards away, or a tight bunker, you really couldn’t try it with a CBX, whereas a 64* MD4 you can hit your own forehead.

Personally I wouldn’t dream of getting a 58, 60 or 64 in the CBX, I did try a 56 as it happens but found that a bit limited. I do definitely see the benefits in a 50 or 52, in fact I’m almost certainly going to get one of those as a full shot 100y club, with a graphite shaft.

I just preordered a new CBX 2 60* this morning. I love my RTX 4 58, but I tend to use the 54* more than it. I am going to experiment with a KBS 2 Hi Rev shaft too.

Back