UST Mamiya Recoil SMACWRAP Review Thread

Consider going 780 and having them softstepped. That’s what I did to get somewhere in between.

That's good advice. I'm very happy I went with the 780s for the extra 10 grams. Much more comfortable with that weight.

This thread is music to my elbow.

I'm having all sorts of trouble timing the Smacwrap in my F8 hybrid.

Why do you think that is? Too light? Too heavy? I’m considering putting this in my G410 4h but I’m not sure which we’ll get I want to use. I have the 780 in my irons but I can’t decide if I want the 780 or 760 in my 4h to lead into my Rogue X 3h.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Callaway custom recoil limitation- why?

Callaway custom recoil limitation- why?

Does anyone know why Callaway only offers the 780 smacwrap Recoil in stiff flex?

Does anyone know why Callaway only offers the 780 smacwrap Recoil in stiff flex?

Has to do with controlling weights and inventory offered.

I ordered my Epic Forged with 780 ES SmacWrap F4 Soft Stepped. Get the weight with Lighter flex

Why do you think that is? Too light? Too heavy? I’m considering putting this in my G410 4h but I’m not sure which we’ll get I want to use. I have the 780 in my irons but I can’t decide if I want the 780 or 760 in my 4h to lead into my Rogue X 3h.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really not sure but it's a similar weight and mid flex that I played previously. I hit my AXE Xcaliber shaft great but I've never had this much trouble with a shaft, spraying it all over course. I've come to the point that I don't even want to pull it out of my bag.

Does anyone know if UST plans on putting Smac Wrap in the Recoil 95s?

I have the 780 ES Smac Wrap shafts and they are amazing, except for the fact that I need a heavier shaft.

I have the 780 ES Smac Wrap shafts and they are amazing, except for the fact that I need a heavier shaft.

Not currently.

I have been chosen to review the Recoil ES 780 ES with SMACWRAP.

I currently play Wilson Staff C200 irons, shafted with KBS Tour 90 stiff shafts for most of the season, and UST Mamiya ES 780 F4 shafts later in the season.

From an iron shaft, I am looking for a stable feel, with higher, straighter ball flight. This was something the Recoils brought versus the steel KBS Tour shafts. Vibration was still an issue at times.

Out of this testing, I hope to see the consistent ball flight I have liked from Recoil shafts, with even better vibration response.

I stopped by my house today before a meeting and was surprised with a box on the doorstep.

The shafts are absolutely stunning. The lower end of the shaft has the same brilliant chrome like finish seen on the rest of the ES line, with a different paint job at the butt end of the shaft, highlighting the inclusion of SMACWRAP.

I received 7 parallel tipped shafts for my 4 iron through pitching wedge, and a special taper tipped wedge shaft for the gap wedge. Puller and shims are on their way, so I hope for installation this week.

fbb98fc0d3292a87cd73e344d9eac7bd.jpg
72c61948db922e970ddec5c6cf226cc2.jpg
b25e952ce17461c4839cdc646a6b47e5.jpg
hi i am looking for a shaft for my new irons, my ss driver: 90mph, currently i play nippon nspro950s, you had kbs tour90s and recoil 780f4, what do you think which of these shafts is closer, similar to nippon950s? (it's about stiffness)
thank

I played Smacwrap’s in the 86g and I too had previously played steelfibre 95 and Recoil 95. I like/needed a little bit more weight so I went back to the recoil 95s in my next two sets of irons. I didn’t find any difference personally from a feel perspective between the Smacwrap & the Recoil 95 so give them a test.

Just ordered a set of these in 780 ES f3 for my Cobra RAD OL. I have played 2 rounds and a couple of range sessions so far. I’m coming from a set of Aldila Synergy 60 IR in my Callaway Rogues. These shafts do an excellent job of providing feel while isolating unwanted vibrations on poorly hit swings. Feel is excellent. And I no longer get any elbow jarring feedback on Mis-hits. They seem to play stiffer than the flex indicates- but not in a bad way.

Am I the only one who felt the SW play stiffer than its predecessor?
I feel I may need to soft step them once to get the same feel as the ES.
Anyone else...

Just ordered a set of these in 780 ES f3 for my Cobra RAD OL. I have played 2 rounds and a couple of range sessions so far. I’m coming from a set of Aldila Synergy 60 IR in my Callaway Rogues. These shafts do an excellent job of providing feel while isolating unwanted vibrations on poorly hit swings. Feel is excellent. And I no longer get any elbow jarring feedback on Mis-hits. They seem to play stiffer than the flex indicates- but not in a bad way.
I replaced the Synergy's in my Rogues to 780 F4 SmacWraps soft stepped 2x .
I notice a difference in feel and accuracy - Great Shaft!

Guess I should SStep x1 on the SW R's to feel or play like the previous 760ES's.
Or look at the MMT's.

Very happy to have found this and a couple other threads on the SmacWrap. Good info here. Nice jobs on the reviews.

Back