2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

I've been following the looking for testers thread and just made it back over to this one and saw the prices and about fell out of my chair. At $60 it's a no brainer for someone who loves to experiment with shafts. Also, really curious about the hybrid shaft as I'm itching to try something different in my f7.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

These look pretty sharp in hand! The paint job is slightly textured and almost pearlescent. The graphics nearly wrap around the shaft, so there doesn't seem to be a way to go "logo down" if that's your thing. Although the V2s and the flying chevron pattern could make for a nice alignment aid if installed that way IMO.
fd529060a5543a2dfacb615efb3ff10a.jpg
3c29c6eaeb062d4bf95db6617595065a.jpg
d1578a01495ef2e06c15a22e6caaa586.jpg
Love the look of these! It's crazy how many good players I know that still play the OG V2. I'm thinking with the refresh, I'll be able to convince them to switch.

These look pretty sharp in hand! The paint job is slightly textured and almost pearlescent. The graphics nearly wrap around the shaft, so there doesn't seem to be a way to go "logo down" if that's your thing. Although the V2s and the flying chevron pattern could make for a nice alignment aid if installed that way IMO.
fd529060a5543a2dfacb615efb3ff10a.jpg
3c29c6eaeb062d4bf95db6617595065a.jpg
d1578a01495ef2e06c15a22e6caaa586.jpg

These look a lot cooler than I thought! Pretty sexy looking.

Is the red on the HL version more of a neon red ?

These are not counterbalanced are they ?

Really like the look of this shaft and will definitely be buying one if I'm not lucky enough to be selected. @Danny....watch your phone. HA!

I keep coming back to this thread. That 6F4 and 6F5 driver shaft option....I know a place in Wichita that's a UST dealer and a golf buddy/co-worker who goes there all the time. I might need to send him with some cash, and have them tip and grip one of those for me, but which one?

Danny...would you recommend going with an S or X flex with an average swing speed of around 105? I feel like I could comfortably go either way, but would love some imput.

Quick/normal/slow tempo? Transition?
Typical launch and spin numbers with your current driver shaft?

Danny

Danny
My transition from the top down is normal/strong and I have a really strong wrist hinge. There is no cast/flip in my swing. It's not Sergio like, but better than 90° into the unloading zone.

Typically launch is around 14° and spin is usually around 2500 or less.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My transition from the top down is normal/strong and I have a really strong wrist hinge. There is no cast/flip in my swing. It's not Sergio like, but better than 90° into the unloading zone.

Typically launch is around 14° and spin is usually around 2500 or less.

X straight in.

Danny

X straight in.

Danny
Thanks Danny! That's why you're the man! I appreciate your help. Hope I get a chance to meet you in person sometime soon. Always enjoy the Shaft Up Events.

Danny

Since I don't know some of this for my swing, can I just come to you and have you figure it all out for me and then tell me what to play? :alien:

Can't wait to see some reviews on these new shafts.

Since I don't know some of this for my swing, can I just come to you and have you figure it all out for me and then tell me what to play? :alien:

Can't wait to see some reviews on these new shafts.

Yes.

Danny

Maybe down the road!?!?

Danny

Danny -- are there any alternate shaft color options? Thinking a murdered-out (BLACK...) V2 sure would link up with my M2 well, and at $79.99, it's just a matter of time before I come pick one up from you!!!

Same graphics with a subtle black to dark red :drool:

Same graphics with a subtle black to dark red :drool:
You got the same idea as me.... Now THAT would be a mean-ass combo of design and technology!

Who am I kidding tho, I just want a V2 and would be happy no matter the color combo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe down the road!?!?

Danny

Danny -- are there any alternate shaft color options? Thinking a murdered-out (BLACK...) V2 sure would link up with my M2 well, and at $79.99, it's just a matter of time before I come pick one up from you!!!

You got the same idea as me.... Now THAT would be a mean-ass combo of design and technology!

Who am I kidding tho, I just want a V2 and would be happy no matter the color combo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Great looking stick regardless, can't wait to see the performance of this one. I had the V2 and it was a bomber in my old Cleveland Hibore.

These graphics just don't get old. Everytime I see them they still have that eye catching appeal! I can't wait to see the reviews start funneling in.

Just used some ebay bucks towards one of the new hybrid shafts to try. Should be a fun experiment in the f7. Maybe I'll be lucky and get to test one of the wood shafts as well.

I'm beyond stoked to get the opportunity to test out the 6F4! A medium launch is what I would consider ideal for my game and being someone that only carries driver around 225-230 I can definitely use all the ball speed I can muster. Recently with the driver I have a nice 2 way miss going where I either hit a hard mid launch pull or will hit a high block push. Excited to see what this can do for me in the control department....going into the F8 head very soon.

I'm beyond stoked to get the opportunity to test out the 6F4! A medium launch is what I would consider ideal for my game and being someone that only carries driver around 225-230 I can definitely use all the ball speed I can muster. Recently with the driver I have a nice 2 way miss going where I either hit a hard mid launch pull or will hit a high block push. Excited to see what this can do for me in the control department....going into the F8 head very soon.

Seems like you typed this to describe both of us..haha. I am super pumped to test the same shaft as well!

Very exited to be selected to test this shaft (6F4). This will be going into my GBB. Currently playing old school Matrix Radix HD6 in stiff.

Very exited to be selected to test this shaft (6F4). This will be going into my GBB. Currently playing old school Matrix Radix HD6 in stiff.
Selections were made dude.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

do you have an f7, too? I'd be interested to see those two side by side with this shaft

I get to test the 5F3 HL so it should be pretty fun!!!! I am playing a stiff Diaman M+ green right now so looking forward to comparing these. I have never hit or played a shaft like this before.

So THP and UST are sending these brand new shafts out to 12 lucky THP'ers to do some testing and provide feedback here for the forum. What heads will everyone be installing them into? Already figured out what length you'll be playing at? Doing the shaft work yourself?

As for me, going into the F8 head and doing the work myself (adapter arrived yesterday). Will be going down a little bit on the length but starting off longer than what I'm playing now as I've always shortened driver for better results but know that I leave a little distance on the table doing that so want to see if I can play more of a standard length with this one.

@Jman (2 different shafts)
@RNG - 5F2 HL
@Sox Fan - 6F4
@#Cookie - 6F4
@Snickerdog - 5F3 HL
@The_Dude - 6F4
@mjkladis - 5F3 HL
@mancest - 6F4
@JohnSinVA - 6F4
@tequila4kapp - 6F4 HL
@ButterPutter - 6F4
@Stryker - 5F3 HL