2019 5th Annual California Classic (Unofficial)

2019 5th Annual California Classic (Unofficial)

• Northern California

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Central California

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Southern California

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't know how many golf trips I'll be able to attend next year but the Tahoe trip is definitely a higher priority for me than this. Would be awesome to do both.

While I appreciate it... the Cali Classic MUST go on so hopefully you will be able to attend this one. Also getting married is overrated!

Ok so it looks like we are going back to La Purisima and Monarch Dunes! (according to the polls)
Next... Let's figure out the "When".

Hey if we only get 2 guys to a side that gives a crap about continuing this event is fine by me. I enjoy seeing everyone and trying to play some semi-competitive golf by my shoddy standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the trophy looks very festive this holiday season!

b0e6b1dfdd9c2f0c9b1bdac309de5185.jpg

But, something's missing...

e5750944f06f750ee1162f6641d4e9be.jpg

That's more like it.

Happy Holidays everyone!

And a special 2018 salute to Team SoCal: @sandiegonative @mike27t @ken_h @Papatortuga @Schanker @CenturyHack @Wonton @icorso @Galen Marek @pmm21 @Alez367

Looking forward to defending next year. :act-up:

Last edited:
Damn that looks good!!! Happy holidays guys

Happy Holidays Everyone!

It does look good. Enjoy it while you can, it's heading North where it belongs soon.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's more like it.

Happy Holidays everyone!

And a special 2018 salute to Team SoCal: @sandiegonative @mike27t @ken_h @Papatortuga @Schanker @CenturyHack @Wonton @icorso @Galen Marek @pmm21 @Alez367

That looks so freakin good. Well done Greg!!!

That's more like it.

Happy Holidays everyone!

:tongue:

That's more like it.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Trophy looks great! Depending on the dates I’m really looking forward to this one and seeing everyone again

Sorry for the lateness, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for a great weekend. Looking forward to next year already. If anyone is ever in the south orange county area, let me know and we'll meet up and play.

Im in Laguna Niguel. Let me know if you ever want to get a round in. Might be a little tough the next few months my gf just got ankle surgery so I’m watching the kids until they start school again

That's more like it.

Happy Holidays everyone!

That is an awesome addition to the trophy!

I can't wait to defend the trophy. Spring or Summer, I'm in. Central Coast is no problem for me.

Unfortunately I’m going to have to back out of this one fellas. Count me in once I’m back in Cali in 2020!!!

Unfortunately I’m going to have to back out of this one fellas. Count me in once I’m back in Cali in 2020!!!

And part of team SoCal!!!

Maybe we have to think about taking a year off from this event and trying again in 2020. I know it's still very early and we just had one in November, but I am finally starting to see whatever interest there once was in this event is coming to an abrupt halt. The norcal board is pretty much toast over the last year and socal isn't much better. Either guys like to talk about their games more than play it or they prefer to play with their own buddies. Sucks for guys like me who enjoy playing in other areas and meeting up. Maybe it's just time for me to grow up also.

Sorry if I've been quiet but I'm sure like most were getting over the holidays. Have we set dates yet? I'm looking forward to this and want to make sure I add to my calendar.

I'd be interested in playing in this. Depending on time of year, I should be able to travel wherever.

Maybe we have to think about taking a year off from this event and trying again in 2020. I know it's still very early and we just had one in November, but I am finally starting to see whatever interest there once was in this event is coming to an abrupt halt. The norcal board is pretty much toast over the last year and socal isn't much better. Either guys like to talk about their games more than play it or they prefer to play with their own buddies. Sucks for guys like me who enjoy playing in other areas and meeting up. Maybe it's just time for me to grow up also.

I’m up for this year, the current plan is central coast so that makes it very easy for me. I’m still eyeing the Tahoe event, depending on how things shake out over the next month or so with summer plans. I’m sure a lot of people are also trying to get into THP events so interest will either pick up or dwindle as the lucky participants are announced.

I missed most of last year. Played in the spring for NorCal, played in Tahoe, managed a prep round (I think) before the W/S event and then at the W/S event. So, 6 maybe 7 rounds total? Hopefully this year will be better.

I would hate to see our event go away, even for a year. It's possible that the silence around here is due to the holidays?

And part of team SoCal!!!

Hicksta as a free agent is probably the only way SoCal will win again...

I'm still around and ready to rumble. As long as my work schedule permits. When are we planning on doing this?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hi,

In July, I committed to flying out to Tahoe to Adam (openingday). I do plan on flying out to Tahoe to play.

The only weekend I can’t fly out is July 26-28.

Ok so it looks like we are going back to La Purisima and Monarch Dunes! (according to the polls)
Next... Let's figure out the "When".

Has the "When" been figured out yet? It is getting close to March...

Time to shake the cobwebs loose on this thread!

My read on things is we know there is a Tahoe event the first weekend in August and we want this to happen some time apart from that event.

Is it too late to get this into shape for a spring event? If so, do we push until fall like last year? Paging @Wonton for some new polling action!

Personally, I have lots of stuff going on through May, so I'm inclined to do a fall repeat. But if we can get it together, I'm game.

Back