Calling all Carolinians

Trout, where are your favorite "regular" courses to play in Charleston?

I like Stono Ferry, River Towne, Charleston National, and Dunes west quite a bit, but honestly I drive to myrtle to play mostly. My son lives up there and we meet on weekends in Pawleys island.

I don't care if you shoot a 130 or a 67. If you have a friendly/positive attitude, you can always ride with me man!

Well, on the course I try to control my language (I'm prior military and still work with them so my language can be colorful at times), I don't throw clubs, and I don't get mad at my game when it goes south. I'll normally laugh it off because the shot is so absurd or funny.

Sounds like a good thing to do, play somewhere sometime some weekend in Sc.

Sounds like my seven-shot lay-up to the green on a par 4 a few weeks ago. I found the fairway of both holes next to the one I was playing.
Well, on the course I try to control my language (I'm prior military and still work with them so my language can be colorful at times), I don't throw clubs, and I don't get mad at my game when it goes south. I'll normally laugh it off because the shot is so absurd or funny.

Sounds like a good thing to do, play somewhere sometime some weekend in Sc.

Sounds like my seven-shot lay-up to the green on a par 4 a few weeks ago. I found the fairway of both holes next to the one I was playing.
I think that's going around a lot lately. One hole last week, I topped six shots in a row, after failing to get off the tee very well. It happens!

Got my practice round in today at Lonnie Poole some good some bad. I will be there a touch early tomorrow to hit the range and putt a little. Can't wait to see/meet everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My honey do list was a mile long today ... the things I will do to golf. Will also get there early. Drive safely folks.

Have fun tomorrow guys. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Got my practice round in today at Lonnie Poole some good some bad. I will be there a touch early tomorrow to hit the range and putt a little. Can't wait to see/meet everyone.

How is that course? Was at NC State today to watch a high school state football game and wanted to play it but couldn't get to Raleigh early enough to play a round. Want to play it really bad though

I'm planning on being there around 9 myself.

How is that course? Was at NC State today to watch a high school state football game and wanted to play it but couldn't get to Raleigh early enough to play a round. Want to play it really bad though

I love it. Can be as long (7300) or as short as you want as they have a good amount of tees to choose from. The best part I think is it has challenge at any distance you play it at. The negative is that it is pricy however you can find deal on golfnow etc in the winter time.

Deuce has also played it I am sure he can give you some insight as well. I was a member there for a couple years however moved a bit farther away so dropped my membership. Still play there a good amount though

I love it. Can be as long (7300) or as short as you want as they have a good amount of tees to choose from. The best part I think is it has challenge at any distance you play it at. The negative is that it is pricy however you can find deal on golfnow etc in the winter time.

Cool. I live about 2.5 hours east of Raleigh so hopefully I can get out there for a round soon

Is the course at Knight's Play any good?

Cool. I live about 2.5 hours east of Raleigh so hopefully I can get out there for a round soon
Going to try to get up there in Jan for a round. It's a lovely course. Environmentally it's a gem and a perfect example of how a course should work with the land.

Going to try to get up there in Jan for a round. It's a lovely course. Environmentally it's a gem and a perfect example of how a course should work with the land.
Let me know. Maybe we can get a group out there

Is the course at Knight's Play any good?

Fun par 3 course 27 holes and you can play under the lights. My buddies and I do it a few times each spring /summer on a Friday night have a few beverages (otherwise I rarely drink on the course) and just have a good time

Im leaving Columbia around 6am, as I as well want to hit the range.

You've actually met me before at the Hilton Head Invitational.

Cool, I was thinking to try and get out there tomorrow sometime.
Fun par 3 course 27 holes and you can play under the lights. My buddies and I do it a few times each spring /summer on a Friday night have a few beverages (otherwise I rarely drink on the course) and just have a good time

Im leaving Columbia around 6am, as I as well want to hit the range.

You've actually met me before at the Hilton Head Invitational.
Hopefully I remember once I see you if not my apologies I am awful with names but usually remember faces

I'll be the bald guy, although I'll be wearing a hat, with a half white goatie. Black Taylormade bag.

Just pulled in about to head to the pro shop. Judging by what the fairways look like and the temperature I am guessing we will have a frost delay.

Have fun today guys

Back