Tomorrow is Pioneer day. Anybody up for some golf ? It will be busy.

Shot a 99 at the Eagle City Amateur at Ranches. Horrible start. Shanked first drive on 18, which is s short par 4 and is a birdie/par hole for me for double bogey and guffed a three wood on #1 for a double #1 is a definite birdie/par hole for me. Lost ball on the second for a triple. 7 over after three holes....

Tomorrow is Pioneer day. Anybody up for some golf ? It will be busy.

Brother in Law and myself are likely gonna go play Hobble Creek Tomorrow...Have a Golf Week Amateur Tour event there first of August...Want to get a round or two in down there...

Shot a 99 at the Eagle City Amateur at Ranches. Horrible start. Shanked first drive on 18, which is s short par 4 and is a birdie/par hole for me for double bogey and guffed a three wood on #1 for a double #1 is a definite birdie/par hole for me. Lost ball on the second for a triple. 7 over after three holes....

Bounce back!! You can do it!!

Know the feeling, this weekend, playing in tournament I was down two with three to go, so got VERY aggressive on last three holes, Missed 12' Birdie putt on the 16 (Short par 5), barely missed putt on short par 3 (17), then decided to try and HAMMER drive to reach short Par 4 finish....got the distance, put it in the trees to the right, and two shots later hitting trees...I walk away with Double on the hole..

ARGHHHH!!!! :)

love competition though, and love the pressure it puts on you!!!

Anyone else playing in the Salt Lake City Open?

I’m not, I don’t play in a lot of tournaments. I do think we need to get a Utah THPer round together soon.

I’m not, I don’t play in a lot of tournaments. I do think we need to get a Utah THPer round together soon.

lets do it..

Also someone mentioned they are a member at Riverside, am playing in the Utah Open out there in a couple weeks, had a great time last year playing in it!! is a nice track

lets do it..

Also someone mentioned they are a member at Riverside, am playing in the Utah Open out there in a couple weeks, had a great time last year playing in it!! is a nice track

That is TYork. I played there with him earlier this year when we were doing shaft testing for THCE. Last I talked to him he wanted to put something together soon.

I am. Played Mnt Dell Lake course Tuesday. Never played it before. Tough course. Shot a 91, but it wasn't an honest 91. Lost eight balls.Can't drive the fairway on #4. Played Bonneville today and shot an honest 93. I have no shot unless I get all the breaks.

I would say lets play together, but you'll be in a different flight with your 4.1 handicap. I asked for an early tee tie. Registered under Truman Lancaster. want to get together and play a practice round ?

I am. Played Mnt Dell Lake course Tuesday. Never played it before. Tough course. Shot a 91, but it wasn't an honest 91. Lost eight balls.Can't drive the fairway on #4. Played Bonneville today and shot an honest 93. I have no shot unless I get all the breaks.

I would say lets play together, but you'll be in a different flight with your 4.1 handicap. I asked for an early tee tie. Registered under Truman Lancaster. want to get together and play a practice round ?

If we can let’s go for it...mine has bumped up to 6.7 right now....been playing some figure out the swing golf...

Played Mountain Dell last weekend, the first three holes are VERY intimidating, once you get past that, it gets more normal...

I work downtown, so been going to Bonneville at lunch to work on putting...

Both shortish courses, but make you hit accurately, my opinion Mountain Dell needs to be re-handicapped, it is WAY tougher Yan Murray and that is effectively what they have it rated at...

Have Golfweek amateur tour event Sunday @ Hobble Creek, so am going to try and head down tomorrow afternoon and play...

I played Mnt. Dell Lake yesterday late afternoon. OMG, I'm doomed. Shot a 103 and lost 8 balls. That course is way to hard for my game from the Blue Tees. If I could get out of it, I would, but they have my deposit. Going to try to get one more round in Friday.

I played Mnt. Dell Lake yesterday late afternoon. OMG, I'm doomed. Shot a 103 and lost 8 balls. That course is way to hard for my game from the Blue Tees. If I could get out of it, I would, but they have my deposit. Going to try to get one more round in Friday.

Yeah, I was very surprised that it is rated as low as it is...

Mountain Dell (Lake)-
  • Black Tee- 71.8/135
  • Blue Tees- 68.7/126

Bonneville-
  • Black Tees- 71.7/125
  • Blue Tees- 69.7/123

Comparative Courses I would argue are easier....

Murray Parkway-
  • Blue Tees- 71.3/120
  • White Tees- 69.2/116

River Oaks-
  • Blue Tees- 73.3/138
  • White Tees- 71.2/125

Glenmoor-
  • Black Tees- 73/127
  • Blue Tees- 71.2/126

Might be interested in a Friday round if others are...

When you start out double/triple/double and then come to #4, which I know I can't drive the fairway and am hitting 3 from the drop zone, it takes the wind out of your sails. I kept telling myself to grind, but the defeatist F it attitude is hard to get rid of.

When you start out double/triple/double and then come to #4, which I know I can't drive the fairway and am hitting 3 from the drop zone, it takes the wind out of your sails. I kept telling myself to grind, but the defeatist F it attitude is hard to get rid of.

yeah, Number 1 will play into everyones mind though, and if you can squeak through 1 and 2, Three is a nice easy Par Three (with big slope to green), then you re golden...

have to defend against worrying about 4....there is a LOT more room to the right than people realize, and yes, longer approach in, but it is either that or dropping three...

Number 4 really only requires a 160 yard carry, if you aim just left of the trees (end of car part on far side)...Granted that makes for a 190 yards approach...even if you just hit 150, and then wedge it in, you could get up and down for par or worst bogey...(this is from tips even)

you got it, just walk in with a plan that minimizes "forced shots" hit what your comfy with, and you will be fine, it is hold on for first 4 then smooth sailing...

OK, lets get a group out Friday to play...Will be a good round for us THP'ers...

I should be able to get away mid afternoon...Anyone else interested?

That was really good advice. I played again today and concentrated on playing shots I'm comfortable with. Instead of hitting my heavenwood or hybrids when the lie was not good, hoping to smack in on the green from 180-200 yards out. I hit my 6 iron all day and left myself with 50-90 yard wedge shots and was putting for par more time than not. Had 39 putts, but that mnt. Dell is a hard place to putt. Shot a 95. which still sucks. but I had a much better attitude today. I did drive it over the gully on #4.

I took Friday off. I have to umpire at Sunnyside at 6. Maybe we could meet up at Bonneville in the afternoon. I am going to play Mnt. Dell Thursday after work around 5pm and then again Friday morning. You can text /call me. dave 801-694-9015.

Great work!!! Anything that takes stress out of the game is good!!!

OK, lets get a group out Friday to play...Will be a good round for us THP'ers...

I should be able to get away mid afternoon...Anyone else interested?

I’m headed out of town this week but would be interested in some time next week.

Hey....I was in Utah today!!!! For....an hour or so lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey....I was in Utah today!!!! For....an hour or so lol

you didnt call, write, or tee it up!! how rude :)

you didnt call, write, or tee it up!! how rude :)

Yea sorry. Looked beautiful! Hope to come back some time

I booked a 12:10 tee time Friday at Mnt. Dell Lake through teeoff.com. Use promo code aug18flash. $28 with a cart.

I booked a 12:10 tee time Friday at Mnt. Dell Lake through teeoff.com. Use promo code aug18flash. $28 with a cart.

Sounds good, did you just book for yourself? Let me get through today, and will try and sign up tomorrow...

Already know that I will have to be on a couple calls (mainly listening) but as long as your ok with me having AirPods in, and being a little anti Social at times...

Sure, that will be fine. Hopefully we have a fast round. I have to off that course and in my car by 5 to get to Sunnyside

Sure, that will be fine. Hopefully we have a fast round. I have to off that course and in my car by 5 to get to Sunnyside

worst case we stop early... not the worst thing that has happened...

Back