Justin Rose to Honma?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the woods pretty quickly. The Tour World wood line may have been my favorite from last years. I really liked the driver ddec reviewed, and absolutely LOVED the hybrid.

Will be interesting to see what he shows up with at Torry. I suspect it will be Honma, but who knows for how long they'll stay in place.

No way they let him walk up to the first tee at Torry with a TM driver in hand, do they?

Iirc his contract is 10 for 10 clubs and not sure if it specified which 10 he has to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iirc his contract is 10 for 10 clubs and not sure if it specified which 10 he has to have.

Saw that as well. I wonder if like some others there are bonuses for playing more than 10. I'd assume so, but given that this is Honma's first big world player, not sure how they've worked it.

Right now he is in the testing phase with the new Honma woods. Speaking to them two days ago, they like what they have in place with the new lineup and think it is a good fit for JR (yes that sounds exactly what you would expect them to say). They let go a number of people internally as Mark builds his team and set this event up instead. Playing to some of the media that will be out there already for the Torrey event, rather than PGA Show on this coast. Sadly with being out there 2 and 4 weeks ago, we were not able to go (they sent cool invites), but have spoken in depth to them about this since we held that story for far too long : )

This is exciting though, if there is even REMOTELY a chance of him putting one of the woods into play too.

That Axis1.putter is sick. I bet it keeps face square unlike anyth8ng.

As suspected, starts with the Honma driver. Hopefully he has success with it and it stays.
bdb56576cf32b80d868f146b74960602.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

As suspected, starts with the Honma driver. Hopefully he has success with it and it stays.
bdb56576cf32b80d868f146b74960602.jpg

Would be pretty killer for Honma if he does.

Agreed.

How large do we think the implications are if he drops it before the Masters?

Does it really matter or will most just glaze over it?

Agreed.

How large do we think the implications are if he drops it before the Masters?

Does it really matter or will most just glaze over it?

Most will just glaze over it because they won't have a clue that he's playing Honma. As much as Honma is paying Rose, I can't believe they didn't get the front of his hat for advertising.

Most will just glaze over it because they won't have a clue that he's playing Honma. As much as Honma is paying Rose, I can't believe they didn't get the front of his hat for advertising.

But some will, and the tv will rest assured talk of it. That’s a win for Honma either way from where they are, and a win is a win.

But some will, and the tv will rest assured talk of it. That’s a win for Honma either way from where they are, and a win is a win.

I think TV talks much less about player's equipment than we talk about their equipment.

I think TV talks much less about player's equipment than we talk about their equipment.

Never said it didn’t, but, again, ANY talk is a win for a company like Honma. ANY.

How many people outside of forum members or in the industry that watch golf tournaments or the masters have heard of Honma? Whether he drops it or not before the masters won’t matter to a large majority of golfers.

How many people outside of forum members or in the industry that watch golf tournaments or the masters have heard of Honma? Whether he drops it or not before the masters won’t matter to a large majority of golfers.

Aaaaaaaaaaagain though, if it matters to SOME then it’s a win for Honma.

ANY attention is good attention.

Aaaaaaaaaaagain though, if it matters to SOME then it’s a win for Honma.

ANY attention is good attention.

I don’t disagree and having a guy like rose who is in contention almost every event means the bag and clubs gets air time. I just think when it comes to a specific club like a driver that nobody hears of it gets glanced over by the masses.

I think what’s more noticeable is when people see him with a Honma bag and not TM or not wearing adidas. Or others in similar situations where things that are noticeable like apparel or bags change

Is he still going to be wearing Adi Pure? As long as he keeps the stripes off his clothes, it'll be easier to distance himself from Taylormade and move on to Honma.

Is he still going to be wearing Adi Pure? As long as he keeps the stripes off his clothes, it'll be easier to distance himself from Taylormade and move on to Honma.

Bonodos clothing.

Is it true that the Axis1 is the biggest factor in him looking for a new contract?

I bet that putter is so money. Are they going to make a production model of it?

i never saw the efficacy of endorsements, but i suppose they work or companies wouldn't engage in them. i purchase a product based on how it performs for me, not because a certain player uses it.

-15 for Rosey in the Honma gear, not bad at all!

-15 for Rosey in the Honma gear, not bad at all!

Haven’t been able to pay attention, but do you know whether or not the driver stayed in the bag throughout the tournament? Pretty impressive if it did, but at the same time it’s not a major blow if it didn’t IMO.

Haven’t been able to pay attention, but do you know whether or not the driver stayed in the bag throughout the tournament? Pretty impressive if it did, but at the same time it’s not a major blow if it didn’t IMO.

I believe it did. With the Honma Vizard shaft in it

Nice! Very solid debut with the Honma gear. Thanks Jman!

Hmmmmm......

the way rosey tinkers, i think it's pretty awesome that he would put that shaft in play and have success.

Back