Increasing Swing Speed - What works / What doesn't work

Agreed Super Speed works. You'll notice real gains from SS even without a radar, you just won't be able to track them as closely. A friend I practice and play with somewhat regularly employs SS and it's impossible to miss the significant progress he's enjoyed. He's always been a very good golfer but he's now noticeably longer throughout the bag. Several months ago I asked if he'd changed shafts or something because he also added needed height on all his shots too. Nope. He still hits everything straight as a string, just further and higher.

I've not done Super Speed yet but I plan to. I was able to add >20% to my club speed primarily by working to strengthen my hands wrists and forearms. I had a long way to go though because I was always so pathetically short. I had a huge power leak in my swing in that I barely used that final lever in my swing at all, even in my prime. I've trained myself to utilize some wrist set now and built my swing speed significantly. Costs me some accuracy and consistency though:beat-up:

and so is this superS thing something that you use regularly long term or once through the routine is it no longer useful?

and so is this superS thing something that you use regularly long term or once through the routine is it no longer useful?

Check out the homepage review, explains the protocols and such. It’s not just a one routine thing, it changes and evolves as you work in though protocols.

If you’re doing it correctly, it takes weeks to advance to the next protocol.

Check out the homepage review, explains the protocols and such. It’s not just a one routine thing, it changes and evolves as you work in though protocols.

So I ordered mine on amazon. I’ll get through the first 4 weeks prior to going on holidays for 2 weeks. When I return should I repeat the first 4 weeks or should I move to the next level?

So I ordered mine on amazon. I’ll get through the first 4 weeks prior to going on holidays for 2 weeks. When I return should I repeat the first 4 weeks or should I move to the next level?

Honestly, I’d say it’s personal preference. I would repeat at least 2 weeks but that’s just me!

sounds like something I can work with through the winter in spare time (if I have enough..lol)
I think im going to get these. I don't have room in my house but maybe on my yard deck even if freezing out..lol

I was very intrigued by the SuperSpeed training. I may yet do that, but for now, I went a different direction...and it worked.

What I did was a combination of speed training using a personal launch monitor and specific workouts in the gym. Of course, this yielded improved conditioning specific to the golf swing. But what was surprising to me was what I learned about the golf swing. Specifically, how the different levers and sequencing of the swing affect swing speed. There is a LOT to learn about technique. By trying out different instruction that suggested this or that for increasing swing speed I found what was suboptimal in my swing and what made the most difference. That was probably my biggest ah-ha in using this approach. I could immediately try something and see what its effect was on swing speed.

I spent most of the first quarter doing this where I would take one practice session a week where I did speed training one of the three times a week I'd go to the range. The other two times on the range, I'd work more on ingraining the specific swing changes that I discovered made a difference.

The result was a solid 10 MPH increase in driver swing speed with consistency. My irons are NOT as consistent and I'm working on that. I found a tendency to sway crept into my swing. Working on rotating more.

A tiny fraction more timing at the top before you wallop it!

what doesn't work is getting older and getting rear ended in a vehicle accident. Has not improved my swing speed at all!

Back