How much do you pay for lessons?

45 a half hour and I get 10 lessons for 400.00 m. We work for 1/2 hour then I get unlimited balls to practice for another 1/2 hour .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one I was looking at that was 150 or 175 /hr for the head pro. 125 for the other instructors. Preety sure there was a steep discount with a pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I paid a LOT (like thousands) to get a 30-pack of lessons at Golftec. It was necessary though as my entire swing had to be torn down and reconstructed. And as an IT guy, I really like how technical the lessons were and their use of videos, sensors and angles to show what I’m doing wrong. I can now break 90, something I thought wasn’t possible. I’m really excited to see how low I can go, now that I’m not shanking half my shots and am much more confident in my fundamentals.

I still go about once a month for maintenance and haven’t used up all my lessons yet. It was really expensive but totally worth it for me

I pay $50 per hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$50/hr at our course. But, there is no technology being used. No notes being taken. No major swing theories being preached. He's a good teacher for what I need. But, I could see someone who needs a lot more work could be left wanting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I pay $400 for 5-1 hour lessons that includes a track man. My instructor is booked out weeks at a time and I usually grab a cancellation spot since my workday is flexible.

I paid $120/hr for a lesson that included trackman and video. Lesson before that was $50 for 1/2 hourish that included video.

Looking at the exchange rate, I pay about $60 for an hour lesson, although more often than not, because I tend to have the last lesson of the day during the week it can end up being a lot longer

My instructor uses Trackman, GASP video analysis and has the option of GEARS in the other teaching bay at his facility if you want to get really technical

I pay $75 for a lesson that lasts about 1 hour. But that is the discounted rate because I work at the golf course.

Last one was $95/hour from a well regarded teacher in the area.

FWIW, even at $100/hr, you can get 4-5 lessons for about the same price as a shiny new driver. I can assure you that you will get more out of 4-5 lessons than spending the money on a new club.

I've posted this before, but my instructor and I are amazed at how much money certain people at the course spend major $$$$ on every gimmicky swing fix gadget or new, fancy club that will go "longer and straighter" yet won't take a lesson.

Think another question to ask is if your taking one from the head pro/director of golf or an assistant. Price will vary because of that. I'm at the $100 rate with the head pro. I'm not a member so it's less for his members. Great instructor and worth the $$$ if you can find a good one.

I think $100 for one lesson is a bit steep, but you pay what you want.

I'd rather pay $200 for a series of 5 lessons which I've done in the past.

Currently I settled with a Pro who charges me $40 for 45 minutes. Pretty reasonable and with the results I've had after just 3 lessons we are going to continue to work together the rest of this year, also convenient that he works at a golf course 3 miles from where I live.

I'm paying $70/half hour.

Think another question to ask is if your taking one from the head pro/director of golf or an assistant. Price will vary because of that. I'm at the $100 rate with the head pro. I'm not a member so it's less for his members. Great instructor and worth the $$$ if you can find a good one.

Great call, that's a pretty crucial piece of context. My facility offers full Trackman (indoor or outdoor), video and report outs from all instructors, but the rates vary greatly.

Director of Instruction - Top 100 Coach, Endorsed by 5 of the Top 20 coaches, former PGA player, coach to current PGA players, on TGC Golf Academy frequently, etc. = $159/hr
Lesson with the next guy down, former assistant at Harbour Town Golf Links, etc - $110/hr
Lesson with the next guy down, previously worked directly with Leadbetter for year - $80/hr

So, you have the option to pick your investment level, or have the ability to start at the bottom and then work your way up as your swing progresses.

I think $100 for one lesson is a bit steep, but you pay what you want.

I'd rather pay $200 for a series of 5 lessons which I've done in the past.

Currently I settled with a Pro who charges me $40 for 45 minutes. Pretty reasonable and with the results I've had after just 3 lessons we are going to continue to work together the rest of this year, also convenient that he works at a golf course 3 miles from where I live.

Would you pay $100 if the next day you went out and shot a PB? Again, the price is dependant on the student/professional realationship and what you are trying to get out of the lesson. I can argue that if you get the right pro, that $200 for 2 lessons could possibly equal or surpass the 5 for the exact same price. People matter. Knowledge matters. Teaching technique matters. And when you find a good one, whether at $50 or $100 and hour, keep it!

Would you pay $100 if the next day you went out and shot a PB? Again, the price is dependant on the student/professional realationship and what you are trying to get out of the lesson. I can argue that if you get the right pro, that $200 for 2 lessons could possibly equal or surpass the 5 for the exact same price. People matter. Knowledge matters. Teaching technique matters. And when you find a good one, whether at $50 or $100 and hour, keep it!

Right, I'd venture that if a guy charging $100-150+ per hour and is consistently booked solid most days...people are seeing a nice ROI, and that should give you confidence. Budgets will dictate what is reasonable for a given student, but a "deal" may not always be a great thing when it comes to entrusting your swing to a pro.

Right, I'd venture that if a guy charging $100-150+ per hour and is consistently booked solid most days...people are seeing a nice ROI, and that should give you confidence. Budgets will dictate what is reasonable for a given student, but a "deal" may not always be a great thing when it comes to entrusting your swing to a pro.

Have no issues taking from an up and coming professional that knows his/her stuff but is at the level they are at due to experience. I think it's always the Million Dollar question with the "taking lesson" threads here is, how do you know you are getting what you need from a lesson/professional. How many lessons should it take before seeing results. What are you wanting from the lessons. Etc. Many times the student doesn't have anything to compare it to so just "settles" in for the long haul with someone. There are good ones out there, just gotta find 'em!

I would pay $100 if the next day I went out and shot a PB.

I'm looking at it in the price value perspective and you're looking at it in the overall value of what's more important. Luckily I'm now at the point where I don't do a series of 3,5, hell even one year I did a series of 10 lessons at $350. Now I just pay for single lessons when I feel it's necessary and have a good relationship with the Pro on what I like/dislike and trust what he tells me in a given lesson, and again, I have a repeatable swing along with much improved chipping/putting since finding this Pro.

Lots of factors on your ability(beginner/advanced), the coach, the plan, the goal, etc.

You can't put a price on happiness and fun!

I pay $65 for 45 minutes, but that's a discounted rate for buying at least 5 at once (I think). I haven't bought any since last year when I paid $500 up front. But I've used the same guy for years and he usually spends anywhere from 1-2 hours with me for that price depending on what else he has scheduled/planned for that day.

He works for the club I'm a member at and can use Trackman if we want (before it was FlightScope), and he uses a digital camera on a tripod out on the grass range to film slow motion. So we can look at the screen on the camera to discuss the swing and necessary adjustments. At some point I'm sure they will upgrade to something like iPads on a stand for the larger screen.

I've used another place for my son that charges $100 an hour. They have everything, high speed cameras, boditrak, trackman, etc. They use what they think the need based on the swing in it's current state. They typically film using their iphones and then mirror their screen to a TV on the wall for review.

Also, if you click with the $100/hr pro better than anyone else, you may end up spending less overall on lessons than if you went to someone cheaper. "People matter" is a good way to put it.

Everyone around me is $100/hr or more. I pay $70/hr but he doesn't use any tech like launch monitors or video. I am only 2 lessons in and its been huge for my game.

I do a Pro Pack with GG for the year. 26 lessons for like 500 bucks or something like that.

My club pro is $55 for 30 min, or $245 for 6 30 minute lessons

$Nothing
We have 6 retired PGA Pros who give us free lessons...
~ State of the art Golf simulator screen
~ putting greens
~ Chipping greens
~ at the Range
~ On the course

They are thorogh and diliberate... and APPRECIATED! Especially since lessons can be so expensive.

Back