What never gets old in golf?

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm watching PGA Tour Live right now, and after almost every tee shot you can hear the guys tell each other "good shot." I'm thinking, of course it's a good shot, you're the best in the world at this! Gee, it must get old saying that over and over on pretty much every shot, every week.

But then I thought, I personally never get tired of telling my playing partners good shot. I love seeing people hit good shots! So, telling my buddies "good shot" never gets old.

What in golf will never get old for you?

The feeling of absolutely flushing a driver, wood or iron shot. Just a no doubter hit it on the screws. That feeling never gets old.

The sound of the ball hitting the bottom of the cup

Hitting a shot exactly how you visualized it or told your playing partners how you wanted to hit it.

A pured drive that just floats in the air. I never want it to fall from the sky, just stay in the air high and long watching it fly over the fairway. My fairway percentage isn't the greatest, so that feeling, while fewer than most, gets me every time! Plus it means a great lie for shot #2!!

Teeing up that first ball on the first hole. The whole round is in front of you, and how could that ever get old!

A long draw off the tee.

The challenge of playing as strictly by the RoG as I know how.

The sound of the ball hitting the bottom of the cup

THIS! It's why I hate gimmes.

What never gets old in golf?

There is nothing better than a purely hit iron to a shortish par 3. You hit one high and solid and sometimes it feels like the ball may just stay up there before coming down toward the pin. I will never get tired of that feeling. And an ice cold beer with the group after a round will also never get old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes to everything mentioned thus far, and I'll add draining a longer putt you were attempting to lag close to the hole.

Yes to everything mentioned thus far, and I'll add draining a longer putt you were attempting to lag close to the hole.

I love this one! Especially when you are walking to the hole to tap it in and everyone thinks you had that much confidence that is was going in.

Shaking hands with your playing partners at the conclusion of the round.

Eagle putts as they likely come after two almost perfectly executed shots.

Hitting a shot exactly how you visualized it or told your playing partners how you wanted to hit it.

This does is it for me too. Especially when it's a difficult complicated shot. Whether I'm the one who hits it or I get to see a playing partner pull one off.

Executing full swing shots correctly. It only happens a few times a round exactly as I have it drawn up in my head so it is a thrill when it happens.

Being on the course with friends, family/framily. The stories the laughter the grind. To me nothing gets old on the course.

The look on someone's face when they hole one they weren't expecting. Long putt, tough chip, approach, whatever. They expression progression of 'Hey, that one's pretty good', to 'that's really good', to 'that has a chance', to 'get in the hole!', to arms in the air joy, to the smiling disbelief and looking around like 'did you see that?!'. I love it all. Doesn't get any better.

I'm watching PGA Tour Live right now, and after almost every tee shot you can hear the guys tell each other "good shot." I'm thinking, of course it's a good shot, you're the best in the world at this! Gee, it must get old saying that over and over on pretty much every shot, every week.

But then I thought, I personally never get tired of telling my playing partners good shot. I love seeing people hit good shots! So, telling my buddies "good shot" never gets old.

What in golf will never get old for you?

The feeling of a flush iron shot, center face. Butter. Nothing better. Watching it track the flag!

Playing a hole properly from tee to green although it seldom happens for me.

Eagle putts as they likely come after two almost perfectly executed shots.

It has been some time, but I've had one or two of those types of putts after just one well struck shot.

The look on someone's face when they hole one they weren't expecting. Long putt, tough chip, approach, whatever. They expression progression of 'Hey, that one's pretty good', to 'that's really good', to 'that has a chance', to 'get in the hole!', to arms in the air joy, to the smiling disbelief and looking around like 'did you see that?!'. I love it all. Doesn't get any better.

... better than most!

Every time I step on a course, I think about what it’ll be like to play in the grandaddy....

That doesn’t ever get old...

Y'all have hit on all the things I would've mentioned.

Social aspects aside, I especially love watching a longer putt with a fair amount of break track into the cup.

Back