The best shot of the round

Hit a wedge to about 8 inches from 65 yards to salvage a par after my tee shot left me behind some trees requiring a punch out to get the ball back in play.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tried to hit a Phil mickelson style flop shot over a bunker to a short sided pin.

Ended up blading the crap out of it and sent it full speed into the side of the bunker. It had enough speed and top spin to pop up and roll forward to within 2 feet for a tap in par!

And this was during a 4 man scramble and the other shots all went over the green!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 179-yd 4/5 hybrid that put the ball in the perfect spot for the approach. This is a sharp dogleg left with mature trees on both sides, pinching down to 10-15 yds wide at one point about 115 yds in front of the green. It was as wide open a shot as you can have for the approach; the best look I've ever had on this hole.

Naturally, I fatted the resultant 8-iron from 135 yds out.

314y drive in the #1 handicap hole. It was playing ~430y. I hit the best drive I've ever hit on that hole. I was within ~2y of going through the fairway.

Unfortunately, my subsequent shots did not live up to the standard that was set by the drive.
84cbef6915ff4a7c345cf56adac84987.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Two "shots of the round" for me, back to back today. I was playing like hot garbage, with two quads and a triple. Guess which three (3!) holes I lost a ball on? Anyway, last hole, the tees were set way back, almost even with the blacks. I put a drive about 290 (rock hard fairway) slightly uphill yards, right in the middle, with about a 20mph crosswind. Then I followed it up with an easy swing gap wedge from about 95 yards to 4 feet. And to top it off, I made the putt for my only birdie of the round.

Friday's round - 25 foot right to left uphill putt to save par.

Saturday's round - 40 foot right to left slight uphill putt for birdie.

Hit a great wedge shot 99 yards to 1 inch. Best approach shot I have hit all summer

291y 3wd. Nearly drove the green on a short par 4.
d0d851a22e9a6e48ddd02445d0891a1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

60 yards out on a short par 4. One bounce and in w/ my 58 degree for an eagle.

3 wood from 225 out of the rough to the front fringe on a par 5 to set up a 2 putt (officially 1) birdie.

Hit a 17 degree hybrid right at the flagstick on a 215 yd par 3 yesterday. Rolled past about 14 or 15 ft. I left the downhill birdie putt short, but was very happy with a tap in par on that hole.

549add1de7c0a036aae78b5d7af495ca.jpg

My buddy and i both had great tee shots on this par 3, he got the greenie by an inch,I got the birdie!
d828712a1479b1df4072409ed80624f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A 179-yd 4/5 hybrid that put the ball in the perfect spot for the approach.

Hit this tee shot 185 yds tonight, and left another clean shot to the green. Didn't fat it, but it was another weak 8-iron just short and right of the green.

Best shot of the round, though, was pitching in for a birdie from 18 yds out. 3 hops and dropped in. It was my first ever birdie on that hole.

How bout an opening tee shot bomb? Ignore the 3 putt I skipped warmups
db9407d3507ce11bd05f21d59aa50e2e.jpg

Nothing great to write home about. Maybe a well struck 7 to set up a make-able birdie. Missed it though
6e10be95bdcda1c897d3a542556f5ea7.jpg

PW from 129 out of the rough and against the wind to about 6 inches.

Got a bad bounce on a double dogleg right par 5 that forced a punch out across the fairway. So, for my 3rd shot I've got a severe sidehill lie in the rough from about 180 yards out to a back pin tucked into a little finger on the green. Made all the necessary adjustments and put it 8 feet right of the cup and made the birdie.

Chip in from about 12 yards to save par.

Chip in for par after hitting a terrible 2nd shot that left an impossible chip to hold the green.

My drive went left and settled into some trees about 90y from the pin. I had a small gap in the trees so I opened up the 54 and gave it a shot. Split the gap perfectly and dropped one to 6 inches for a kick-in birdie.

122yd pitching wedge on a par 3 to 2 feet. I made the putt for birdie!

I had a few gems today, striped the best drive of the year down the middle for 306yds on 18, but my best was on the lip of a raised bunker, feet in the bunker, ball knee height hit really good flop that spun perfectly and curled around the back of the cup leaving about a 2” putt.

Probably a 3 wood off the tee on #18. Tight draw down the corner right off the button.

Back